Pan de Campo ( Camp Bread) | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Pan de Campo ( Camp Bread)

Last post Feb 05, 2010 8:49 AM by rosiewny . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Pan de Campo ( Camp Bread)

Sure looks easy enough and no yeast ~  Bet it would be wonderful with a stew or a bowl of some of the great soup recipes being posted lately ~  Janie

Pan de Campo

Ingredients

4 cups  flour (ap)

4 Tbs sugar

2 tsp baking powder

1 Tbs salt

1/4 cup vegt shortening

1/4 cup vegt oil

about 2 cups milk( 1-1/2 )

Oven set at 450.  Sift all dry ingredients. Stir in the shortening and the oil.  Work the dough until it resembles  a course meal.  Add 1-1/2 cups of the milk and stir.  The dough will be stickt but workable.  If the dough is too stiff add more milk and if its to thin add more flour.

Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead it hard for 1 minute.  Do not over work  Pat it gently or roll it into a 9" circle that is 1/4-1/2" thick 

Dock all over with a fork and place it onto a ungreased baking sheet.  Bake for 20 minutes.  When its done it should be golden brown an dit will have a biscuit texture on the inside ~ 

Serves 4-6

Dishes  from the Wild Horse Desert ~ 

False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.

• Re: Pan de Campo ( Camp Bread)

Janie, this sounds good~I have been in soup mode so this might be the thing to make the meal for everyone.

Thanks for sharing the recipe~Linda

False

Your welcome Linda, I am going to add a few herbs  and will half the recipe ~  That Lentil soup would be perfect  or Bean  Soup !~  wow !` 

Have  agreat day ~  Snow is on its  way  ~ back in Jersey ~  The kids have till Wed to get out of town ~  Man the Carolinas  are really getting blasted ~  My gosh 2 foot of snow ~  I can imagine the stores ~  whoa ~  Janie

False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.

Hi Janie~I HAVE to get off here! lol We are only supposed to get an inch of snow as it seems to be going obviously south. We are always stocked up on everything, so I hope they do the same...it can be so treacherous even if you are used to it!

Have a great day...it looks like another soup day! lol

False

Perfect for lil ol' yeast challenged me  :)    Thanks Janie!  

False

Jolene--  http://jolenesrecipejournal.blogspot.com/

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it" -- Julia Child

Can`t beat fresh baked bread with a nice bowl of soup.

Thanks again Janie.
     G m.Coffee

Rosie

False