Kathy/Onesassy T&T Recipe Box | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Kathy/Onesassy T&T Recipe Box

Last post Sep 15, 2014 6:51 AM by onesassy . 392 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 14 of 27 (393 items) < First1213141516Last >
  • Re: Kathy/Onesassy T&T Recipe Box

What a great collection.  I am glad I ran into this one today.  Thanks for taking the time to post and make your comments.  Very helpful. 

False

Tuna Crescent Rolls

Posted by Lana (bblue)

Well, It's Lenten Season and I don't eat meat on Friday! I eat alot of different seafood during lent and would love to eat more seafood all year long! I love seafood! When Lana posted this recipe, the 1st thing I thought of, it sounded kind of like a tuna melt but baked and I knew I was going to make it! Boy, it was delicious! Nice and creamy and the crescent rolls really worked well!

I decided when I made it, I was going to use my recipe for tuna salad even though the one Lana posted sounded wonderful! I will post her's below! Thanks Lana for a keeper!

2 (5 ounce cans each) tuna in water, drained
    2 eggs, hard boiled then diced
    1 small celery stalk, small diced
    3 slices onion, diced
    1/2 cup sweet pickles, diced (more if you like, I do)
    dash of sweet pickle juice
    2 heaping Tbls. Miracle Whip or mayo (or more if still to dry)
    Salt to taste
    8 ounce tube refrigerated crescent rolls, separated (I used Big & Buttery)
    4 slices of American cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Boil eggs until hard boiled. Peel then dice.

In a large bowl, mix tuna, eggs, celery, onion, pickles, pickle juice, Miracle Whip and salt.

Arrange crescents on an ungreased baking sheet, set aside.

Cut each slice of cheese into 2 pieces. (I cut smaller)

Place 1 piece of cheese on each crescent, lengthwise. Spread 1 tablespoon of the tuna mixture over cheese, then roll up the crescent starting at the wide end and roll toward the small end.

Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.

Serve.

Lana's post for the tuna salad

6 ounces can tuna in water, drained well
    2 to 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
    2 tablespoons finely diced celery
    2 tablespoons finely diced red pepper
    1 tablespoon diced scallions
    Pinch of salt and pepper

False

Creamy Broccoli Apple Slaw

Source: http://www.marketday.com/mealplanning/recipesView.aspx?RecipeID=1015&sk=2&cat=RelatedRecipes&itemid=

I got this recipe from Market Day! I buy Market Day products thru the school year to support our schools and they have some great products and recipes! This dish is so good and refreshing! Nice and creamy and I love the different dried fruits in this! You could use any dried fruit you like but I like the combination of blueberries, cherries, cranberries and golden raisins. Yummy!

3 cups thawed, finely chopped Broccoli Florets  
    3 individual packets Dried Fruit Medley (I used dried blueberries, cherries, cranberries and golden raisins)  
    2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts 
    1 medium apple, chunky sliced
    1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt 
    1/4 cup mayonnaise 
    1 Tbsp. cider vinegar 
    1 small shallot, chopped
    to taste salt & pepper 

In large bowl, mix together yogurt, mayonnaise, cider vinegar and shallot. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Add broccoli, apple, Dried Fruit Medly and chopped walnuts.

Toss to combine.

Chill

Makes 4 Servings

False

Baked Cream Cheese Spaghetti Pasta

Posted by SusieCreamCheese
    Source: http://pinterest.com/plainchicken/

Pinterest, the newest craze and I can see why! Thanks to my dear friend Susie for finding this wonderful recipe! It is definitely different than other spaghetti pies that use sour cream! The cream cheese is awesome! My house smelled wonderful while baking and hours later! We stepped out for a few hours after dinner and when we got home, the house still smelled like it was in the oven baking!

I read a few reviews of this recipe and a few people mentioned that the cream cheese didn't mix well so here is what I did and it worked like a charm! Microwave the cream cheese for 3 minutes and put it in the bottom of your mixing bowl and then add the hot, drained spaghetti! Perfect!

12 ounces spaghetti
    1 (28 ounce) jars prepared spaghetti sauce
    1 pound lean ground beef
    1 tsp Italian seasoning (I used oregano)
    1 clove garlic, minced
    8 ounces cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded (I used 5 ounces)
    Sprinkle of green jar parmesan cheese (my addition)

Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.

In a skillet, brown the ground beef until cooked through; drain and stir in spaghetti sauce. Set aside.

Cook spaghetti according to directions on packet. Drain and place cooked spaghetti in bowl. Add cream cheese, Italian Seasoning and minced garlic. Stir until cream cheese is melted and the spaghetti is thoroughly coated.

Lightly grease a 9x13" pan. Spread a small amount of meat sauce in the bottom of the dish. Put spaghetti on top of sauce. This is where I sprinkled the green jar parmesan, right on top of the spaghetti. Top with remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle shredded parmesan cheese on top.

Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly.

False

Chicken Feta Spinach Salad

Source: http://www.marketday.com/mealplanning/recipesView.aspx?RecipeID=1033&sk=2&cat=Salads&itemid=

This is another Market Day recipe that I found on their website! My family doesn't like spinach but my mom and I love spinach so I made this for the 2 of us! Perfect size for 2-3 people! Yummy! Great taste and looks pretty too! My mom doesn't like olives and I left them out but will add them to my salad next time since I love any kind of olive!

1/2 cup cooked & diced chicken tenderloins (I used Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken) 
    1/4 cup diced cucumber 
    2 Tbsp. halved Kalamata olives 
    1 Tbsp. olive oil 
    1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar 
    4 cups baby spinach (I cut the stems off) 
    2 Tbsp. feta cheese 
    1 slice red onion, diced (my addition)
    3 tablespoons honey roasted slivered almonds (my addition)

Season and cook chicken then cool.

Combine all salad ingredients together in a medium bowl. Toss and serve.

False

Gaudrey's Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

Recipe posted by Jill (Mom_Jill)

Jill posted this recipe which is one of Grace's awesome recipes! Grace was one great lady, great cook and she had a treasure chest of great recipes! She is greatly missed by many!

Jill has made this recipe several times and was right on with her description, "creamy and delicious" We loved it! This was my 1st time making chicken noodle soup and it won't be my last! Yummy!

1 chicken or about 2 pounds of chicken parts (I used 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, diced)
    1 quart canned chicken broth (I used 1-1/2 quarts)
    2 large carrots, sliced
    1 large onion chopped
    2 ribs celery, sliced
    2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley or 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
    1 tsp Lawry's seasoned salt
    1/4 tsp black pepper or to taste
    1 cup uncooked thin or medium noodles (I used 2 cups)
    1 can cream of chicken soup

Place chicken and broth in a saucepan. Bring to boil and cover, turn to simmer until tender. Dip out chicken, remove skin and bones. Cut chicken meat into bite sized pieces and return to the pot. Add carrots, celery, parsley, salt and pepper. Cover and bring back to a boil then turn to simmer until veggies are tender, about 30 minutes.

Remove lid and add noodles. Cook uncovered on heat just high enough to keep liquid boiling gently. Time according to directions. Do not over cook as noodles should be al dente. When done stir in soup and heat through.

Makes about 4 servings

False

Pizza Hot Dish

Posted by Joyce (Sassygrits____OH)
    Source: http://ladywiththeredrocker.com/2012/03/02/pizza-hot-dish/

I love recipes with crescent rolls and when Joyce (Sassygrits____OH) found this one, I knew I was going to make it! I feed a family of 5 so I doubled up on the ground beef and sausage and it was perfect! I also added a few things!

The blogger commented on baking her's a little longer on the bottom rack of her oven to make sure the bottom layer of crescent rolls didn't get soggy! I decided to try mine a different way! Here is my tip: After spraying my casserole dish, I unrolled the 1st can of crescent rolls and baked it alone until it was lightly brown! Then I continued with original recipe!

1/2 lb hamburger (I used 1 pound)
    1/2 lb sausage (I used 1 pound)
    1/2 cup green peppers (you can also add mushrooms, or whatever else you like to put on your pizza.)
    1 jar pizza sauce (I used 28 ounces)
    Pepperoni
    2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
    2 cans crescent rolls
    Parmesan cheese, green container, for sprinkling top (my addition)
    Oregano for sprinkling top (my addition)
    Garlic salt for sprinkling top (my addition)

Pre-heat oven to 375°.

In skillet brown hamburger and sausage together. Drain. Add green peppers and continue cooking until green peppers are soft. Add pizza sauce and remove from heat.

Spray the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan with Pam. Press 1 can of crescent rolls into bottom of pan. This is where I baked the 1st can alone. Spread meat mixture on top of the crescent rolls and add a layer of pepperoni. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with second can of crescent rolls, stretching the dough to cover most of the pan.

Sprinkle parmesan cheese, oregano and garlic salt if desired.

Bake on top rack, uncovered for 15-20 minutes.

False

OMG!!!!! I have spent the last hour looking at your pictures, recipes and comments. I cant wait to try some of these. Thank you so much or sharing the recipes!

False

Shrimp In Love Pasta

Recipe by Mellissa (Imkatiesmom)

Yummy! When Mellissa (Imkatiesmom) shared her recipe for this I knew I was going to make it and what took me so long?  :) So creamy and delicious and I love shrimp so this dish was perfect! I doubled all the ingredients except the spinach to feed my family of 5! Wouldn't you know that my spinach haters, ate every bite without picking out the spinach! I love spinach and I told them it was spinach and to just pick it out but I didn't find any spinach left on their plates! That's a start, I guess! Mellissa, I love the name of this recipe!

1/4 lb. linguine, uncooked (I used fettuccine)
    1 cup cleaned fresh medium shrimp
    1 cup diced tomatoes, undrained
    1/2 cup cream cheese spread
    1-1/2 cup torn cleaned spinach
    splash of lemon juice (my addition)
    garlic salt and cracked black pepper to taste (my addition)
    sprinkle of parmesan cheese (my addition)

Cook linguine as directed on the package; drain. Place in a large bowl.

Heat large skillet on medium-high heat. Season shrimp with garlic salt, cracked black pepper and lemon juice if desired. Add shrimp, tomatoes, and cream cheese spread. Cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through and mixture is well blended. Add spinach to pasta and toss lightly. Add shrimp mixture, tossing to coat. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired.

False

Butter Cream Chicken

Source: http://jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com/2012/02/butter-cream-chicken.html

This dish is soooo good! It is restaurant quality food made right at home! My family and I really enjoyed it! The crispy crunch from the Ritz Crackers and the creaminess of the delicious gravy was a perfect combo! So easy to make and it isn't time consuming at all! I served this with mashed potatoes smothered in the gravy! Great meal!

4 chicken breasts, butterfly cut, thin
    1-1/2 sleeves Ritz Cracker, ground into crumbs
    Olive Oil
    1 cup chicken broth
    4 Tablespoons butter
    1 C + 2 Tablespoons half and half, divided
    1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
    2 Tablespoons cornstarch
    salt and pepper

Cut your chicken up into chunks with some kitchen scissors. (I just butterfly cut each breast in half)

Grind the Ritz Crackers into crumbs in a small food processor. (I just crushed them in a big ziplok bag) Place them in a shallow pan.

Press each chicken piece into the crumbs, being sure to coat both sides generously. Place each coated chicken piece on a plate.

Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Once it is good and hot, pour about 5 tablespoons Olive Oil into your pan. Let your oil heat up just for 30 seconds or so, and then put the chicken carefully in the pan. Don't crowd it now. You'll need to cook the chicken in two batches.

Let the chicken cook until it's nice and golden brown on the bottom, should take about 5 minutes. Turn each piece with a fork and allow it to cook on the other side. The chicken is done when it's no longer pink inside.

Remove the chicken to a separate plate and cook your second batch of chicken, adding another few tablespoons of oil to the pan before you add the chicken.

Once you have cooked all of the chicken you'll have some beautiful crispy treasures left in the pan. Add 4 tablespoons of butter and 1 cup chicken broth to the pan allowing the butter to melt. Whisk the mixture around a bit, scraping the bottom of the pan to break the crispy pieces loose.

Add 1 cup half and half and 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme. Whisk it around to incorporate and allow it to come to a boil.

Into a small bowl pour 2 tablespoons half and half and 2 tablespoons cornstarch. Stir it around until smooth. Pour the cornstarch mixture into your pan and stir it with a whisk. Allow it to return to a boil...as it heats it will thicken into a nice smooth sauce of wonder and bliss.

Remove it from the heat, give it a taste and add a bit of salt and pepper to you liking.

Serve it over the crispy chicken and enjoy!

False

Taco Casserole Bake

Source: Salsarose (TOH) http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/t/857016.aspx

Chili Oil! Where have you been all my life? OMGoodness, chili oil is soooo good! I can see that I am going to buy bottles and bottles of this stuff! As soon as it hit the skillet with the onions, my kitchen and entire house smelled so good and the taste of chili oil is out of this world! It gave the onions a spicy taste but when the dish was served, the spice mingled with everything else and it wasn't overly hot or spicy! I loved the chili oil so much with the onions that I added a tablespoon of it into the entire mixture when it was simmering!

Note:

I found chili oil in the Asian foods aisle! If you are considering replacing this with regular oil please note the chili oil adds a lot of spice and flavor to this dish, so replacing it will affect the flavor profile!

Salsarose posted this recipe as a Weight Watchers meal and you can find the recipe for it to be made WW friendly by clicking on the link above!

So, I really wanted to try extra salsa and sour cream as a topping when plated but I loved it so much I just put these on the end of the piece and both ways were delicious, with or without! The scoops around the edged stayed crunchy and the scoops inside became soft for a crust! Perfect! My new favorite meal! Thank You Salsarose!

24 Baked Tostitos Scoops
    1 Tablespoon Chili Oil (I used 2 and then 1 more in the beef mixture)
    1 Onion, chopped
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1-1/4 pounds extra lean ground beef
    2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
    1 (15 oz can) black beans, drained
    1 cup salsa (I used chunky medium)
    1 cup shredded Mexican cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large skillet, warm the chili oil and sauté onions and garlic until softened. Add ground beef and taco seasoning, break up into pieces and cook until meat is browned. Mix in salsa and beans and cook for a few more minutes until salsa thickens.

Break up the tortilla chips into bite sized pieces and use them to line the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Evenly spread the meat mixture over the chips and then sprinkle cheese over the top.

Bake for 20 minutes.

False

Cheeseburger Salad

Source: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2012/01/cheeseburger-salad/

What a delightful salad! Yummy! So, I've got a couple of "firsts" with this dish! It's the first time I've made homemade croutons and it's the first of weaning my family into eating better! They still had their meat and I didn't use the whole stick of butter the recipe calls for and it was a salad with no calorie filled dressing! All I am asking of them is to try eating better 2-3 times a week and they agree! WooHoo!

You've got to make sure to add the dill pickles (extra if you like) if you make this because I don't think it would be the same without them! The croutons were out of this world good too! It tasted like a loaded cheeseburger! Delicious!

Thanks to my dear friend Joyce (Sassygrits____OH) for finding this treasure of a recipe!

2 pounds Ground Beef
    1/3 cup Ketchup
    1 teaspoon Yellow Mustard
    1 Tablespoon Dijon Or Spicy Mustard
    2 Tablespoons Barbecue Sauce (I used more)
    4 whole Hamburger Buns
    1 stick Butter (I used less)
    2 heads Romaine Or Green-Leaf Lettuce, Torn
    1 cup Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
    4 whole Roma Tomatoes, Diced
    8 whole Dill Pickle Spears, Cubed
    1 whole Red Onion, Sliced

Brown meat in a large skillet over medium heat. Then remove it from the heat and drain off the fat. Add ketchup, mustards and barbecue sauce to the meat and stir to combine. Taste and add more of whatever you think it needs. Keep warm.

Cut hamburger buns into 1-inch cubes. Melt 1/4 stick of butter in a separate skillet over low heat, then add the bread cubes and toss to coat. Toast the croutons in the skillet over low heat for about 10 -12 minutes, adding 1/4 stick of butter every couple of minutes until you've used the whole stick. (This will ensure all the croutons soak up the butter and toast nicely.)

To assemble each salad, pile torn lettuce on a plate. Pile on a good quantity of the meat mixture, then top with plenty of grated cheddar. Add diced tomato, chunks of pickles and slices of red onion over the top. Then sprinkle warm croutons all around the plate.

False

Grilled Roast Beef & Cheese With Cola Caramelized Onions

Source: http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/main-courses/grilled-roast-beef-and-cheese-with-cola-caramelized-onions/

I hit the jackpot with this sandwich! Out of this world good! My family loved it! We love deli roast beef and we like it medium to a little rare, add the provolone cheese, topped with the cola caramelized onions and you have one awesome sandwich! All I can say is, dinner was fantastic! I will be making these time and time again!

I made 4 sandwiches so I used more bread, roast beef and cheese but I kept the recipe for the onions as is and it was plenty of onions! The best onions I've ever eaten and if you've never caramelized onions with these ingredients, I highly recommend it! Delish!

This recipe came from Tasty Kitchen which The Pioneer Woman created for everyone to share their recipes so if you want to see a great site for recipes, check it out with the link I provided!

FOR THE SANDWICH:

2 slices Rustic Crusty Bread (I made 4 sandwiches)
    1 Tablespoon Butter
    5 slices Shaved Roast Beef
    2 slices Provolone Cheese
    1/4 cup Cola Caramelized Onions

FOR THE COLA CARAMELIZED ONIONS:

2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
    1 Tablespoon Butter
    1 whole Sweet Onion, Peeled And Sliced
    1 Tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
    1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
    2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
    2/3 cups Cola
    1 cup Water

For the caramelized onions:

Add the olive oil and butter to a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Add the onions. Once the onions begin to soften and char on the edges add the white vinegar, worcestershire sauce and brown sugar and cook until liquid evaporates. Next add the initial 1/3 cup of cola and cook until cola evaporates; then add the water and cook until the liquid evaporates; and finally finish with the remaining 1/3 cup of cola and cook until all the liquid evaporates.

Assemble sandwich by layering the roast beef, cheese and caramelized onions on a slice of buttered bread (buttered side down), then top with another slice of buttered bread (butter side up). Grill on medium-high heat for approximately 3 minutes per side.

False

Nutella & M&M's Bird's Nest

Do you love Nutella like I do? Well, I took my mom's recipe for thumbprint cookies and put a new twist on the recipe using Nutella and I had a bag of mini M&M's for the kids Easter baskets and decided to make some bird's nests! I've been a good girl and have only eaten 1 so far but I could eat the whole plate! I'm taking some to mom and dad and let them taste what I've done to her recipe for thumbprints! They have never tried Nutella! Boy are they in for a surprise! Yummy!

1 cup butter or margarine (softened)
    1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
    2 egg yolks
    2 egg whites
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    2 cups flour
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1-1/2 cups pecans or walnuts, finely chopped
    3/4 cup Nutella
    1 small package mini M&M's

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Mix butter, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla. Work in flour and salt until dough holds together. Shape dough by teaspoon into 1 inch balls.

In a seperate bowl beat egg white. Dip balls into egg white and roll in your finely chopped nuts.

Place 1 inch apart on baking sheet and press thumb deeply into center of each. I line my baking sheet with parchment paper.

Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately remove from baking sheet and cool.

Once completely cooled, you are ready to add the Nutella and M&M's.

Spoon 1 tsp of Nutella in each cookie. Sprinkle M&M's on the Nutella of each cookie.

False

Aloha Sausage Egg Casserole

My mom found this recipe in the Sunday Newspaper and told me I needed to make it and send her and dad a piece and that's just what I did! They loved it and so did my little family! Mom is going to make this for her and dad since they liked it so much!

I have a recipe similar to this that I've made many times but this recipe with the Hawaiian Sweet Rolls and heavy whipping cream really sets it apart from my other recipe which uses regular bread and milk! There was a slight sweetness to this dish and the sweet rolls are more firm than regular bread after it is finished baking! I can see that this recipe is going to replace my other recipe for breakfast casserole! Yummy! So good! It makes you want to sing, "Good Morning Sunshine" 

1 pound breakfast sausage (mild or hot), cooked, crumbled, and drained
    6 King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls, sliced in half thru center then cubed
    6 eggs, beaten
    1 cup heavy whipping cream
    Salt and black pepper, to taste
    1-1/2 cups Colby Jack cheese

Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 11x8 baking dish. Arrange bread over bottom of dish. Whisk eggs and milk in mixing bowl until well blended. Season with salt and pepper. Pour half of egg mixture over bread. Sprinkle with half of sausage and half of cheese. Add remaining egg mixture. Sprinkle with remaining sausage and cheese.

Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until eggs are set and top is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Makes 4 to 6 servings. Recipe can be doubled.

False