Black Angus Restaurant Fried Zucchini and Cucumber Dip | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Black Angus Restaurant Fried Zucchini and Cucumber Dip

Last post Mar 07, 2013 11:06 AM by Nikki336 . 1 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
  • Black Angus Restaurant Fried Zucchini and Cucumber Dip

Black Angus Restaurant Fried Zucchini and Cucumber Dip

Fried Zucchini:

7 eggs
    2 cups buttermilk
    3 cups all-purpose flour
    1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
    Dash Tabasco sauce
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon white pepper
    1 teaspoon garlic powder

Zucchini sliced 1/8" thick on slight diagonal, leave peeling on.

Dry all-purpose flour for dredging batter coated zucchini
    Japanese panko bread crumbs for final coating

Mix together first nine ingredients until it is the consistency of a pancake batter. May need to add more flour or buttermilk to achieve correct consistency.

Dredge sliced zucchini in dry flour. Then dip in batter and finally coat with Japanese panko bread crumbs.

Can be made ahead and placed in a single layer on cookie sheet and placed in freezer.

Deep-fry in 360-F cooking oil till golden brown.

When both sides are golden brown, remove slices from oil and set on paper towels to drain.

Serve hot with the cucumber dip.

Cucumber Dip:

1 cup shredded cucumber
    1/4 cup minced onion
    2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
    1 1/4 cup mayonnaise
    1/2 cup sour cream
    1 tablespoon salt
    1 teaspoon ground white pepper
    1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
    1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
    1 tablespoon sugar
    Dash hot sauce, such as Tabasco

Procedure:

1. Mix all ingredients in mixer for 10 minutes on low speed to thoroughly combine ingredients.

Source: Dip - Black Angus Restaurant Executive Chef, Dave Ohlsen; reprinted in the Orange County Register newspaper; Aug. 16, 2007

Fried Zucchini, Black Angus 10 year employee.

False

Old cooking measurements: drop, pinch, dash, dessert-spoonful, salt-spoonful, size of a walnut, size of an egg, teacupful, coffee-cupful, wine-glassful, tumblerful, Handful.

• Re: Black Angus Restaurant Fried Zucchini and Cucumber Dip

This recipe is the bomb.   It is true to taste just as served at Black Angus.  I had my doubts but was absolutely delighted with the results.  I cut the recipe in half using only 3 eggs in the batter with superior results.  If you enjoy these tasty appetizers (I can't imagine who doesn't) you will be pleasantly surprised with this recipe.  My cucumber sauce was not as creamy, (had tiny lumps, may have needed longer mixing I didn't mix 10 min as suggested) but the taste was still there.  Also I wanted to make sure the cucumber taste was prominent so I  used more than just half called for when I divided the recipe in half.  You can decide for your own taste preference.  I will use this recipe over and over again without reservations.  "A MUST TRY FOR SURE IF YOU ENJOYED THESE APPETIZERS BEFORE WHEN DINING  AT BLACK ANGUS"      

False