Looking for filling recipes for enchilada's | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Looking for filling recipes for enchilada's

Last post Mar 26, 2011 2:45 PM by Albany_NY . 3 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  • Looking for filling recipes for enchilada's

I have never made these before as I am not crazy about tortilla wraps, but I am having 6 people over for an afternoon and evening to play the game Stock Ticker and this sounds like something that would be easy to prepare when we stop for a food break. Can you help me with some recipes for these and would you serve anything on the side to go along with them

Sheri

False
  • Re: Looking for filling recipes for enchilada's

One of my favorites is cooked diced chicken, cooked brown rice, salsa and cheddar cheese mixed together. Place filling in flour tortillas and wrap, then top with more salsa and bake until warmed through (about 25-30minutes at 350). About five minutes before they're done, sprinkle with more cheddar cheese and return to oven and bake until cheese is melted.

I have also done a "white filling" with cooked diced chicken, pinto beans  and white sauce and monterey jack cheese (can also use a can of cream of mushroom soup mixed with a little milk).

Sorry I don't have exact measurements for this, but I cook that way, and a lot of this is according to taste.

Hope this helps.

False

Becky

Taste of Home Field Editor

"It's not cooking if you're not making a mess."

Thanks Becky66

The first one sounds very good and very easy to make. I have printed your post off. Thank you

False

Here's a link to a lot- with reviews, etc.

Hope it helps!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-Enchiladas-I/MoreRecipesLikeThis.aspx

Margaret

False