what do capers taste like? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

what do capers taste like?

Last post Jan 05, 2011 12:18 AM by DAR lady . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • what do capers taste like?

I've heard they are salty and taste like little olives, is this correct?Huh?

False

THE AMERICAN'S CREED I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people, whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a Republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect Union one and inseparable, established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots scrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to suport its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect it's flag, and to defend it against all enemies. Proud member of The Daughters of The American Revolution

• Re: what do capers taste like?

Yep, salty, but I'd say more like baby dill pickles....I love capers !  They're actually a pickled berry of a plant....nasturtium, maybe ??  Can't remember exactly which plant.

False

Marilyn

Cool! thanks for the reply. I was going to try them in a recipe, and now I can't remember what recipe it was LOL Stick out tongue

False

THE AMERICAN'S CREED I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people, whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a Republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect Union one and inseparable, established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots scrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to suport its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect it's flag, and to defend it against all enemies. Proud member of The Daughters of The American Revolution

Maybe the capers are for the shrimp pasta recipe on the home page?

Nancy

False

No, I went back through my  posts and realized it was for the Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes dish that Arlene posted on someone's thread asking for their favorite dish. It just caught my eye and because I love sun-dried tomatoes I wanted to try it. She said it was a great pot-luck dish and was always asked for the reicpe. So now i'll go get the capers to try it lol and I printed it out so I wouldn't forget again LOL

False