Roasted turkey gravy in a jar, is | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Roasted turkey gravy in a jar, is

Last post Nov 23, 2010 5:28 PM by janicestar . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Roasted turkey gravy in a jar, is

there anything I can add that makes it tastes better. TIA!

False
  • Re: Roasted turkey gravy in a jar, is

I am not an expert as I have not used bottled gravy...I wonder if you can add some pan dripping to the gravy to flavor it up? I sometimes add some bullion granules to my gravy, and I love pork gravy w/ some horseradish added...there is also Gravy master that helps w/ color but not really flavor....do you like mushrooms? Maybe some mushrooms, & some minced onion will spice it up a bit..have a great Thanksgiving!

False

Just guessing but I'll bet it is already loaded with salt so make sure you taste before adding anything. Sage is a good one to start with as it is used in the dressing. Try a little garlid powder and or onion powder.

I saw Trader Joe's had a 17 ounce jar advertised for less than $1.50.

False

I can't help re:  good jarred gravy, to date I have not found any  brand I like.

I tried adding spices  to a few different brands but they  did not compare to homemade too sucessfully.

I have however purchased Gravy from Bob Evans, Boston Market or Kentucky Fried Chicken if you like any of their (or similar establishment's  gravies which to us tasted better than canned (tinny taste)  or jarred.). I have done this when I wanted to make a Shepherd's Pie and did not have my own gravy on hand. The gravy was not all that pricey when purchased like this.~A

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

I used to buy Boston Market gravy in a jar at the grocery, haven't seen it for awhile, but it was really good for gravy in a jar!  They had both turkey & chicken.  I don't know what to add to it to make it better, though.  My aunt makes gravy using the McCormick packets but instead of mixing it w/ water uses broth and it's pretty good, much better than made w/ just water. 

False

Thank you so much . I am going to try adding the broth. It has to be better with it. LOL

False