It's Derby Day ~ Pick your Horse & Hat Here ~ Photo's included~ | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

It's Derby Day ~ Pick your Horse & Hat Here ~ Photo's included~

Last post May 05, 2012 5:56 PM by rccola . 21 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 2 of 2 (22 items) 12
  • Re: It's Derby Day ~ Pick your Horse & Hat Here ~ Photo's included~

Well Janie, we know who the wild child in our group is and don't sit in front of me either!

False

• Re: It's Derby Day ~ Pick your Horse & Hat Here ~ Photo's included~

LOl ~  You grils  have been so much fun with this little post !  Thanks  for playing along. 

Ya know there alwys  has to be a Jokster!  Tongue Tied

Races  will begin shortly ~

I pray  That All of the Horses  & Riders  cross the Line Safe & Sound  !   Win Or Lose * They all are Champions *! 

Drinks

Janie

False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.

• Re: This Years Kentucky Derby Entires and A Link to see them !

I'm a Kentucky girl so the Derby is in my blood. I really like Creative Cause because of coming from the same stable as Secretariat, but Calvin Borel is my jockey of choice . so I'm torn between the two. i'd pick them  Take Charge first, Creative Cause second and for the trifecta I'd like Union Rags.

Been trying to find a station on TV all day  and I haven't really had a chance to sutdy the field but off the top of my head that would be where my oney would go.

False

THE AMERICAN'S CREED I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people, whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a Republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect Union one and inseparable, established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots scrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to suport its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect it's flag, and to defend it against all enemies. Proud member of The Daughters of The American Revolution

Ohhhhh, I just saw the white beauty. I'm anxious to see that horse run and I think I hope he wins. He's sooooo beautiful. Surely that's not a filly, if it is, they'll be chasing her LOL

False

THE AMERICAN'S CREED I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people, whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a Republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect Union one and inseparable, established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots scrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to suport its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect it's flag, and to defend it against all enemies. Proud member of The Daughters of The American Revolution

Dar, I just heard the story about  Union  Rags  !  Wow  ~   So many wonderful stories  surround these Magnificent  Giants !

Including an interesting one about Creative Cause !  Can you believe the owner dyed it's tail  Blue ~  Fear of a disqualification quickly restored the white tail !

May I offfer you a Mint Julep ! 

Janie

False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.

I don't think the race has started yet Janie so I'm going to pick Take Charge Indi be cause we had a mare named Indi not that ours would have won but I'll just be sentimental.

Getting my hat out now to wear.

Carol

False
  • Re: This Years Kentucky Derby Entries Including Photos ! Maybe you will be a Winner !

My second choice would have been I'll Have Another One I love the name.

Carol

False