Why do my muffins stick in the paper liners? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Why do my muffins stick in the paper liners?

Last post Apr 01, 2012 9:23 PM by freddie_Minnesota . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • Why do my muffins stick in the paper liners?

I just don't have luck with the liners.  But of course, I have to try again tomorrow, I want to make some corn muffins, and I do like the liners.  Have you ever sprayed the liners with non stick cooking spray?

Thanks!

False

Please be kind to animals.       Trust everyone, but always cut the cards.

• Re: Why do my muffins stick in the paper liners?

Found this hint:

Coat the paper liners with nonstick cooking spray to make them easier to peel off of the muffin or cupcake. Fill each lined cup with the same amount of batter.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2271792_use-cupcake-liners.html

False

From the Minneapolis Star Tribune:

Q:  When I make homemade muffins, they stick to the paper liners. Is this because I am using less oil in the batter? What can be done to prevent muffins from sticking to the paper?

A:  If it is any consolation, the same thing apparently happens to professionals. Linda Neils, consumer line representative for the University of Minnesota Extension Service-Hennepin County, checked with a spokesperson with the Pillsbury Bakery Plant and Quality Assurance and found that Pillsbury's muffins also stick to the papers.

The purpose of the papers is to keep the muffins from sticking to the pan. The Pillsbury spokesperson suggested that you try spraying the inside of the muffin papers with a spray fat, which might ease the sticking.

False

Thank you saladsRcool.  I am going to spray them.  I do love muffins!

False

Please be kind to animals.       Trust everyone, but always cut the cards.

I do spray the inside of my cupcake papers for cake and muffins. It works great!

Marlene

False
    Marlene Johnson

I had never had this problem until recently, have they changed the paper liners?  The whole idea behind the liners is to avoid using a oil or spray!! Very frustrating!!

False

I always spray my muffin liners before using them.  Works great!

Mary

False

DD was just here visiting today. She made cupcakes while she was here for a co-worker's birthday, and sprayed lightly with PAM. I asked her why, and she said to prevent sticking. I don't make cupcakes, but I do make muffins frequently. I use the aluminum liners, they never stick in those, and I have never sprayed them.

False