SATURDAY: What' Cookin'? 6/16/2012 | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

SATURDAY: What' Cookin'? 6/16/2012

Last post Jun 16, 2012 6:08 PM by cooktocook . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • SATURDAY: What' Cookin'? 6/16/2012

Good morning friends.

We're having problems w/ our computer so if you don't hear from me that's the reason.

Enjoy your day.

Nancy

False

A room without books is like a body without a soul. - Cicero
  • Re: SATURDAY: What' Cookin'? 6/16/2012

Good morning friends. It is still just 10 pm here, but I know I won't be online until late afternoon at least. So I'll say my hello now. I did not make it to the store today, so MUST do that tomorrow. We had "cracker casserole", an adapted recipe from an old TOH for dinner, with garlic cheese biscuits. Some fresh watermelon rounded things off. A breeze kicked up this evening so I decided to use the oven again and baked a couple of trays of chocolate chip cookies. I'll have to finish the rest of the batch later but they were delicious! (So NOT what I needed...) Embarrassed

DH works overnight and has later tomorrow off. The kids and I are helping to set up a yard sale by 7, then will run a couple of errands and come home. We all might go bowling later, but will have to see. I think the guys would rather go fishing!!We probably won't have the chance to on Sunday afternoon.

Nancy, I hope that your computer troubles are something easily fixed. Elza, praying the sale goes well. I'll have to look into the donation thing, cuz I don't like people haggling to nothing either! I do have quite a bit of curriculum and books that I could sell to other homeschoolers and do okay. Posters, etc. Tasty, hope you enjoy your quieter weekend than last! Any more jam plans?

Oops, timer just beeped once more. Gotta run but I'll see you this weekend!

Ellie

False

Good morning friends.

Nancy, I hope it's nothing serious with your computer.

Ellie, the choc chip cookies are probably what your sole needed so I'm glad you enjoyed them.

I watched Nik Wallenda walk over Niagara Falls and I think every muscle in my body was tense while he walked.  It was good to see what a Godly man he is and such a loving family man.  I really liked the show and glad I watched.  He looks very much like my ex DDIL's now husband who is a very kind and good man.

I haven't figured out dinner yet but did get a BBQ Chicken pizza from Lean Cuisine and that is always really good.  They have been on sale this week.

I hope everyone has a happy and blessed day.

~Jan~

False

SCSG Jan blue eyed mouse siggy

~~The most important things in life aren't things!~~ 

LOL Our yard sale was advertised from 8 to 1 -- it's not 7:30 yet and he's already had 3 or 4 people come by and buy things! Love those early birds --

I'm headed to work after a while, then on my way home I plan to stop by a local bakery and pick up some peach cupcakes as a special treat. They had shared on Facebook that they'd gotten peaches from Clanton, Alabama -- which is where DH's family is from -- so I know how good those Chilton County peaches are!

Friends invited us to join them at a baseball game tonight, so we'll probably get a hot dog or something there. A busy day, but hopefully a good one --

False

Good Morning

Looks like we could get some rain today.  I would love to take my book to the lanai and watch it rain.  Dinner tonite will be take out pizza, the old standby.  Hope it's a lovely day in your neighborhood.

False

Good morning What's Cookin' friends. 

Nancy, sorry to read that you are having computer problems. I sure hope it's not a major issuse and something that can be fixed for you quickly.

Ellie, so good to see your post this morning.  You are always one busy gal.  Hope you get some family time today either bowling or fishing--either would be fun and relaxing.

Elza, good luck today with the yard sale.  Those peach cupcakes sound delish!

Jan, like you, I watched the high wire walk over Niagara Falls.Living here in town are many retired and current circus people.  Most of them attend my church when they are in town (gifts,we have circus wheels hanging up off to each side of the alter).  One of our deacons travels with the circus when they are on the road.  I can tell you first hand that they are very religious people and family and friends are very important to them.  Circus people and  the circus itself has a long history here in town.  

Dinner today will be something new.  At the Amish Market I picked up some dried beef after one of the Amish girls was telling me about how her Mom makes creamed chipped beef.  That was one of my DF's favorite things to eat over toast only DM never made it--she boiled the frozen pouches from the freezer section in the store.  With Father's Day tomorrow, I decided I was going to making it in honor of dear old Dad.  I know he's smiling down right now.

If the weather is good, DH wants to go out boating/fishing tomorrow.  After being in the sun all day, there's no way I can come home and cook a meal, therefore,  I'll cook today and just reheat it tomorrow.  DH requested my Hungarian Stuffed Peppers, cuke salad, and dessert will be peach cobbler.  

Busy day in the kitchen ahead for me.  I'm going to grab my first cup of coffee and get the show on the road.  I'll try to check in later.  Have a wonderful day everyone.

Lori

False

Good morning. I am about to start baking some loaves of Indescribably Delicious Banana Bread with the praline lopping. I will give them to friends at work on Monday.

The weather is gorgeous with low humidity - I wish we had this all spring and summer. I will just enjoy it while we have it. Our tomatoes and peppers are getting ripe, but the squash and beans aren't ready yet. 

No clue as to what will be on the menu tonight. 

False

Good Morning,

It sounds like everyone is well on the way to having a glorious weekend.

I woke up really early and could not go back to sleep so I got up and showered, then washed the bedding, then watched Food tv. I think i need  a nap now!

Not sure what's for dinner, but we are going to the store in a little while, so I'll pick up something. I need to get some things for the potluck at church tomorrow. I'm going to make creamy chicken & noodles, and lemon cheesecake pie.

We got an email from Steve this morning. He asked us to head up a simple cookout this Thursday evening, as an appreciation for all the employees of Potter's Inn. He just wants burgers, hot dogs and chips, and dessert. I'm thinking of doing a new recipe for a dulce de leche bar. Our oldest Ds and wife will be here, but that's OK. I think on Thursday day we are driving up to Pike's Peak - or maybe take the train up, and then go visit the chapel at the Air Force Academy. Since we'll be gone most of the day, simple works best for us.

Have a super day!

Tammy

False

I started reading posts 1 hour and 16 minutes ago and in the middle of Lori's post my Sis called and that was that, lol. We talked about everything under the sun until her DH came back from his bike ride and she had to get lunch.

Everyone is cooking mighty fine sounding meals and sweet treats today, YUM!  Lori, my DH loved chipped beef on toast. First DH's  Aunt taught me how to make it correctly w/o lumps in my early 20's and I have made it hundreds if not thousands of times in all those years, love it still.

Lori, thanks for telling us the story of the circus and your church. 

It's a lovely day here in the Southland.  I guess I will do a bit of laundry or possibly go out shopping, have not decided yet but it's not a rushed day as you can tell.  Where is everyone?

~Jan~

False

SCSG Jan blue eyed mouse siggy

~~The most important things in life aren't things!~~ 

Just waiting on DH and we'll be having dinner.  He's putting down bug juice on the lawn after giving it a hair cut.  While he showers, I'll reheat the chipped beef and make the toast.

Made a new soup earlier today from our own Nancy.  She first posted the recipe back in 2005 for Chinese Vegtable Noodle Soup.  Put three  containers into the freezer for DH's lunch, but we both had a bowl for our lunch.  Nancy, we loved it!  The broth was so tasty!

With the left over broccoli and cauliflower, I made a salad-no recipe.  Added sunflower seeds and rasins.  Made a very small amount of dressing--buttermilk, mayo, sugar, and vinegar.  Happy with the results.

Oh, DH has already headed for the shower, so I've got to go.  Enjoy your evening. 

Lori    

False