1 lb powdered sugar equals how many cups please? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

1 lb powdered sugar equals how many cups please?

Last post Oct 30, 2011 1:03 PM by DAR lady . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • Re: 1 lb powdered sugar equals how many cups please?

1 lb = 4 cups sifted . That is the equivlent given  but I'm not sure how many cups are in a box, it might be different. I, also, don't buy powdered sugar in a box so I'm not sure, but I would think that measurment would work for your fudge.

False

THE AMERICAN'S CREED I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people, whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a Republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect Union one and inseparable, established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots scrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to suport its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect it's flag, and to defend it against all enemies. Proud member of The Daughters of The American Revolution

You will find websites vary on this one:

I like to use  a lower amount than some websites state  since making Icing  etc   one can always add more powdered sugar  if needed but by adding too much  initially you can get a dry product.

I find I often end up using 3  cups give or take 1/4 cup or so.~A

http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/FN_255.pdf

Sugar, brown 1 pound 2 1/4 c. firmly packed

Sugar, granulated 1 pound 2 1/4 c.

Sugar, powdered 1 pound 2 3/4 c.

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

Aliea, that sounds more like what is in a box to me. I hope the poster sees this. I'll try and keep it bumped for her.

False

THE AMERICAN'S CREED I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people, whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a Republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect Union one and inseparable, established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots scrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to suport its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect it's flag, and to defend it against all enemies. Proud member of The Daughters of The American Revolution