Looking for the TOH Minnesota Munchers recipe | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Looking for the TOH Minnesota Munchers recipe

Last post Nov 05, 2012 6:42 AM by _FOOTSIE . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • Looking for the TOH Minnesota Munchers recipe

I have the clone version that has been floating around the board for some time, but am looking for the one that actually won their cookie contest back in the late 90s. Thanks.

False
  • Re: Looking for the TOH Minnesota Munchers recipe

http://community.tasteofhome.com/forums/t/14203.aspx

Earlybird posted this recipe when someone asked for this recipe:

Minnesota Munchers

1 cup butter, softened
    1 1/2 cups brown sugar
    2 eggs
    2 teaspoons vanilla
    2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 cup milk chocolate chips
    1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
    2/3 cup toffee bits
    1 cup pecans, chopped

Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease two cookie sheets. In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into creamed mixture. Fold in milk chocolate chips, semi-sweet chips, toffee bits and pecans. Drop by tablespoons ono cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes in preheated oven. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then move to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 48 cookies.

False

The actual recipe was never published, but the clone version is suppose to taste just like the bought cookies. This is a VERY GOOD cookie. Love it!
    False

I sure hope you find it.  I am an avid baker but have to admit the mix version of the prize winning recipe was one of my kids' favorites.  They were disappointed when it was no longer available and I can't seem to get an answer from TOH about getting the recipe.  I will try the one posted below but I hope the original turns up!

False

bump

False