What to serve with pizza...?? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What to serve with pizza...??

Last post Nov 27, 2010 6:17 AM by Appy_Girl . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • What to serve with pizza...??

We're having our family get together 2 weeks before Christmas.  We've decided to order pizza.  I will be making the other dishes.  Any suggestions on what goes well with pizza would be appreciated.  There will be around 14 adults and 6 children.  Each family will bring some treats (cookies / candy).  Thanks for any help.

False
  • Re: What to serve with pizza...??

I was thinking a big tossed salad.But if you want to go forkless :) - how about a veggie tray and dip?

False

chips

potato salad

lettuce salad

bread stix

veggie tray

fruit tray

chex mix

jello salads

pasta salad

False

my blog! www.jillshomecooking.blogspot.com

Been a big fan of TOH since I was a young teenager!!! I was sooooo excited to be asked to become a Volunteer Field Editor in June 2013!!

I vote for

Loaded potato skins with sour cream

Mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce

Buffalo chicken wings with blue cheese dressing

A platter of rolled tortilla sandwiches

I think any or all of these would go great with pizza. They can load up their plate grab a napkin and will be ready to enjoy.  Pat

False

I would do some appetizers  but nothing too "doughy" since you will be having the pizza, maybe the buffalo chicken dip w/ crakers ,since wings compliment pizza so well...then a veggie tray  w/ ranch dip ( my kids & their friend like to dip their pizza in ranch dressing!),  or to dress up the veggies you could do veggie skewers instead.,,, I would also do  a brick of cream cheese w/ red pepper jelly for some spice and I might even do a crock pot of cranberry meatballs to round it out, then a nice  toss salad  with fruit in it, apples & pecan, or mandarin oranges ,  probably a jello salad because our crowd loves a good jello dish! then bring on the Pizza...!

False

I was going to suggest  a big tossed green salad but since it has already been suggested how about jalopeno poppers with homemade ranch dressing (I could eat those tilll the cows come home, really! LOL!!)

I have never seen a recipe or them but I know you can get them frozen at Costco.

False

"Practice random acts of kindness"

My kids love cheesy breadsticks with their pizza - they dip in marinara sauce, but for some lighter ideas ... I would think any kind of dip with veggies, we like a big tossed salad with lots of topping options - you could do a salad bar type thing with garbanzo beans, cheese, nuts, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, olives, pickles, etc.  I also like to have something like jello salads, especially kids love those.  And you could do an ice cream bar to go along with the treats that people bring - cookies and ice cream, what more could you want???????  Sounds like fun, have a great time!

False

signature 

My "Babies" are growing up!!!!

Green Salad

Pasta Salad

Bread Sticks with Marinara

Lasagna

Dessert Pizza

Platter with Fruit ,cheese and/or Cold cuts

Vegetable Tray

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

I too think that a nice Salad would be good ~ perhaps Spinach Salad with maybe some diced Chicken or even a Chicken Cesar Salad.

Or an Appy tray

Sausage Balls

Spinach Squares

Small  Meatballs with Sauce

Chicken wings/ Celery sticks/ Blu  Cheese dressing

Tortillina or Ravioli Salad

Veggie Tray

Mozzarella Sticks

Sausage Skewers

Chicken and Veggie Kabobs

Have Fun !~  Janie

False