My 2012 Christmas Cookie Tray | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

My 2012 Christmas Cookie Tray

Last post Dec 30, 2012 8:58 AM by carol1229 . 17 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 12
  • My 2012 Christmas Cookie Tray
    A belated Merry Christmas to all!  I had a busy weekend of baking so didn't get a chance to pop in.  I hope you all had a wonderful holiday.

Here's a photo of the cookie tray that went to NH this year.........

The cookies are: 

Gingerbread Men and Gingerbread Reindeer (dough contains instant gingerbread pudding mix)

Peppermint Snowflakes (dough contains instant candy cane pudding mix)

Rainbow Venetians

White Chocolate Kissed Gingerbread Cookies

Biscoff Cookies

Jingles Shortbread Cookies

Italian Cookies

Nutella Gooey Butter Cookies

The Italian Cookies and Rainbow Venetians are a mainstay on my Christmas Cookie tray-I've posted both recipes before.  The rest are new.

I'll do individual reviews as the days go on......right now I've gotta play catch up around here!

Carol
    False
  • Re: My 2012 Christmas Cookie Tray

What a beautiful tray and I am sure they all taste as lovely as they look.

False

What a pretty cookie tray!  This just might inspire me to really make cookies. I fall short in making a good cookie and need to master that art.

Thanks for sharing~Linda

False

Seems I am stalking !  lol

Carol, That tray could not be any prettier.  The different shapes and colors  are so festive and eye catching. Nice combos.  Thanks for sharing the  great looking assortment. All bases  look perfectly covered.

Janie

False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.

YUM! Boy, do those look SO good Big Smile The Rainbow Venetians are so much work but love them. Someone on the board put a recipe for them up a very long time ago and always wanted to try making them. The Gingerbread Men and Reindeer are adorable,almost to cute to eat.My cousin would love the Nutella Gooey Butter cookies and the Biscoff cookies. Can't wait for your R/R on them-maybe Bob will come up with more photos!

Thanks Carol for sharing and Bob for the photo!

Linda

False

My official screen name should be cookie monster so you can imagine my drooling all over the screen. They all look so great, and as someone(s) said they look so festive and pretty, and Linda saying they were almost to pretty to eat. Great job and thank-you for sharing this picture with us Carol!

False

So pretty!   Looking forward to your reviews Carol  :)   the Venetians and Italian cookies were staples when I was growing up too, brings back great memories!

Waving good morning to all- must go out and help clear off the cars so Tim can snowblow!

False

Jolene--  http://jolenesrecipejournal.blogspot.com/

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it" -- Julia Child

Hi Janice-thanks so much.  I was really happy with the recipes-both old and new-that I made this year.

Thank you Linda-I'll be posting the recipes for the new cookies in the next few days.  They were all hits and the dough for them can be made ahead and popped in the refrigerator-that was a real time saver for me!  Making cookies is right up there as one of my favorite things to do-that and bread making.

Hi Janie-I tried to cover all bases-the only one I missed was something with lemon....dang it, I ran out of time-AND energy.  That's OK-there was enough of a variety to keep everyone happy-and full. :)

You're so right Linda-those Rainbow Venetians are work but SO worth it.  I think the worst of those is getting those egg whites folded into the batter-an arm breaker for sure. That and getting that doggone batter spread in the pans-it's SO thin.....ugh.  Probably why I only make them once a year.....but I look forward to them.  They're a treat.  I'm no cookie decorator that's for sure but I did have fun with the reindeer-I was pleased with the way they turned out.  Wish I had people to eat cookies all through the year so I could practice piping the royal icing......it seemed to get easier as I went along......by the end of the snowflakes I wasn't doing that bad. Embarrassed  Bob and I thank you-and I'll be sharing the recipes over the next few days.

Thanks Jill-I love cookies too........I have so much fun baking a bunch of them for Christmas.

Hi Jolene-your Gram made the Venetians and Italian Cookies, right?  She didn't use anise though, right?  I know you said your Mom doesn't use anise when she makes pizzelles.  I guess anise is one of those love it or hate it flavors.

Just finished cleaning out about 5" of packed down snow and didn't the plow just go by.......ugh. The news said we got about 7 inches-it turned into rain when I was half way down the driveway........lovely.  My jacket is soaked and I just heard we may get MORE snow later......ARGH!!!!!!!

Time to make another hot cup of coffee and get ready for round 2.

Thanks for stopping by everyone,

Carol

False

Beautiful!

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

Carol, love your cookie tray. What colorful, yummy looking cookies.
    False

Land of the Free....because of the Brave Click for Fort Worth, Texas Forecast

Proud Field Editor for Taste of Home for 16 years.

Thanks so much Sue and Joan........Christmas is the time of year I really get the chance to play in the kitchen.  The hardest part for me is choosing what new cookie recipes I want to make from the pile I collect throughout the year.  Decisions, decisions.... Wink

Carol

False

carol1229
    I know you said your Mom doesn't use anise when she makes pizzelles. 

LOL  My mom doesn't use anise because her MIL did use it.  One of those passive aggressive things.   She only uses vanilla in her pizzelles.      My Dad's mom and her sister would work together to do all the desserts for Christmas- the pizzelles, venetians, italian cookies, totos, amaretti, little lemon tarts, I forget what else.   There was main dish food there too, but I only remember the desserts.   

We didn't make out too bad in the storm- no power for 3 1/2 hrs, about 6" between what first fell and what we got overnight.   Tim snowblowed once already, and will probably just have to run over the driveway edge where the plows came by this morning.

False

Jolene--  http://jolenesrecipejournal.blogspot.com/

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it" -- Julia Child

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I see!  :)  I love to swap out the extracts every so often-orange extract is wonderful in them with some freshly grated orange zest.  So isn't maple extract......and peppermint.........and lemon with some lemon zest.......and.........I bet.........caramel would be mighty tasty too.  I'm just sayin'.......Wink

Get that new machine of yours fired up and make some pizzelles, Jolene! 

Carol

False

Carol, kudos on your beautiful cookie tray! It is a wondeful, touching display of the love you have for your family and friends through the fruits of your labor.

False

I've been a lucky recipient of some of Carol's baking talent.  i love the way you decorated the cookies, they look great Carol!

False

There are some things that Money just cannot buy, Manners, Morals and Intelligence.