Fudge made from Canned Icing | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Fudge made from Canned Icing

Last post Nov 13, 2013 6:40 PM by nlf_PA . 28 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 12
  • Fudge made from Canned Icing

Hi: I though I had printed the instructions/recipes last year, but I cannot find them. I know it is failproof, but I just cannot remember exactly what to do. I searched, but didn't come up with anything. Can someone help me, please and thank you.

False
  • Re: Fudge made from Canned Icing
    Posted by: TeriTeaches2_OH
    Replies: 104 Posted on: 11/29/2006 3:53:12 PM
    #T766106

MIRACLE FUDGE
    My mom had some yummy fudge out for Thanksgiving. When she told me how she made it, I couldn't believe it! Are you ready for this?????

1 tub ready to spread frosting
    1 bag baking chips

Microwave just to melt chips. Stir thoroughly and pour into an 8x8 dish. Chill and cut into squares.

That's it. Of course, I came home and tried it myself. So far, I've made
    vanilla frosting with Andes Peppermint Crunch baking chips, chocolate fudge frosting with Andes Creme de Menthe baking chips,
    and White chocolate almond frosting with white chocolate chips and slivered almonds.

My mom made vanilla frosting with peanut butter chips,
    and a caramel frosting one but I forget what kind of chips she put in it.

This recipe is too easy not to try!

~Teri
    False

QUICK FROSTING FUDGE posted by Maddymoo and others

1 (12oz) pkg (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
    1 can Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge Creamy Supreme Frosting
    1 1/2 cup miniature marshmellows
    3/4 cup chopped mixed nuts

Line an 8" square pan with pil, extending foil over edges, and lightly butter the foil. Melt chips in large saucepan over very low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in frosting. Add marshmallows and nuts, mix until well coated. Spread in buttered pan, and chill until firm (about 1 hour). Remove from pan by pulling up foil, cut into squares.

There are many variations you can make, using different kinds of chips (vanillia, butterscotch, peanut butter, etc.) and different flavors of frosting.

False

Pina Colada Fudge posted by Maddymoo

1(12-ounce) package (2 cups) white vanilla chips
    1 (3.25-ounce) jar macadamia nuts, chopped, toasted
    1 (16-ounce) can Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Vanilla Frosting
    ½ cup chopped dried pineapple
    ½ cup coconut, toasted
    1 teaspoon rum extract
    1 teaspoon coconut extract

Line 8- or 9-inch square pan with foil, extending foil over edges. Place chips in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted, stirring every 15 seconds until smooth.

Reserve ¼ cup nuts for garnish. Add remaining nuts and all remaining ingredients to melted chip mixture; mix well. Spread in foil-lined pan. Sprinkle with reserved nuts. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.

Remove fudge from pan by lifting foil. Remove foil; cut into squares.

Makes 36 squares.

NOTE: To toast macadamia nuts and coconut, spread on separate small cookie sheets; bake at 350 degrees for 5 to 8 minutes, or until light golden brown, stirring occasionally.

False

Candy Bar Fudge

1 can Pillsbury Chocolate Frosting
    2 Snickers bars(3.7 oz.) ,chopped
    1 12 oz. pkg. semisweet chips

Line an 8 inch square pan with foil,extending over sides. Spray with non stick spray, and set aside.
    Melt chips in a microwave and stir in frosting. Pour half of this mixture in pan. Place all candy except a few pieces to garnish over this. Pour remaining chocolate over and garnish with remaining candy.Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
    False

Toffee Butterscotch Fudge posted by Maddymoo

1 12 oz. pkg. butterscotch chips
    1 can Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Caramel Pecan Frosting
    1/2 cup chopped peanuts
    1/2 cup almond brickle bits

Line an 8 inch square pan with foil,extending over sides. Melt butterscotch pan in a saucepan over very low heat,stirring until smooth. Add peanuts. Remove from heat; stir in frosting. Add brickle chips and stir well. Pour in pan and refrigerate 1 hour.

False

Peppermint Swirl Fudge posted by Maddymoo

1 1/2 cups white chips
    1 can Pillsbury vanilla frosting
    1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
    4 drops red food coloring
    2 tblsp. peppermint candy crushed

Line a 8 inch square pan with foil. Spray with nonstick spray. Melt chips over low heat. Add frosting and extract. Pour in pan. Drop food coloring over fudge swirling on batter. Sprinkle with candy. Refrigerate 1 hour.

False

Favorite Cookies and Cream Fudge posted by Maddymoo

1 12 oz. pkg. vanilla chips
    1 can Pillsbury cookies and cream frosting
    10 oreos,cut in quarters
    3 oreos,crushed

Line an 8 inch square pan with foil. Melt chips over low heat. Remove from heat. Add frosting.Stri in quartered oreos, and mix until well coated. Quickly spread into pan. Sprinkle with crushed cookies. Refrigerate 1 hour until firm.

False

Funfetti Fudge

1 12 oz. pkg. vanilla chips
    1 can Pillsbury Funfetti Frosting
    1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows

Line an 8 inch square pan with foil, spray with nonstick spray. Melt chips over low heat. Add frosting and marshmallows. Stir until blended. Pour in pan. Sprinkle with funfetti sprinkles. Refrigerate 1 hour. Cut.

False

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

1 can milk chocolate frosting
    1 cup peanut butter chips
    1/2 cup chopped peanuts

Line a 8 inch square pan with foil,spray with nonstick spray. Melt semisweet chips over low heat. Add frosting. Add peanut butter chips and peanuts. Pour in pan and refrigerate 1 hour.

False

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge by GrannyBarbieJ_Texas

1 can milk chocolate frosting
    1 cup peanut butter chips
    1/2 cup chopped peanuts

Line a 8 inch square pan with foil,spray with nonstick spray. Melt semisweet chips over low heat. Add frosting. Add peanut butter chips and peanuts. Pour in pan and refrigerate 1 hour.

False

bump for PeterpatchNana

False

Thanks, all. I am copying all these so I will have them next time. So easy and soooo good! Have a Merry Christmas all!

False

I mix a tub of frosting with an 18 oz. jar of peanut butter...soften both, mix well, put into a plastic lined pan...chill...yum!

Margaret

False

OMG, that sounds wonderful. I must try it. My favourite combination. Thanks!

False