ISO: recipes from old Betty Crocker Cookbook, CIrca 1969 | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO: recipes from old Betty Crocker Cookbook, CIrca 1969

Last post Jul 26, 2010 11:28 AM by debjg_ny . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • ISO: recipes from old Betty Crocker Cookbook, CIrca 1969

If anyone has a copy of this old Betty Crocker Cookbook I'd so appreciate it if I could have a couple of recipes from it.  I'm fairly certain it is the 1969 edition.  It was fairly large, hardback with a red cover.  The cover had a circle that was split into six parts and each part contained a food photo.  One was a chocolate cake with white frosting; another was a fondue pot.  If you have such a cookbook I would very much appreciate a copy of the recipes for three bean salad and for gaspacho cold soup.   This was my only cookbook as a young bride and I remember leafing through it's pages and wishing I could make this or that recipe.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Gwynneth By Sea

False
  • Re: ISO: recipes from old Betty Crocker Cookbook, CIrca 1969

Gwynnethbysea - If anyone has a copy of this old Betty Crocker Cookbook I'd so appreciate it if I could have a couple of recipes from it - three bean salad and for gaspacho

Three-Bean Salad - Marvelous make-ahead salad, so popular for picnics and barbecues

1 - 1# can french-style green beans, drained

1 - 1# can wax beans, drained

1 - 1# can red kidney beans, drained

1/2 cup chopped green onions

1/4 cup snipped parsley

14 bottle (8oz.) italian salad dressing

1 T sugar

2 cloves crushed garlic

Combine beans, onions and parsley in large bowl. Combine dressing, sugar and garlic.  Pour over bean mixture and toss. Cover, refrigerate at least 3 hours.

False

Gwynnethbysea If anyone has a copy of this old Betty Crocker Cookbook - copy of the recipes for three bean salad and for gaspacho

Gazpacho

1 1/2 cups tomato juice

1 beef bouillon cube or 1 t. instant

1 tomato, chopped

1/4 cup chopped unpared cucumber

2 T chopped green pepper

2 T chopped onion

2 T wine vinegar

1 T. salad oil

1/2 t. salt

1/2 t. Worcestershire sauce

3 drops red pepper sauce

Heat tomato juice to boiling.  Add bouillon, stir until dissolved.  Stir in remaining ingredients.  Chill several hours. Serve with accompaniments: croutons - 1/3 cup each chopped tomato, unpared cucumber, green pepper and onion.

False

False

Thank you so much for the recipes.  I know it must have taken some effort to find such old recipes but I sure do appreciate it.  I've been craving that soup and couldn't find another recipe that sounded like the one I used to make from that particular book. 

False
    • Big Smile [:D]
    This is strange. I have had the paperback version of this book on my bedside table for months. I remember pouring over this book all the time before I even thought of getting married. Then when I got married I received the red hard copy of it as a wedding gift. I remember cooking the Broiled chicken, and Fricasied Chicken recipes as a new bride. But one of our faves was the Ranger cookies recipe. I lost the red copy during one of my moves, and the paperback copy is with out the front and back covers, and looks like it has been through a war, but I still come back to it for some of the simple recipes and cooking imformation.
    False