OT: Too Much Black Pepper-How do you fix it? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

OT: Too Much Black Pepper-How do you fix it?

Last post Oct 10, 2010 8:21 AM by Jellybean_NC . 3 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  • OT: Too Much Black Pepper-How do you fix it?

I just wanted to share this.  Yesterday I made candykisses' All Day Beef Stew.  This is my favorite stew recipe.  I like to saute' my vegetables and brown the meat rather than just adding everything together in the pan.   In using this method I got a little heavy handed with the black pepper by accident.   Of course I didn't know this until it was done!   I did a quick internet search and found one site that suggested adding lemon juice, a little sugar to offset the juice and another hint was adding corn to the dish.   I chose all of the above!   I did use brown sugar rather than white sugar but it worked.   Not sure if I was just lucky  or the hints really worked but anyway the stew was tasty and not overwhelmed with the pepper.

I'm sure that others have had a similar mishap.  What did you do? 

False
  • Re: OT: Too Much Black Pepper-How do you fix it?

Haven't used too much pepper but I once made a batch of chili with too much seasoning/heat.  Someone had given me a couple of peppers & said they 'weren't too hot'....yes, they were!  I tried some hints like adding a dollop of sour cream to the chili....it was just too hot for her so I made a second batch of chili with no seasoning & combine the 2.  It was still a bit too higly seasoned for us but we did eat it. 

False
    How about posting the stew recipe for us! Please. Thank you.... piggykins
    False

"Have a piggy perfect day!"

GONE ALL DAY STEW

Serves: 4
    Source: LaDonna
    Effort: easy
    Comments: Jim?s favorite

Ingredients:
    1 can tomato soup
    2 can water
    1 can red cooking wine
    1/4 cup flour or corn starch
    2 lb. beef chunks
    1 pkg. baby carrots
    1 onion, diced
    1-2 t. minced garlic (optional)
    4 med. potatoes, diced
    1/2 cup celery chunks
    1 pkg. fresh mushrooms, diced
    2 beef or chicken bullion cubes
    season to taste

Instructions:
    Mix together soup, water & flour until smooth; combine remaining ing. In covered dutch oven
    Bake 275 4 - 5- hours

False