New item at COSTCO - Seaweed Salad Asian Style | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

New item at COSTCO - Seaweed Salad Asian Style

Last post Dec 23, 2011 12:29 AM by f_lowerchild_co_45 . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • New item at COSTCO - Seaweed Salad Asian Style

I found a new item at our COSTCO that I haven't seen before - Seaweed Salad Asian Style.  It's gluten free, has no  trans fat and contains sesame seed and sesame oil.  Oh boy is this yummy!  It comes in a 28 oz. container and at first look I thought I would need to buy more than one.  Good thing I didn't, there is a lot of salad in that container!  I went back and bought more to take to a family Christmas get together and will tell them it's a shredded green bean salad I'm trying.  If my family knew what it was they wouldn't eat it, they don't like anything out of the ordinary.  I'll tell them the truth when we're finished eating and can't wait to see the expression on their faces.  I can't find my receipt right now but it runs about $11.50 a container.  Definitely worth the money IMO and it keeps for 5-7 after opening.

False
  • Re: New item at COSTCO - Seaweed Salad Asian Style

Crossing my fingers:  Hope it is a sample the next time I go to Costco.  Thanks for your review.  I keep an eye out for it.

~~Vicki

False

That's how I found it by a taste sample.  I've always wanted to try seaweed but never had the opportunity.  It's very good for you.  Hope you get to sample on your next visit.

False

HAHAHAHAHA!!  My 72 yr. old Mom is a demonstrator at Costco in the Seattle, WA area (which is where Costco is based, and is also on the "Pacific Rim"--lots of asian cuisine/influence).  She demonstrated this several months ago and could not bring herself to try it.  (She said it looked like it was "alive and moving"!)  But she simply encouraged everyone to try it (LIED!!!) and sold a huge amount!  Her sales qualified her for a drawing of employees for most-sold product that month.  It's evidently very delicious, I just think it's funny that my Mom wouldn't try it and did such a good job lying!!  I told her she's a "WIMP"!!  She still laughs about that seaweed salad.....

False

Oh that's funny!  But I have to disagree on the "alive and moving" part, looks like shredded green beans to me and it is delicious.  Thanks for the laugh. 

False

ChefV, I skype with her almost every day.  I will tell her I have found other people who like this stuff.  Makes me want to try it!!  You know how you rely on the judgement of your MOTHER of whether something is good or not......well, she can't even TELL me if it was good or not, cuz she never tried it!!!  I hope it is demonstrated the next time I'm at Costco....I'd love to try it.  It actually sounds delicious! 

False