Daily Low Carb Chat Weekend May 5, 6 | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Daily Low Carb Chat Weekend May 5, 6

Last post May 06, 2012 12:07 PM by Albany_NY . 14 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
  • Daily Low Carb Chat Weekend May 5, 6

Good morning! May I offer you a beverage of choice? Coffee  , V8...we're all set!

Poor Fester was sick during the night, so I'm  keeping a close eye on him...poor pup...

I hope you have great plans for the weekend- and good weather for those plans. I'm doing some theater stuff, and helping Steve get ready for a few days in NYC with a Masonic function...

The Evening of the Arts was beautiful last night- they had wonderful art work displayed all over the building, and then a music and dance performance in the packed auditorium...great all around-  such a fun evening! Steve said opening night went well, too...so that's good!

I will be back a bit later...we're both going to the theater tonight, so dinner will be quick..nothing planned quite yet!

I did make some great chips using the pita chips- so delish!

Waving and sending hugs-

Have a great day!

Margaret

False
  • Re: Daily Low Carb Chat Weekend May 5, 6

Gm, Our day is unfolding in a very quiet way. Very still and lazy looking. Lovey dinner out last night. Most excellent ! Mmmmm

Duck confit ravioli was enough to make one faint !  it was nestled in a clairified sun-dried tomato broth.

Mr enjoyed every morsel of the Veal Osso Bucco.  And my Shrimp with tomatoes, spinach ahd garlic ! tremendous.

This is imo one of our 5 star restaurants on Island.  And we don't have many .  Kendricks  is  another one. No fast foods here. Orders  are made by order.

Phillies  boo hoo . Very bad calls on may of the plays.  They were one refere short. This applied to both teams.  Charlie was  throw out in the first inning.   This team had better start whipping things up. Their standing is terrible.

No much doing today. M, Your schedule is busy as usual and poor Fester.  Hard to tell what the cause is.

Some good Tv today. Phillies are on early then the Derby.  Think I'll make some Chicken Nuggetsa and  ( Thanks to our hostess)  Mac Salad !  And there is plenty of left overs from last evening.

Carol, How was the fish?? Do they use Cod??

Knee, actually feels pretty good today.  But I will continue to baby it.  Glad your Pt went well . How long will you be taking it.

Can't believe how many athletes we saw out riding last night. It certainly was a perfect night. We are going to ride down the bottom of our hill and will watch for a while.  I make a few breakfast pickins, bring our chairs  and set up shop.  Mr wants  a nice steak tomorrow.  We picked up a small filet for me  and a ribeye for him.

Going to try Lindas  suggestion of freezing them for (1) hour before cooking. I know many of you don't like your's  winking at you.  But we enjoy ours  Med-rare.  And  that is supposed to be the perfect method.

And I'll put together a Ceasar Salad. 

Going to make a raw veggie platter today to snack on.

Our Ocean does not look real. It is so calm that it looks like a Lagoon. 2-4 ft seas. 

Wishing  all a great day. hey Carol  Get your hat out !  What an amazing site !  Janie 

Think my Phillies  baseball cap will cut it !  Big Smile

False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.

http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/p/861168/7399361.aspx#7399361

It's  Derby Day ~  Pick your Horse & Hat here !  Good Luck !  Janie

False

Enjoying  every Minute.

Hi-

Janie- your birthday dinner sounds great! Your plans for the weekend also sound lovely- and seeing all those world class athletes is terrific! Do continue to pamper your knee...I'm trying to do the same..Tongue Tied  I can walk without pain, but stairs or bending down to pick something up really bothers me...part of the reason I haven't been here much- our 'puter is in  one of the upstairs bedrooms- now referred to as the computer room...we also have a bookroom ( for obvious reasons) no spare guest room...my, aren't we stingy? Wink

Carol- I'm glad the flies are gone- we had an infestation once at camp with ladybugs...a gazillion of them... how is that convertible? Ah...the wind in your hair...

Ann- Well, Mr. Pickles has such a great weekend ahead of him...does he bring a little suitcase that says " Going to Grandma's"?  Glad you have had such success with your furniture finds- and good for you for your volunteering to serve food- such a need for so many right now. The toilet paper issue was too bad- but if he needed it...just hope he doesn't make it a habit...he always comes on preview ( free) night...I hate the thought of having to keep an eye on him next time..

Connie- I imagine you're already off to the cottage...we're opening up our camp next weekend- we have the plumber coming to install a screen / filter on our well...and get the lines all open and ready- we still need to get a new small stove and fridge in there...the old stuff was way too old and energy in-efficient!

Linny- I hope your time with your friends has been great- and hope your 'puter troubles are over..

Pam- I imagine LM and Em's school year is winding down- we go to the end of June here...how's LM's PT working for him?

Barb- I hope your new modem has arrived- when's your first fishing trip to Canada? You must be planning it!

Waving to Doris, Patrice, Mary, Renate and Alphy... wishing you all a great day!

We might have our mozz/ pesto sandwiches later- quick and easy- and a side of mac salad...yum!

Found a great looking recipe for l/c frozen yogurt- using Greek yogurt...I'll post the link..

Bye for now..

M.

False

My hat for the Derby....just 'cause!  Wink

M. 
    False

Good morning friends.  I'm not off to the cottage quite yet, but will be shortly.  The weather is not the best, it's a bit rainy, but most of our work can be done inside, and to tell you the truth, DH just wants to get away for a little bit and relax.  I've got plenty of schoolwork to take along with me, so I'll be busy no matter what. 

I have a confession to make.  I had been doing so well on my eating plan and had lost almost 10 pounds and then I became lazy.  You may know the feeling. . . too lazy to prepare foods that are on my plan and too willing to grab something that's quick and easy but NOT low carb.  Well, I'm feeling awful lately and need to gain that focus.  Starts today.

Janie- Your island always sounds so lovely.  Every time you describe it, I feel such happiness for you.  That meals must have been awesome!

Waving to all and wishing you a wonderful weekend!

False

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."

Connie- OK...so get back to it, GF!

This might help- a treat, but totally legit- and so easy!

http://yourlighterside.com/easy-frozen-yogurt/

Have a good time at the cottage!

M.

False

Hey Connie, We all have set backs !  But I know you will be right back on track !  Enjoy your quietness as well.

M,  Steady as she goes !  St Croix straight ahead Captain !

False

Enjoying  every Minute.

Philip Treacy S3

Philip Treacy
    S3
    $1,490.00

Such Decisions ! I just don't know ??     I may have to buy Both ~

Philip Treacy S26

Philip Treacy
    False

Enjoying  every Minute.

Hi everybody ~

Stopped in at the office for a sec. before the funeral here.  I'm not getting the modem until Wed.  Someone's coming to install it.  Glad I talked to this guy.  He's gotten me a better deal than what I had before.  Hopefully, I'll have enough time Monday to chat for a bit.  Hope everyone's enjoy the weekend.

Barb

False

Good Morning All,

I am going to the Love Lights Mother Daughter luncheon with Erica and Michelle today. "Miss M" is singing they will have crafts and it as well as some entertainment it is a fund raiser for the hospital. I was thinking I should wear one of my fancy hats Janie in honor of the derby but I think you know who might disown me. Your dinner last night sounds wonderful so does Mr's. I had walleye and the rest of the group had cod everyone raved. The place is nothing but a bar absolutely nothing fancy I had never even been in it until about two years ago. Two of Roger's bosses owned it at one time and a bartender was killed there at that time during a holdup. Was suppose to have been the bosses DD working that night and she switched with someone so she could be at a mason event I think.

Margaret so glad the show is doing well and next time maybe only one roll out at a time. It sounds like your art event also was was a total hit and that is great. All the time and energy that goes into any of these events it's always wonderful if they are sold out. Sorry to hear Fester isn't feeling so well I hope it's not the flu.

Ann I see you and Mr Pickles playing already this morning. Bev would like us to bring Frosty home with us to play with Ginger but I'm afraid Ginger would think we brought her dinner. She has a hunter's instinct and Frosty is timid with other dogs also quite small.

I better get my day started  or I'll be late for lunch.

Carol

False

Good morning, friends! May I pour? Coffee, V8 and Mint Juleps are all available! Wink

Hope you have good plans for the day-

Carol- I hope your Mother Daighter event went well- I'm sure Michelle sang beautifully!  Your story about the restaurant reminded me of the terrible breakins  that Dava's restaurant often had- how scary it was for her...never knowing if she'd be catching someone in the act...

Barb- we'll all be glad when you're back on with us from home!

Janie- what a fun spectacle the Derby is....3 hours of TV for a 2 minute race..Tongue Tied

Good audience last night- hope we get a crowd today...I'll be House Manager for the matinee.

Had great burgers last night on the grill. These are the 4.5 oz. steak burgers from Kansas City Steak through QVC...very nice...good flavor, perfect size, they cook easily and the price is good- for such a nice product...

Well, let me get a wiggle on...

Waving and sending hugs...

Pam- I got a nice note from LM...thanks!

Have a great day, dear ones!

m.

False

Good Morning,

The luncheon was lovely they made a lot of money for the cancer wing of the hospital. Michelle sang the song What My Mother Does and it had both Erica and I teary eyed because she had been speaking of how she came to be in our family mentioning both Erica and I which I never expected. They had us both stand when she was done. She mentioned how Kirsten and I drove to Conn. to get her it was a 50 hour trip with about 8 devoted to sleep and a short visit with the folks we stayed with. I could never do it again at this age I'll tell you it would have to be a 5 day trip now Wink everything needs more time now.

Looks like we are either going to Jenny's today or in the other direction to shop for some badly need new posts for the front of the house.

Margaret I have some nice little steaks in the freezer that are portioned like your burgers and they are just the right size. I did three of them the other night. I called Erica and asked if she was coming for leftovers (she always gets done work after we are thru eating) so I could thaw a steak for her no leftovers with the perfect size.

The derby was very exciting I put my red derby hat on to encourage my horses Janie and I was glad  I'll Have Another won, I thought that a cute name. Roger thought I was nuts sitting by myself with a hat on well it was me and Ginger and she didn't think I was nutty. I didn't want to dig out the large brim one like in the picture above on the right. So many hats so little time to wear them all. There seemed to be a lot of ladies without hats this year.

Barb I hope they get you up and running again on Wed. we miss you.

I think I'll go find me a bite to eat.

Carol

False

Gm Everyone.  Well what a Shame !  There has been so much put into this weekend  Iron man Race.

Between all of the clean ups  all over the island, preperation, roads blocks and temp parking put into place.  So much Money spent.  And the athletes  themeslves.  Hours  of training  and all of th hype and  anticipation.  Our weather could Not be any Worse !!!!!!!!  Visibility is near none and it is pouring. A terrible  hard downfall !

It has been rainig for 2 days now.  The swimming part of the race began at 6:30 this morning! Not a dry spot on the island.  What a shame.  Aside from that there is so much family planning and get togethers  scheduled for this morning.  Mainly at the homes that are close to the road.  Front yard cook outs  and  celebrations .

The locals  love this race !

Yes, M yesterday was a bit of an upset.  Not a particuliary handsome or polished horse. Tag price 11,000 dollars  as a yearling. Just goes to show you.  Ya never know.

I so enjoy the stories and  Hats  ! My I saw some real beauties. 

Hey Pam, Speaking of Lm !  The race before the Derby had a horse named Little Mike !  Slapped my bet down on that one !  And ya know it came in first ! Not only did it come in first. But it kept the lead throughout the entire Race ! Never letting any other horse pass him by !  Yea!!!!!!!!!!! 

Going to skype the kids today.

Wed Henry will help Mr start our close up !  Vets  appt and a few clean ups . So next week will be kind of busy.

Carol.  We too have a great little hole in the wall local joint that we really enjoy.  I have talked about it before.  It's called No Bones Cafe.  The kind of a place where celebrities  like to eat.  As they may go unnoticed and who would guess that their prime Rib  is the Best! Mr always  get that and the next day they have French Dips on the Menu that are to die for wonderful.

I love the Blue Cheese Wedge salad something I often talk about on here.  Can't believe Mothers  day is  this coming  Sunday !   I have no Clue except that I know eating out in not in the Picture.

Barb, Puter will be fixed soon sweetie. I know you are missing joining in. 

I too thought of Dava ~  What scarey stories  she shared with us. 

Wishing  all a wonderful day !

Our cisterns  are really filling up !  Yea  !!!!!!!!!!!!  No water bills this  year. 

Janie

False

Enjoying  every Minute.

Janie- so sorry about the weather issues for this big event- I hope all can continue!

Carol- i'm picturing you sitting there in your hat- Ginger smiling with approval..Wink   delightful picture!  Yes

Off to the theater-  see you later...

M.

False