Roasted Jamaican Jerk Chicken | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Roasted Jamaican Jerk Chicken

Last post Sep 24, 2012 9:14 AM by carol1229 . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Roasted Jamaican Jerk Chicken

A spicy paste of vinegar, rum, hot peppers, onions, and savory-sweet fall spices covers a whole chicken coated in fresh lime juice. Get it all messy, slip it into the oven for a couple hours and you have yourself a mouthwatering meal.

click here to view the recipe

False
  • Re: Roasted Jamaican Jerk Chicken

Gm Salsa,  Thanks  a bunch. Very popular recipe.

Janie

False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.

Now how did you know I just brought a roasting chicken in from the grocery store, salsa?  Don't have habanero peppers but have some stinkin hot jalapenos from the garden-I know they won't give the belt the habaneros do but that's OK-with all the other yummy ingredients I think it will still be good.

Thanks so much for sharing the link..........Sunday meal plan complete!

Carol

False

Thanks salsa for sharing! Funny story about Jerk Chicken, first time in Cayman and I asked what they were serving for dinner, and the lady told me.....in her caribbean accent. My NY ears seem not to understand other accents so when DH asked what we were having I said -Dirt Chicken! We never heard of that beforeEmbarrassed

Carol-- can't wait till you do the review! I know those pictures are gonna make me hungry.

Linda

False

HAHAHAHA Linda-that's a cute story about Dirt Chicken.......... :)

Don't know if we'll get photos of it-it's football Sunday so plans could change in a heartbeat and it doesn't get made but I promise I'll review it for sure when I do make it.

Carol

False

This was really good-although I have to say mine looked NOTHING like hers......I had a lot of the jerk paste on the chicken and it REALLY blackened while roasting......I kind of scraped it off when slicing the chicken since I don't care for "blackened" anything......the flavor was awesome though and the chicken was nice and moist. 

The only thing I added to the mix was a couple cloves of garlic-I put those in the food processor with everything else that went into the "paste."

I didn't make the salsa that went with it-no mangoes in the house-that's OK, the chicken was great-I'm sure the salsa would be a wonderful addition.

I'd definitely make this one again.  Thanks so much salsa for sharing the link and thanks to Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking for the recipe,

Carol

False