?? How to improve a 'cake mix' cake.... | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

?? How to improve a 'cake mix' cake....

Last post Apr 10, 2010 2:06 AM by Dianag . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • ?? How to improve a 'cake mix' cake....

I copied a recipe from here a long time ago on how to improve a cake mix.  Now, I can't find it and I'm not good with the search.  Can any of you help me out?  Thanks so much.  I have several cake mixes (chocolate, spice, white, and red).

False
  • Re: ?? How to improve a 'cake mix' cake....

Good Morning!

This recipe was on this board a long time ago.  Sorry I don't know who originally posted it so I can't give her the credit she deserves.  I made this for my nephew's graduation last spring and everyone loved it!

ALWAYS MOIST CAKE

Instead of the ingredients called for on the box, mix the following:

1 cake mix (ANY FLAVOR)

1 box instant pudding (3 oz size, not fat free)

2 eggs

2 c milk

Bake as directed on box.

False

Here is one of the original posts with more instructions:

Posted by: enjoynature_PA Replies: 6 Posted on: 2/28/2005 5:15:57 AM
    #T482131

cake mix
    1 box instant pudding
    2 eggs
    2 cups milk

I was searching yesterday to add something to a cake mix on the internet. I get tired of the same old same old. I use to professionally cake decorate. So I know how to make moist cakes. So I thought.

Until Yesterday I came across a recipe where you take your cake mix add l box of instant pudding, 2 eggs, 2 cups of milk. Mix and enjoy.What a super moist cake, so light so airy, to wonderful. Before to make a moist cake that people thought it was not scratch.

I would separate the eggs and whip the white into almost a meriqune like then slowly add the cake mix, the yolks, oil and water. Whipping on high. The cake I made yesterday was more moist then the old way I use to do it. I would highly recommend it.Try it next time tell me what you think~

False

Subject: Enhanced Cake Mix
    Posted by: Cubbybear Replies: 1 Posted on: 4/25/2002 6:54:55 AM
    #T46113
    kakeladi
    Here is a recipe for you:)
    Wed Apr 24 01:50:15 2002

Enhanced Cake Mix

1 pkg cake mix - any flavor (I use Betty Crocker)
    1 cup all purpose flour
    1 cup granulated sugar
    dash of salt

Mix these together well with a fork and set aside.

3 whole large eggs
    1 cup sour cream
    1 & 1/3 cup water or milk
    1/2 cup butter, melted
    1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)

-- Place in mixer bowl; add dry ingredients. Mix on low speed for 1 minute. Beat for 2 minutes.
    Pour into prepared pans and bake as usual.
    -- This makes enough batter as if you used 1 and 1/2 cake mixes. It is a bit more dense - on the order of pound cake but not as dense as pound cake you would buy ready made:)
    -- I found this on another web site.It sounds easy and good.

False

posted by TriainAtlanta

This cake mix "enhanced" recipe is also very good made with a white cake mix - using egg whites.

Basic sour cream yellow cake

1 pkg. (18.25 oz.) yellow cake mix
    1 cup sour cream
    1/3 cup vegetable oil, crisco, canola, etc.
    1/4 cup water
    1/4 cup sugar
    4 large eggs
    1 tsp. pure vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease or spray tube pan or 13 x 9 in. pan.
    Dust w/ flour and shake out.

Place cake mix, sour cream, oil water, sugar, eggs and vanilla in large mixing bowl. Blend w/ electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Scrape down sides w/ spatula. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat for additional 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing out with spatula.
    Bake cak until it is golden brown and springs back when touched. Follow time instructions for correct pan size on cake mix box.

Remove pan from oven and cool on rack for 20 minutes. Leave cake in 13x 9 pan, if desired for ease in icing, serving, and carrying.

Ice as desired.

I put bundt pan recipes in 13x9 pans all the time when I am in a hurry and don't want to worry about the pan sticking when taking it somewhere. That's the only time that happens! They usually cook in 30 to 45 minutes, depending on your oven.

You can use these aprox. measurements in any flavor cake mix, mixing and adding flavorings to your taste. There are a million such recipes on this site!

False

Thanks so much.  I used the easy version today....eggs, milk and instant pudding, but plan to try the others.  It's in the oven and smells great.  Thanks again.

False

I usually use a cake mix, small box of instant pudding, 4 eggs, 1 cup sour cream, and 1/2 cup oil.  You can add nuts, chocolate chips, chunks of cookies, etc.  depending on flavor of cake mix. 

False
    Photobucket

Opallu

I usually use a cake mix, small box of instant pudding, 4 eggs, 1 cup sour cream, and 1/2 cup oil.  You can add nuts, chocolate chips, chunks of cookies, etc.  depending on flavor of cake mix. 

I use the same additions, and I will change the pudding flavor depending on the cake--vanilla w/ white or yellow cake, diff choc puddings w/ diff choc cakes, pumpkin or butterscotch is great w/ spice cake, and I found a choc mint pudding awhile back that was great in a choc cake, then I made a mint frosting to go on it!  I like to add this if I make cupcakes, especially, because it makes them a little more substantial, not quite so light & fluffy.  Whether cupcakes or a cake, though, it always turns out a great moist result!   

False

I think I found this recipe here, but I didn't write down who posted it - sorry!   I use it for every box cake I make, and it certainly makes a difference in the taste and texture.   

Any Cake

1 cake mix (I always use Duncan Hines)

1 small box instant pudding mix (any flavor to go w/cake flavor)

4 eggs

1/2 c. vegetable oil

1 c. water

Combine ingredients and prepare as directed on cake box. 

Enjoy!

Diana

False
    Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away! Click for Manchester, United Kingdom Forecast