Very OT: Help! My cat sprayed my wool coat. Is it ruined? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Very OT: Help! My cat sprayed my wool coat. Is it ruined?

Last post Jan 13, 2012 11:56 AM by pepmint . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Very OT: Help! My cat sprayed my wool coat. Is it ruined?

Two dry cleaners refused to clean it.  They claimed it would ruin their fluids and any clothes that were with it in the fluid.

What can I do?  Febreeze and sunshine?

Thanks for any help.

False
  • Re: Very OT: Help! My cat sprayed my wool coat. Is it ruined?

What color is it???

False
    To everything there is a Time, Season and Purpose

Is it a male cat or a female cat ad HOW OLD is it?

Is the cat neutered or spayed?

Is it a full time house cat or does it go outside too?

Is this the first time the cat has sprayed in the house?

Answer the above questions and it will be easier to give advice about the cat but am afraid you will NEVER get the stink out of your coat.Cat P is POTENT stuff.

False

Try doing the home dry cleaning in a bag. You can buy it at WalMart and I have used it and it wrks okay. Chris

False

Call or go to your local pet supply store. They have a product specifically for pet urine for furniture and carpets. Don't see why it wouldn't work on your coat as lots of carpets are wool. Read the label first and make sure. Sorry, I can't remember the name of the product but the store will be able to help you.

False

DUMP IT  !   Not worth the grief and expense of buying a ton of stuff that really won't work, in the long run.  Just think how uncomfortable you'll be anytime you get in a warm or humid environment and people start looking around to see who has that AWFUL SMELL......you may THINK it's gone, but chances are it is in there forever.  I wouldn't waste my money or effort on, most probably, a lost cause.

False

Marilyn

I had trouble getting the smell out of a couple cotton towels.  It took numerous washings, days on the clothesline, & several remedies.  White vinegar seemed to help some.  (Problem was caused by an older spayed female.)  Even fixed male cats have a stronger odor.  One cleaning won't do the trick.  Be prepared to spend more time than you expected if you decide to try removing the smell. 

False