Sam's Chicken Salad? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Sam's Chicken Salad?

Last post Apr 04, 2010 11:12 AM by c3clark . 2 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
  • Sam's Chicken Salad?

Does anyone know how to make Sam's chicken salad that they make from their rotisserie chickens (not the one demonstrators make from the canned chicken)?  Sam's has a refrigerator section near the meats that has the ready made meals that they sell.  Well, about a month ago they were giving samples of the rotisserie chicken salad that they sell and it was REALLY good.  I never bought their ready-made stuff because I think it's too expenseive.  So I looked at the ingredients listed on the carton, but of course I forgot what they were cause I didn't write them down.  Indifferent  So I was wondering if anyone has bought it or knows what the ingredients are..

carole

False

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
    -Will Rogers

• Re: Sam's Chicken Salad?

Carole, I checked out the recipe section on Sam's Club website, and I found this recipe. 

Chinese Chicken Salad

4 c. cubed cooked chicken breast

1/3 c. toasted slivered almonds

1/3 c. chopped green onion

1 red or green bell pepper cut into rings

1 pkg. Maruchan Ramen noodles, Oriental or Chicken Flavor, crushed

Lettuce and/or young spinach leaves

Dressing:

3 Tbsp. rice vinegar

2 Tbsp. soy sauce

Ramen seasoning packet (from noodle packet)

1/3 c. salad oil

1 Tbsp. peanut butter

dash dried red pepper flakes

Whisk dressing ingredients together; set aside.  Combine chicken, almonds, green onions, and bell pepper rings.  Toss with dressing and broken Ramen noodles.  Serve on chilled, lettuce-lined plates.  Yield:  4 servings

This is similar to a salad I make using cabbage.  It isn't as good (IMHO) the next day as the noodles loose their crunch slightly in the dressing.

Diana

False
    Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away! Click for Manchester, United Kingdom Forecast
  • Re: Sam's Chicken Salad?

Diana--That sounds like a good and more unusual chicken salad. I copied to try.  Thanks.  But that's still not the one that they make and sell.  It was more of the standard mayo-type chicken salad, but there must have been some other ingredients which I can't remember that made it taste so good.  I was at Sam's the other day and I was going to write down the ingredients, but of course my luck was that they didn't have any made up in the refrigerator section.  Hopefully they'll have some the next time that I go.

carole

False

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
    -Will Rogers