How do you keep pancakes warm while cooking everything else???? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How do you keep pancakes warm while cooking everything else????

Last post Dec 20, 2009 10:05 PM by suzycreamcheese_MI . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • How do you keep pancakes warm while cooking everything else????

I never cook breakfeast.    But  we decided to make a Christmas day breakfeast.    I have no idea when to cook what but mainly I dont know how Im going to serve hot pancakes other then throwing them in the microwave.   Is there a better way to do this?   There will only be 7 of us.

False
  • Re: How do you keep pancakes warm while cooking everything else????

I put a plate (oven-proof) in the oven on the very lowest setting. As the pancakes are cooked, I transfer them to that plate and cover them with a dish towel. Works very well to keep them warm but not dried out. Just be sure to use a potholder because the plate will be hot!

False

I do it the same way..oven proof plate, oven at lowest temp and cover them with a towel. I've also laid them out on a cookie sheet and covered them.

False

Same here!

False

I agree with everyone else and I usually do the pancakes last because its easier to keep warm or re heat hash browns or sausage, etc than it is the pancakes.

I always heat my syrup as well. Oh it's been so long since I made them it sounds delicious with some sausage or bacon, yea baconStick out tongue. Might just treat myself at Christmas.Big Smile

~Jan~

False

SCSG Jan blue eyed mouse siggy

~~The most important things in life aren't things!~~ 

its not dangerous to put a towel in the oven??

False

Nah, not at 170, which is usually the lowest temp.  If in doubt, you can dampen it before placing over the pancakes, which will help to keep them moist too! Usually we don't even use the towel, because as Jan said, we do the pancakes last and keep the other stuff warm in the oven on low.

False