Baby Shower - Jungle/Safari Theme Food Ideas or Suggestions | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Baby Shower - Jungle/Safari Theme Food Ideas or Suggestions

Last post Oct 06, 2010 8:24 AM by CooknFox_NC . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • Baby Shower - Jungle/Safari Theme Food Ideas or Suggestions
    Big SmileCalling all creative minds! - Do you have any recipes or ideas I could use for a baby shower I am hosting (on Halloween) but the theme is going to be Jungle/Safari for a baby boy.   

Any help would be great appreciated!

Nicole

False
  • Re: Baby Shower - Jungle/Safari Theme Food Ideas or Suggestions

You can google baby shower safair or jungle themes and get ideas.

Here are a few suggestions...

Get stuffed animals and use them as decorations on the table and around here and there sitting where the party will be hosted. Let the mommy to be have them as a gift when the shower is done. Get leporad striped or some other animal skin looking material or wrapping paper and use it as a table cloth. Or you can take and wrap it around a clean serving dish or tall plastic flower pot. Tie it with a vine or raffi. Then use these dishes to place the food in.

Take a cookie cutter the shape of different animals. Make sandwhiches for the party with them. Make chicken salad or ham salad or egg salad and spread it between two pieces of bread. Use the cookie cutter to cut the bread into the shape of animals and place on a platter to serve to the guests.

Get a punch bowl and make a safari drink. Color it like a swamp look or nice and blue will do too since it's a boy. Find animals that can clip on the side of the punch bowl to help accent it.With todays trend of anything, you should be able to find serving cups with animals on them or skin. Or get clear and get animals stickers and stick them on yourself to look animal festive.

Find a recipe for vegetable pizza. You can make a crust the shape of an animal head. Then color the filling spread whatever animal you are trying to create. Arrange the vegetables to look like the face of the animal.

False

Here is a link to another thread that has some cute ideas.

http://community.tasteofhome.com/forums/p/117382/1681194.aspx#1681194

False

Faith is not demanding what we want; it is trusting God's goodness in spite of life's tragedies. Dave Branon

A cute baby shower game would be to write names of animals on slips of paper, fold them and place in a cup.  Each guest draws a name, then has to act out the animal with the other guests guessing what it is, like charades.  

As for food, some of the party mixes are called "People Chow".  Do a search and you will find several recipes.  You could arrange a serving dish to look like a feeding trough.  And you could use some decorative hay.  Wal-mart has some that is not real, so it wouldn't be messy.  There is also  a "dirt cake" you can serve in flower pots with gummy worms coming out the top.

hope you have a great time.

False

http://www.baby-shower-ideas-galore.com/jungle-baby-shower.html

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

http://www.creative-baby-shower-ideas.com/jungle-baby-shower-theme.html

False

http://www.coolest-baby-showers.com/coolest-jungle-safari-baby-shower.html

False

Fantastic ideas!  I love the wrapping paper as a table cloth.  I would have never thought of that and it will be so much cheaper than finding an animal print table cloth.  Thank you all for the food ideas and the links... this should keep me busy.  Thankfully mommy has decided to postpone the shower for another month... I only had three weeks notice before!  Whew....  Anyway... I am off to do some safari type food searches. Any other thoughts... post away!

Thank you!

NicoleBig Smile

False

Dirt cake!  I had forgotten that one and it is so yummy!

False