ISO recipe for sticky buns using refrigerated biscuits? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO recipe for sticky buns using refrigerated biscuits?

Last post Apr 18, 2006 8:59 PM by dutchmom4MI . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • ISO recipe for sticky buns using refrigerated biscuits?
    They were the Grand biscuits that you cut in half and roll in cinnamon and sugar and then top with a mix of I think brown sugar, corn syrup and pecans. Can anyone help?? :)
    False
  • RE: ISO recipe for sticky buns using refrigerated biscuits?
    Here is one to look at while I continue searching through recipes for you.

Easy Cinnamon Rolls (Sticky Buns)

Yields: 10

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 stick margarine or butter, melted
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1/2 cup nuts, chopped
    1 tablespoon water
    1/2 cup white sugar
    1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
    Two 11-ounce cans refrigerated regular or buttermilk biscuits

DIRECTIONS:

1. Take 2 tablespoons melted butter with the brown sugar, nuts, and water and place in the bottom of 10-inch Bundt pan.

2. Mix white sugar and cinnamon together. Dip each biscuit lightly in rest of melted butter then into sugar and cinnamon mixture.

3. Place each biscuit on end in Bundt pan; pinch tips or sides of biscuits slightly together (this helps prevent ring from falling apart when served). Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes. After baking turn biscuit ring out onto plate. Serve immediately. (Or cool the rolls to serve later. Reheat to serve if you like.)

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION:
    Calories: 350
    Total Fat: 17
    Cholesterol: 0
    Sodium: 725

False

Cool

I found it!

Microwave Caramel Pecan Rolls

Make grand magic in the microwave for those who love sticky buns and just have to have them NOW!

Ingredients:Topping

1/4 cup butter 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
    2 tablespoons whipping cream
    1/2 cup chopped pecans

Rolls:

2 tablespoons butter
    1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 (10.2-oz.) can (5 biscuits) Pillsbury® Grands!® Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits

Prep Time: 15 Minutes 

Preparation Directions:

1.Place 1/4 cup butter in 9-inch microwave-safe pie pan. Microwave on HIGH for 40 to 60 seconds. Add all remaining topping ingredients except pecans; mix well. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir; sprinkle pecans over top.

2.In shallow microwave-safe dish, melt 2 tablespoons butter in microwave on HIGH for 20 to 30 seconds. In another shallow dish, combine 1/3 cup brown sugar and cinnamon; mix well.

3.Separate dough into 5 biscuits. Dip biscuits in melted butter to coat all sides; dip in brown sugar mixture, coating well. Arrange biscuits in circle over topping in pie pan, leaving center open.

4.Microwave on HIGH for 4 to 6 minutes or until dough in center of biscuits is no longer doughy. Cool 30 seconds; invert onto serving plate. Serve warm.

5 rolls

NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING:SERVING SIZE:1 RollCalories600Calories from Fat310
    % DAILY VALUETotal Fat34g52 %Saturated13g65 %Cholesterol45mg15 %Sodium760mg32 %Total Carbohydrate68g23 %Dietary Fiber2g8 %Sugars44gProtein5g
    Vitamin A15 %Vitamin C0 %Calcium8 %Iron15 %

DIETARY EXCHANGES:2 Starch, 2 1/2 Fruit, 6 1/2 Fat OR 4 1/2 Carbohydrate, 6 1/2 Fat
    False

Cool

Here is where I found this recipe at:

click here

http://www.pillsbury.com/recipesearch/showRecipe.asp?recipeID=40735
    False

Cool

Hi mom2cnj. I don’t know if this is what you are looking for, but if you try it I PROMISE you’ll like it! It’s been awhile since I made it but I can tell you it’s one of my tried and true recipes. My children would help me make it when they were still at home. But ... *sigh*... they’re all grown up and on their on now.

QUICK MONKEY BREAD
    Recipe from Southern Living 1982 Annual Recipes, page 36

1/2 cup chopped pecans
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    3 (10-ounce) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
    1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
    1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted

Sprinkle chopped pecans evenly in the bottom of a well-greased 10-inch Bundt pan. Set aside.

Combine sugar and cinnamon. Cut biscuits into quarters: roll each piece in sugar mixture, and layer in pan.

Combine brown sugar and butter; pour over dough. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes Cool bread 10 minutes in pan; invert onto serving platter. Yield: one 10-inch coffee cake.

Recipe submitted by Judy Richardson, Pearland, Texas

Hope you enjoy!

Brenda

False
    Thank-you so much Marbalet and Brenda! I printed them all!! I can always count on the friendly people here to help out. I have hardly been able to be on this board this summer so I really appreciate you taking the time. :) THANKS!!
    False
    I've got it!!! This was in quick cooking. Really good! I eliminated the cinnamon sugar sprinkled on top because it always burnt before the rolls were done and was not needed.

1/4 cup margarine
    1/4 cup lite corn syrup
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1 cup pecans
    1 tube pillsbury Grands biscuits

melt butter,add corn syrup and brown sugar.
    Cook just till brown sugar dissolves. Add pecans.
    Pour mixture into 9 inch round baking pan.
    Cut biscuits in half and standup,flat side down around cake pan,twisting one for the middle.
    Bake at temp for biscuits,but until very brown on top.
    Invert onto plate larger than pan.

These also heat up in the microwave with paper towel on top--tastes like just baked.

False
    I've been looking for this too

Thanks, Jolene
    False
    Thank-you Earlybird!!! You are all so helpful. :)
    False
    Forgot about these. Haven't made them in years!
    False

bump for purgeme
    False