how do you get mud out of clothing? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

how do you get mud out of clothing?

Last post Jul 21, 2004 7:13 AM by dgood26 . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • how do you get mud out of clothing?
    I was out in the garden the other night just checking it and got mud on my good shorts and can't get it out... i have always had problems with the kids' stuff too. what do you great BBers use for those tough stains?
    False
  • RE: how do you get mud out of clothing?
    Use a little liquid tide on the spots should come right out.
    False
    Try using some powdered DISHwasher detergent in your wash load.
    False
    if it can take hot water, use hot, liquid tide, color safe bleach and some baking soda. With this formula, all our clothes come clean. My son had a white camp t-shirt (WHY anyone would buy white camp t-shirts for 10-year olds is BEYOND me!!) that he wore the first full day he was at camp, got it so filthy that it was unreal, and then it sat scrunched up in his laundry bag all week before I got to it to wash it.

With this formula, the stains are out, although not completely, it is wearable.

False
    It's best if you don't allow it to dry in. I used to soak DS football uniform in cold water with borax until ready to wash. Then I would use liquid soap like Tide or Era, Don't use generic here it just doesn't work as well, and work it in well before washing.
    False
    I dont know if you can find it anymore, washing soda(in laundry aisle)and ammonia, make a paste and let set for like 10min, throw in washer with a cup of each.
    False
    I heard on TV today that you could use denture cleaning tablets to get impossible stains out of white clothes. They said that the tablets were bleach and worked great. You put the tablets in a container, add water, and then the garment. Haven't tried it myself...Fratz
    False
    Folks get yourselfs a bottle of "Zout". For stains it is great. It has taken even some old set stains out of some things for me.
    Also for anything that is muddy I use Gain and Biz in cold water. Takes it out everytime. That is how I also washed all the bed linen and bed clothes that a bedridden family used and there we are talking about stains big time. It took them all out. I very seldom use any temp past warm in order not to set stains.
    Use to think the hotter the better on sheets and towels but I was wrong to use that with the new detergents.
    Nancy
    False

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

Where would I find "Zout"? I have never heard of it before.

Thanks for the good ideas... mud is my worst enemy!!
    False