REC REV: Bacon Wrapped Smokies w/Brown Sugar and Butter | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

REC REV: Bacon Wrapped Smokies w/Brown Sugar and Butter

Last post Dec 28, 2012 3:08 AM by kaly_ab . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • REC REV: Bacon Wrapped Smokies w/Brown Sugar and Butter

http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/appetizers-and-snacks/bacon-wrapped-smokies-with-brown-sugar-and-butter/

The kids and men just loved these things. I ate a couple but I have to admit I am not a fan of these sausages. They were good but sweeter than I am used to. But as I said, the kids and guys just gobbled them up just 'yummy' and lots of great comments.

I guess this one gets raves reviews as it has been pinned on pinterest some 22,000+ times! The group loved them so in the keeper file. They are easy to throw together and make a quick snack or appetizer. I purchased the sausages and bacon on sale so in all honesty, it made a lot and was economical, too.

Linda

False
  • Re: REC REV: Bacon Wrapped Smokies w/Brown Sugar and Butter

Good morning Linda, and a belated Merry Christmas to you. I've had those before where they weren't super sweet and did like them. Maybe there are similar recipes that don't have quite so much sugar. I still want to try the one my sis loves and wrap the lil' smokies in the crescent rolls and bake.

Thank-you for your review, bet my hubby would love these too, might just be a guy & kid thing...lol. Wow, 22,000 times, that's a lot!

False

Thank you Linda!   These would be a big hit here.   Already building my file for Super Bowl Sunday  :)  

False

Jolene--  http://jolenesrecipejournal.blogspot.com/

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it" -- Julia Child

I can see where these may be on the sweet side but good man food!  I'm like Jolene, always on the lookout for Super Bowl recipes. Thanks so much for posting.

Joan

False

Land of the Free....because of the Brave Click for Fort Worth, Texas Forecast

Proud Field Editor for Taste of Home for 16 years.

Thanks for peeking in here, Ladies.  The review should have just been keeper~everyone seemed to love them.   I made so many of those sausages when the kids were growing up, I think I just was burned out on them~but not them. And for the grandkids, all the recipes are new to them~lol

You are right about the food for the Super Bowl as I am sure these will be points for the home team...The way they were disappearing, I know I will be making them again.

Linda

False

Gm Everyone,  Hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas. Big Smile  Love super Sundays.

Linda, I have seen this one sooooooooooo many times. The presentation is wonderful. !

But in all honestly I thought they might be a tad sweet too.  I'd still love to give it a try.

Thanks for sharing your Candid Review ! I'll will work around it.  I was thinking about cutting hot dogs into thirds , therefore replacing the smokies? 

I just cannot get past that awesome photo !

Thanks Bunches

Janie

False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.

Janie, they look just like the picture, too.  The taste of the sausage sets it apart from hot dogs but it just might work. They sell those little tiny hot dogs like the tiny sausages.  There are about 34 or so sausages in a package so it makes a bunch. If your bacon is a smaller package, you might have to have some extra on hand. 

When I make them again, I do think I will cut back on the sugar just to see if all of it is necessary but again, that is just my opinion as everyone else thought they were great.

False

Morning Ladies and belated Merry Christmas Linda ! My guys would loves these and bet Max would even get a taste!

Thanks for sharing.

Linda

False

Yes Hey partner I  always cut and snip whenever I can. "  Just Because" .  It's  now become a Habit.

And I feel like I made it Slightly healthier. lol

I said Slightly !

Janie

False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.

lol-Thanks to the grandkids, Gracie gave it two paws up, too!

False

I bet Bob would love these......I think I'd cut down on the brown sugar too.  That picture sure does look good.

Thanks for sharing the link, Linda,

Carol

False

Hey Sis!!!

I think I could enjoy these. I just made a big jar of these sausages, pickled. They are a huge success. So smoky with a nice tang.

Might have to whip a batch of these up. I enjoy the combination of smoky/bacony/sweet/ idea.

Hope you had a fabulous Christmas.

Talk soon,

xoxo Redawna

False

Taste of Home Field Editor. Blogger & Photographer.  http://nutmegdisrupted.com/