Zucchini Brownies Recipe w /pic | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Zucchini Brownies Recipe w /pic

Last post Jul 09, 2012 11:03 AM by salsarose . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • Zucchini Brownies Recipe w /pic

Zucchini Brownies Recipe

Zucchini Brownies RecipeZucchini Brownies Recipe photo by Taste of Home Zucchini Brownies Recipe Rating 4

A fast-to-fix peanut butter and chocolate frosting tops these moist brownies that are a sweet way to use up your green garden squash. “We really like the cake-like texture of these brownies,” writes Allyson Wilkins of Amherst, New Hampshire.

• Prep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
    • Yield: 15-18 Servings

20 35 55

Ingredients

• 1 cup butter, softened
    • 1-1/2 cups sugar
    • 2 eggs
    • 1/2 cup plain yogurt
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1/4 cup baking cocoa
    • 1 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 2 cups shredded zucchini
    • FROSTING:
    • 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
    • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

Directions

• In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in yogurt and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in zucchini.
    • Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
    • For frosting, in a small saucepan, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Spread over warm brownies. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.

Nutritional Facts 1 serving (1 piece) equals 307 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 283 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.

Originally published as Zucchini Brownies in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p43

False
  • Re: Zucchini Brownies Recipe w /pic

These look so good.  I HOPE we'll be getting zucchini soon!

Thanks salsa,

Carol

False

Thanks Salsa!   Hoping to run by the farm this week and see what they've got  :)

Waving to Carol!

False

Jolene--  http://jolenesrecipejournal.blogspot.com/

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it" -- Julia Child

I have these in my refrigerator--made them last week. I took the recipe from my TOH Cookies cookbook, page 213.

I'm sorry, but I'll be honest with you--I do not care for the recipe and will not make it again.  Normally, brownies do not last here, but seems DH nor myself care for them. 

First off, I don't consider these to be brownies--they look/have more like a chocolate zucchini cake texture.  Second, they seem dry and very bland tasting.  Finally, the frosting does not stick to the "cake"--it lifts up and completely off.

Wish I had read the reviews before I made this.  Others had similar complaints, yet others liked the recipe.

Maybe I just had bad luck with this recipe, but I feel I need to be up front with you in the event you are planning to make thesse.

Lori

False

Thank you Lori for your feed back- even if the review is negative it is of help to others who intends making it

False