Hawaiian Chicken Meatballs at Sam's Club | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Hawaiian Chicken Meatballs at Sam's Club

Last post Dec 19, 2011 9:33 PM by anitawawa . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • Hawaiian Chicken Meatballs at Sam's Club

Has anyone tried these?  They were giving samples today (1 whole meatball) and they were sure good!  They were made with chicken and had some kind of Hawaiian sauce on them.  But the meatball itself was really tasty.  I really wanted to buy them but they were sure expensive.  It was a 2lb carton in the refrigerator section and cost something like $9.98...that's $5 a pound!  I sure wish I  knew how to make those.  I didn't even look at the ingredients cause my contacts were really bothering me today and I couldn't see that small print!  Tongue Tied 

carole

False

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
    -Will Rogers

• Re: Hawaiian Chicken Meatballs at Sam's Club

We just sampled those today at our Sam's Club and decided to buy a pack. The kids loved them so much they ate almost the whole packet for dinner.  I dug the packaging out of the trash can (lol) and here are the ingredients:

chicken, dried pineapple, pineapple fructose, dried sugar cane syrup, soy sauce, soy sauce powder, vinegar, garlic, miso powder, ginger and spices, browned in vegetable oil

I think I'm going to try making them with chicken, pineapple bites, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger, and hopefully should get a pretty similar taste.  Hope this help you to come up with your own recipe too!

False

anitawawa--Thanks so much for posting the ingredients!  They sure are good, aren't they?  I copied the ingredients that you posted.  A few weeks ago I found this recipe on food.com.  and these are made with beef.

carole

Hawaiian Meatballs—food.com

"Meatballs flavored with pineapple and fresh ginger in an orange Teriyaki sauce. I prefer to substitute ground pork for the chicken. For the meat loaf version check out the recipe for Glazed Hawaiian Meat Loaf. Recipe from "Sam Choy's Island Flavors"."

Meatballs

1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef

1/2 lb ground chicken

1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs, toasted

1 (8 1/4 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, well drained

1/2 cup chopped onions

1/2 cup chopped celery

2 eggs

1/4 cup milk

1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce

1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger

salt & fresh ground pepper

Sauce

1 tablespoon cornstarch

2 tablespoons water

1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce

1/2 oranges, juice of

1/4 cup mirin ( Japanese sweet rice wine)

1/4 cup water

2 tablespoons brown sugar

3/4 teaspoon minced fresh garlic

3/4 teaspoon minced fresh ginger

Garnish

2 tablespoons thin sliced scallions

Directions

Meatballs: Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine meat ball ingredients and shape into meat balls. Bake 30 minutes or more depending on size. Simmer in the sauce for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with scallions.

Sauce: Combine cornstarch and water. Add remaining ingredients to a small saucepan and bring to a boil.  Add the cornstarch mixture and stir till thickened.

False

-Will Rogers

These sound good  - something to play with after the CHristmas holidays, perhaps?

False

tasty--Those meatballs were so good and so moist.  I'm not really crazy about meatballs unless they're in some sort of sweet/sour sauce or bbq sauce or something like that.  The sauce that these were in was very good. I sure did want to buy these, I just couldn't believe they were so expensive!  I'm glad that anitawawa posted the ingredients.  I'm going to try to duplicate the taste on of these days!!

carole

False

-Will Rogers

-Will Rogers

So when he died they buried him next to a fire plug. Big Smile

False

Old cooking measurements: drop, pinch, dash, dessert-spoonful, salt-spoonful, size of a walnut, size of an egg, teacupful, coffee-cupful, wine-glassful, tumblerful, Handful.

Cute, but I don't want to go where their bodies went, or where they 'went' on, but where their spirits go!  Big Smile

carole

False

-Will Rogers

We have dogs and love them very much. Our Lab and Dalmatian died last year after being with us about 14 or 15  years. Now we have downsized and have two Chihuahua's. A long hair female and a Taco Bell male. With them, you don't need TV. Big Smile

False

Old cooking measurements: drop, pinch, dash, dessert-spoonful, salt-spoonful, size of a walnut, size of an egg, teacupful, coffee-cupful, wine-glassful, tumblerful, Handful.

I'm sorry to hear that you lost two dogs last year...I know how hard that is.  The dog we have now is an Australian Cattle Dog, almost 12, and not doing very well.  But you're right...they sure can be entertaining!

carole

False

-Will Rogers

Thank you Carole for sharing your recipe.Yes

False

Wattle Paradise

You're welcome, Carole. My kids loved those meatballs so much that I'm going to start making them regularly. Thank you for sharing the recipe from food.com, sounds very similar to the Sam's Club meatballs.  It does call for a tonne of ingredients, but at least they are mostly things I have in the fridge. Will give it a try but possibly will omit a few ingredients.  Thank you!

anita

False