R & R: Classic Baked Ziti | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

R & R: Classic Baked Ziti

Last post Feb 13, 2010 2:05 PM by kaly_ab . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • R & R: Classic Baked Ziti

This came from the back of the Mueller's Ziti package. I posted on the back of package recipes thread too! YUMMY!

I made this last night and it was AWESOME! Easy to make and delicious. My favorite jarred pasta sauce is Bertolli Vidalia Onion and Garlic. I put all the Parmesan in the middle and only topped with the Mozzarella. Hope you enjoy as much as my family and I did. I heated some sauce on the side for guests to add more if they wanted.

Classic Baked Ziti

1 pound ziti

1 lb ground beef

1/2 cup chopped onion

2 cloves garlic, minced

6 cups meatless spaghetti sauce, divided

1 cup pasta water, reserved from draining ziti

2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese

1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Slightly undercook ziti.

Drain reserving 1 cup of pasta water, cover and set aside.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

In large skillet over medium heat, cook beef, onion and garlic; stirring frequently 6 to 8 minutes or until beef is browned. Drain fat.

Stir in 5 cups spaghetti sauce and reserved pasta water. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Mix the meat/sauce mixture with ziti. Spoon 1/2 of ziti mixture into 13x9x2" baking dish. Sprinkle with Mozzarella and 1/2 of Parmesan cheese. Top with remaining ziti mixture and remaining 1 cup spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake 25 - 30 minutes or until heated through.

Serves 6 - 8

False

Visit my blogs:

www.everythingforkids.wordpress.com

www.partiespartiesparties.wordpress.com

Stop signs are NOT a suggestion! 

Talk Like A Pirate Day countdown banner

Dear Math: I am not your therapist...solve your own problems!

• Re: R & R: Classic Baked Ziti

This looks great, thank you for the R&R!   Will be on the lookout for that Bertolli sauce  :)

False

Jolene--  http://jolenesrecipejournal.blogspot.com/

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it" -- Julia Child

Thanks for the heads up about the Bertolli - I never seem to be satisfied with jarred sauce, so I will surely give this one a try. Thanks for posting this delicious sounding recipe.

False

I'm really not a red sauce fan but the Bertolli is really good. I've not tried the other varieties but would like to try the olive oil one. This was even good cold! I was starving and took a bite...I ate 1/2 of what was leftover!

False

Visit my blogs:

www.everythingforkids.wordpress.com

www.partiespartiesparties.wordpress.com

Stop signs are NOT a suggestion! 

Talk Like A Pirate Day countdown banner

Dear Math: I am not your therapist...solve your own problems!

Ellen, thank you for the R & R~

Sounds fantastic!

False

Taste of Home Field Editor. Blogger & Photographer.  http://nutmegdisrupted.com/