Outback Steakhouse Honey Wheat Bushman Bread for Bread Machine | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Outback Steakhouse Honey Wheat Bushman Bread for Bread Machine

Last post Sep 04, 2011 5:25 PM by Alphy3 . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Outback Steakhouse Honey Wheat Bushman Bread for Bread Machine

Outback Steakhouse Honey Wheat Bushman Bread for Bread Machine

Serve with whipped honey-butter.

1 1/4 cups warm black coffee (90-F - 100-F)
    1/4 cup honey
    2 Tbsp brown sugar or dark brown sugar
    2 Tbsp butter, softened or melted
    1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 tsp table salt
    2 cups Bread Flour
    1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups Whole Wheat Flour
    2 1/4 tsp Bread Machine or Instant Yeast

Reguar White Bread Cycle; 2 lb loaf; Medium crust.

Add ingredients to bread machine in order listed.

Set Bread machine to Reguar White Bread Cycle; 2 lb loaf; Medium crust.

Press start.

Check the dough after about 5-minutes of kneading and add water or flour as needed, a tablespoon at a time, to form a smooth, non-sticky ball of dough. It should hold its own shape but not be so dry that it is crumbly.

When done, remove from pan and allow to cool before slicing.

Makes one 2-pound loaf of Outback Steakhouse Honey Wheat Bushman Bread

Honey Butter

1/2 cup butter, softened
    1/3 cup honey

Beat butter and honey together until creamy.
    Serve at room temperature.

False

Old cooking measurements: drop, pinch, dash, dessert-spoonful, salt-spoonful, size of a walnut, size of an egg, teacupful, coffee-cupful, wine-glassful, tumblerful, Handful.

• Re: Outback Steakhouse Honey Wheat Bushman Bread for Bread Machine

Antilope,thanks for the recipe. I like the Outback Steakhouse bread. It is delicious. Since it is so hot,it would be great to make it in the Bread Machine. I will try it soon. Renate

False

I looked around at many copycat recipes for this bread. Most used a bread machine dough cycle, but didn't completely make the bread in a bread machine. I modified the recipe to bake in a breadmaker and also modified and added a few ingredients to my liking. I was surprised how high this bread rose. It almost touched the bottom of the bread machine window. This recipe tastes really good and like the Outback original, especially fresh out of the machine with honey butter. Who can wait for it to cool? I usually can't. Big Smile

False

Old cooking measurements: drop, pinch, dash, dessert-spoonful, salt-spoonful, size of a walnut, size of an egg, teacupful, coffee-cupful, wine-glassful, tumblerful, Handful.

Thanks so much for the recipe, Antilope!  I love their bread.  When I make it, I think I'll use the dough cycle and make the smaller loaves like their's.  That way, I can freeze some and have ready when I company comes.  The weather is supposed to be cooler for the next week, so I just may get to use my oven for the first time in months.  Thanks again!

Carolyn

False

That Bread is sooo good. Thank You!

~A

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

Outback bread Dough

1 1/4 cups warm water

2 teaspoons granulated sugar

2 1/4 teaspoons (1 pkg.) yeast

2 cups bread flour

1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour

1 tablespoon cocoa

1 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons butter, softened

1/4 cup honey

2 tablespoons molasses

Coloring  I didn’t do this

1 1/4 teaspoons red food coloring

1 teaspoon yellow food coloring

1 teaspoon blue food coloring

cornmeal for dusting

separate it into 6 even portions

3. When the dough has doubled, separate it into 6 even portions. Roll each dough portion into logs that are 6 inches long and 2 inches wide. Pour cornmeal onto your rolling surface. Moisten your hands then rub water onto each dough log and roll it in the cornmeal. Arrange the rolled dough on a baking sheet and cover it with plastic wrap. Set the dough in  warm spot to rise for another hour or so until the loaves have doubled in size.
    4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Uncover the dough and bake it for 35 to 40 minutes in the hot oven. When the bread is done, take it out of the oven and let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve the bread with a sharp bread knife and butter on the side. If you want whipped butter, like you get at the restaurant, just use an electric mixer on high speed to whip some butter until it's fluffy.  (http://www.topsecretrecipes.com)

This is the recipe I have used for several years, very similar and I think it is our favorite.  I always just do it on the dough setting and make 5 small loaves similar to the outback servings.  It freezes beautifully, and also makes a nice little gift for someone

False