Daily Low Carb Chat Week of June 11-18 | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Daily Low Carb Chat Week of June 11-18

Last post Jun 17, 2012 4:56 PM by Albany_NY . 39 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 3 of 3 (40 items) 123
  • Re: Daily Low Carb Chat Week of June 11-18

Good morning! May I? Coffee  The Happy Dance music is ready! Music

Doris- very nice- as always- to see you!  I hope your DH's skin difficulties are resolved without any more problems -   I see your weather is still interesting....if we'd cool down enough at night to make sleeping comfy, that's be good...great catch up, GF!

Not a lot planned for the day- some laundry, phone calls, appts to be made, etc...

I found some canned rutabaga at Walmart yesterday- we grew up eating fresh- especially at holiday family dinners- hardest darn things to peel...we called them turnips, but I was happy to see them...so good mashed with a little splenda...

Waving and sending hugs...hoping Blair is making good progress  (( Blair))  !

Have a great day, and I'll see you all later!

M.

False

An oldie but a goodie!

http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/t/73120.aspx

False

Good morning everybody ~

Yep, Margaret, doing a really high stepping Happy Dance over this way.  I don't think I've ever heard of rutabaga in a can.  Mom always called it turnip too, but I guess the "real" turnip is purple with a white root end.  It's smaller too.  Am I right?  I finally got so I like it, although it took a lot of years.  I'm not saying I love it, but at least I don't hate it anymore.  Mom was the rutabaga lover, so I would buy it & make it for her.  All I ever did was put S, P, & butter on it after it was mashed, but Mom's family always put vinegar on it, which was pretty good.  I don't know where that custom came from.  I don't enjoy the peeling part too much either.  Thanks for the link.  It reminded me to take some blue cheese with me.  I love blue cheese burgers!

I've come in a little earlier a couple of days this week so hopefully, I can sneak out of here before 12:30.  I've got everything ready to shove or stuff in the car.  Then I have to finish emptying the dishwasher, take out the trash, load the cooler & then make a sandwich for lunch and off I'll go.  If I can get out of here by 1 or 1:30 at the latest, I should be at the lake sipping a Drinks right around 5 or 5:30.  Just in time for dinner!

I'll be back on Thursday, so I'll be talking with you all then.  Have a great day & a wonderful weekend.

Barb

False

Hi-

Well, quite warm here...don't care for it too hot! I know of you are going to bake, too...Tongue Tied

OK...so let me take attendance...Connie's going on a cruise- Patrice is going to Ireland, Barb's going off fishing, Carol's going to Michelle's events, Janie is going home to Mr and Meadow, Linny is in her new digs, Ann is busy getting her place all spruced up, Pam is heading to the pool after work today...huummm...I'm here...Doris is home, Renate is home but her heart is still in Colorado.. Mary and Alphy are undoubtedly busy with their lives-..I'm sure glad we're doing the post this way! Yes

I'll be back in a bit- going to check out some old threads...what fun!

M.

False

Good morning! May I? Coffee

Well, I woke up at about 3- couldn't get back to sleep- so I'll nap later...Tongue Tied

Fester is calling, so I'll take him out and be back a bit later...

Hope you all have great plans for the day!

M

False

Hi-

I'm making these for tomorrow to take along:

Black Olive Appetizers Recipe #248587

This was clipped from some magazine years ago.
    by Barb in WNY ( but our Barb said it's not her!)

15 min | 15 min prep

SERVES 18 -22

• 5 3/4 ounces pitted ripe olives, super colossal-size
    • 22 slices pepperoni, sliced thin and 1 1/2-inches in diameter
    • cheese, of your choice, cut in 2-inch long, thin julienne strips
    • carrot or zucchini, cut into 2-inch long, thin julienne strips or bell pepper, cut into 2- inch long, thin julienne strips or kohlrabi, cut into 2-inch long, thin julienne strips
    • fresh herb, for garnish (dill, basil, parsley or tarragon)
    1. Cut thin slice off bottom of each olive, forming a flat base.
    2. Roll up slice of pepperoni and place inside pitted end of each olive.
    3. Fill center of each pepperoni slice with desired combination of cheese, vegetables and herbs.
    4. Stand olives on serving plate.

Also going to make the melon wrapped with prosciutto bites...yum!

Hope all is well!

M.

False

Hello Margaret, Renate, and anyone else who may pop in or pass by....

Nice sounding appetizers, I've never seen such a thing, we don't make appetizers and don't go anywhere where they make them, either, lol.   Used to see such things years ago, when I was a kid, and we visited relatives in the city, and these relatives put on a real party, maybe cocktail party is what they were, lol.   My parents and the adults enjoyed themselves, we kids ate the usual stuff, and there was live music.   My Dad used to play piano in a dance band in Germany, so he played lots of dancing music at these things.    The old days!!

Dh is checking to let me know boxing is almost on on HBO, so, have a pleasant evening, and a nice Day tomorrow!!!

Doris

False

Good morning! May I? Coffee

Happy Father's Day to all!  I hope you have good plans for the day, and decent weather for those plans!

Doris- so nice to see you...glad you are finding some good boxing to watch...I noticed that Teofilo Stevenson from the 70s Olympics ( representing Cuba) just died at age 60 from a heart attack.  He was such an attractive young man- and one helluva boxer!

We're going to my brother's today for lunch - and I'm taking my strawberry salad and some appys...also some folding chairs ( there will be a bunch of us!)

I hope whatever you friends are doing, things are going well.

I also hope that when everyone returns from their adventures, they'll have good stories to share!

Special hugs going out to Janie, Blair and all who need them!

Enjoy your day, friends!

Margaret

False

Hi-

Well, the afternoon was wonderful- good food ( especially my strawberry salad!) and the new olive appys went over well, too!

I just used the pepperoni and a sliver of cheese- not the carrots or anything else, but you could certainly pipe some cream cheese spread into the colossal olives..yum!

I'll be starting a new thread tomorrow- for the next week...

Have a good rest of you day, dears!

M.

False

Hi-

Here's a nice link:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes-and-cooking/50-things-to-grill-in-foil/index.html

M.

False