Rec, Rev & Pic~ Pasta with Chicken in a Creamy Rosemary Lemon Sauce | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Rec, Rev & Pic~ Pasta with Chicken in a Creamy Rosemary Lemon Sauce

Last post Mar 28, 2012 9:41 PM by carol1229 . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • Rec, Rev & Pic~ Pasta with Chicken in a Creamy Rosemary Lemon Sauce

This was another Pinterest find, both Jake and Tim love pasta in creamy sauces, so I thought I'd give it a go.   I only had a bag of Wacky Mac on hand and in the end, the colors helped the dish to be a little bit more attractive.    Next time I would put some color on the chicken before adding the lemon juice and I think it would add a little more texture to the dish.    We are not goat cheese fans, so I used a heaping tablespoon of ricotta.     I also added a few twists of fresh cracked black pepper to my plate.  Overall, the guys loved it and it was a nice addition to our menu.   

Be sure to go check out the blog, Adventures in Cooking, I saw quite a few other recipes that I think would go over well here!

Orecchiette Pasta with Chicken in a Creamy Rosemary Lemon Sauce

Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    --------  ------------  --------------------------------
      3                     Garlic Cloves -- minced (used jarred)
      1              Large  Chicken Breast -- cut into 1-inch cubes
                            Juice from 1 Lemon
      1                     and 1/2 Cups Dry Orecchiette Pasta -- (used wacky mac lol)
         2/3           Cup  Milk
         1/3           Cup  Chicken Broth
         1/4           Cup  Olive Oil
      1         Tablespoon  Goat Cheese -- (used ricotta)
      1         Tablespoon  Flour
      1         Tablespoon  Grated Parmesan -- Asiago, or Romano cheese (used shredded parm)
      2          Teaspoons  Fresh Rosemary -- chopped- used dried
         1/2      Teaspoon  Grated Lemon Rind
         1/2      Teaspoon  Salt
                            Water (for preparing the orecchiette)

Heat the olive oil and minced garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken breast pieces and lemon juice and allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked all the way through, (this should be checked but cutting one of the larger cubes in half to peek inside). Remove the chicken from the pan using a slotted spoon so that the olive oil and garlic remain in the pan.

Lower the heat. Stir in the chicken broth, milk, grated lemon rind, salt, and 1 teaspoon of the rosemary. Once the mixture is hot, but not boiling, sprinkle the tablespoon of flour over the mixture and whisk it in. Continue whisking the sauce until the flour is fully incorporated and there aren't any flour chunks. Turn the heat to the lowest setting and allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the pasta.

Prepare the orecchiette pasta according to the package directions. I recommend adding a teaspoon of olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the water you boil the pasta in. While the pasta is cooking, add the chicken pieces and goat cheese to the lemon sauce and stir until the goat cheese is completely melted and incorporated into the mixture. Remove the pan from the heat and set it aside. Once the orecchiette is cooked all the way through, strain it and drizzle some olive oil over it, stirring it a bit in the strainer, to help keep the pasta from getting stuck to each other.

Pour the orecchiette into a large bowl and add the lemon sauce and chicken, garnish with the grated Parmesan, Romano, or Asiago cheese and the remaining teaspoon of rosemary. Serve immediately

Source:
      "http://adventurescooking.blogspot.com/2012/02/orecchiette-pasta-with-chicken-and.html"

False

Jolene--  http://jolenesrecipejournal.blogspot.com/

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it" -- Julia Child

• Re: Rec, Rev & Pic~ Pasta with Chicken in a Creamy Rosemary Lemon Sauce

Looks GreatSmile Thanks for sharing! Will have to check out blog too!

False

Oh would you look at that......creamy, cheesy, chicken, lemon.............all good!  Like your idea of using the tri-colored pasta to add some color to the dish.  Also agree with you about punching up the flavor of the chicken by adding some seasoning.

This looks really good, Jolene-Bob would really like this one-he likes creamy sauces on pasta.  Me?  I'm all about red "gravy" cause it's what I grew up eating.  But I do LOVE mac and cheese-and this is a nice spin on it.

BTW?  Seeing that nice plate of pasta on this post?  I made sausage and rigatoni tonight-yeah you had me craving pasta but I hadn't thawed out chicken.....NEXT TIME!

Thanks so much for the review, photo and recipe :),

Carol

False

Thanks for taking a peek, S  :)    Lots of good stuff on the blog!

Carol, I sold this dish to Jake as "chicken piccata mac n cheese"  LOL   it's all in the naming for him.     I too prefer red sauces, but they are both huge mac n cheese fans  :)     I think it definitely needed the pepper and maybe even another sprinkle of the fresh lemon zest.     Yum on the sausage and rigatoni, now that we are having "winter" weather again I have to shift my menu back to seasonable foods...  I was so enjoying tossing something on the grill   LOL    :)    

False

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it" -- Julia Child

Jolene, this looks great...Wacky Mac? As long as it works!

The other night I had to add some macaroni to a dish for the hubby...I had nothing but noodles, but I spied a box of macaroni and cheese in the back of the cupboard. I had picked it up for DGS when he visits and good grief, it was sponge bob...That macaroni cooks up very strange but it worked.

False

Hey Jolene-whatever you call it for Jake-as long as he likes it and eats it?  All good!  I will admit Bob and I both have a weakness for homemade macaroni and cheese and I don't make it often because it's sheer TORTURE not to over eat it but I do love my red gravy and pasta....and MAN that rigatoni with Italian sausage, peppers and onions hit the spot last night.

We got SO spoiled with that warm weather last week-this back to reality cold isn't fun AT ALL.  Guess the saving grace in it all is it won't last.......supposed to gradually warm as the week goes on-after that little flirt with that 4-letter word that starts with S and ends with W...........they're saying flurries for here.......kind of scares me when they say that-I've shoveled MANY A FLURRY.............

Thanks again for sharing this one-and I'm with you-pepper and lemon zest sounds like they'd play very nicely in this one, :)

Carol

False

LOL Linda, I'm very familiar with the Spongebob Mac n Cheese.  And the spiderman.  And the Phineas and Ferb.      :)     Right now Jake is loving the Wacky Mac with just a little butter and parm cheese,  I think it's all the colors!

Carol, today is a "special" day at Mr. Mac's, and since I can't make it as well as Tim loves the stuff from there I'd rather he just go buy it.     He'll pick up 2 (1 free) and eat one and put one in the freezer.    I hate to waste the energy, especially since I have to grate all the cheese by hand, I still can't find the part to my food processor.

False

Mr. Mac's?  You have a MACARONI HOUSE in town?  Oh how COOL is that?

I have a food processor and STILL I grate cheese on the box grater..........old habits die hard I guess. Wink

Carol

False