R & R: Cajun Dip For Sweet Potatoes | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

R & R: Cajun Dip For Sweet Potatoes

Last post Mar 05, 2012 7:41 PM by chefly . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • R & R: Cajun Dip For Sweet Potatoes

I made this a few minutes ago but haven't purchased the sweet potatoes for the fries so I just tasted it on a spoon. I can't wait to try it on the sweet potatoes tomorrow. This has a very nice flavor just from the spoon. Smile

I used low-fat mayo and 1 tsp. Tone's brand Cajun seasoning. It has a slight spiciness to it with that amount.

chefly

A Cajun Dip for Sweet Potato Fries

Ingredients:
    1/4 cup mayonnaise (I prefer olive oil mayonnaise for fewer calories)
    1 tablespoon ketchup
    1 teaspoon molasses
    1 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (adjust to suit your tastes)
    Directions: Combine all ingredients and stir until smooth.

Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens Magazine, February 2010

http://www.salad-in-a-jar.com/family-recipes/a-cajun-dip-for-sweet-potato-fries

False
  • Re: R & R: Cajun Dip For Sweet Potatoes

Looks like something we would like so thanks. do you make your fries from scratch??? Baked or fried???

False
    To everything there is a Time, Season and Purpose

Most of the time I do make my fries from scratch and yes, I bake them. I just cut the sweet potatoes in French fry like pieces and toss them with a little oil and bake them. So simple to make and much less fatty than purchased but if I'm short on time I do buy them frozen and still bake them.

chefly

False

Got it! Sounds really great and something I'd like to try out on dh.

Thank-you Chef, as always you've been busy busy. Now to write a long over due letter.

Hugs

False

I bought a sweet potato yesterday so I'll make the fries this weekend and will post how I liked the combination.

Chefly

False

howdy doo Chef,  This was my Next attack !  lol  Saw this yesterday then the Indians started to get rammy ! 

Chef, You know how that one goes !  Company Rules. 

Thanks for sharing the Recipe. I'll get a few sweet taters ~  Janie

Hope all has been well. 

False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.

Hey Janie,

I sure do know how company rules.Smile

I'm not sure if I'm making stromboli tonight or salmon or burgers so I don't know what day I'll make the sweet potatoes but they will be this weekend.

I've been great and busier than ever.

I hope you've been well too.

chefly

False

Oh Chef, I am so Happy for you !  You certainly do deserve all of the Happines that life has to offer !  Busy is a good thing !  You go Girl.   I know you will ! 

Now I don't kow if I will get to the sweet potatoes soon either but I will Get to that Cajun dip !  Janie

False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.

Chefly, thanks for posting.  I will be making this one for sure.  I always like new ideas for dipping`- and I bet this is perfect for baked sweet potato fries. 

I've recently started adding a light dusting of cornstarch when baking sweet potato fries.  Makes them nice and crispy.

Suziee

False

Hi Suziee,

I'll try the cornstarch with the other half of the potato. The combination of sweet potato and Cajun dip was excellent! Do give this a try.

chefly

False