What to serve with pizza...?? | Taste of Home Community
Show Subscription Form

What to serve with pizza...??

Last post Nov 27, 2010 6:17 AM by Appy_Girl . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • What to serve with pizza...??

We're having our family get together 2 weeks before Christmas.  We've decided to order pizza.  I will be making the other dishes.  Any suggestions on what goes well with pizza would be appreciated.  There will be around 14 adults and 6 children.  Each family will bring some treats (cookies / candy).  Thanks for any help.

False
  • Re: What to serve with pizza...??

I was thinking a big tossed salad.But if you want to go forkless :) - how about a veggie tray and dip?

False

chips

potato salad

lettuce salad

bread stix

veggie tray

fruit tray

chex mix

jello salads

pasta salad

False

Check out my cooking facebook page! Cooking in Jill's Kitchen~

https://www.facebook.com/Cooking-in-Jills-Kitchen-642736845858669/?ref=bookmarks 

Been a big fan of TOH since I was a 'tween'!!! I was sooooo excited to be asked to become a Volunteer Field Editor in June 2013!!

I vote for

Loaded potato skins with sour cream

Mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce

Buffalo chicken wings with blue cheese dressing

A platter of rolled tortilla sandwiches

I think any or all of these would go great with pizza. They can load up their plate grab a napkin and will be ready to enjoy.  Pat

False

I would do some appetizers  but nothing too "doughy" since you will be having the pizza, maybe the buffalo chicken dip w/ crakers ,since wings compliment pizza so well...then a veggie tray  w/ ranch dip ( my kids & their friend like to dip their pizza in ranch dressing!),  or to dress up the veggies you could do veggie skewers instead.,,, I would also do  a brick of cream cheese w/ red pepper jelly for some spice and I might even do a crock pot of cranberry meatballs to round it out, then a nice  toss salad  with fruit in it, apples & pecan, or mandarin oranges ,  probably a jello salad because our crowd loves a good jello dish! then bring on the Pizza...!

False

I was going to suggest  a big tossed green salad but since it has already been suggested how about jalopeno poppers with homemade ranch dressing (I could eat those tilll the cows come home, really! LOL!!)

I have never seen a recipe or them but I know you can get them frozen at Costco.

False

"Practice random acts of kindness"

My kids love cheesy breadsticks with their pizza - they dip in marinara sauce, but for some lighter ideas ... I would think any kind of dip with veggies, we like a big tossed salad with lots of topping options - you could do a salad bar type thing with garbanzo beans, cheese, nuts, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, olives, pickles, etc.  I also like to have something like jello salads, especially kids love those.  And you could do an ice cream bar to go along with the treats that people bring - cookies and ice cream, what more could you want???????  Sounds like fun, have a great time!

False

signature 

My "Babies" are growing up!!!!

Green Salad

Pasta Salad

Bread Sticks with Marinara

Lasagna

Dessert Pizza

Platter with Fruit ,cheese and/or Cold cuts

Vegetable Tray

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

I too think that a nice Salad would be good ~ perhaps Spinach Salad with maybe some diced Chicken or even a Chicken Cesar Salad.

Or an Appy tray

Sausage Balls

Spinach Squares

Small  Meatballs with Sauce

Chicken wings/ Celery sticks/ Blu  Cheese dressing

Tortillina or Ravioli Salad

Veggie Tray

Mozzarella Sticks

Sausage Skewers

Chicken and Veggie Kabobs

Have Fun !~  Janie

False