need help from cooks who know what they are doing | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

need help from cooks who know what they are doing

Last post Dec 30, 2012 5:47 PM by Alliea . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • need help from cooks who know what they are doing

my food chopper broke so for Christmas I asked for food processor-recieved 2-I was a good girl this Christmas the trouble is one is Cuisinart 11 cup and one is Oster 14 cup with 5 cup extra,what I want is something to chop

vegs and make salad an pie crust which one is the best never had one before

False
  • Re: need help from cooks who know what they are doing

Hi pecore-I have a Cuisinart food processor and LOVE it.  I don't use it as often as I probably should-now that I've rearranged the kitchen that should change.  It makes quick work of chopping onions, turkey and celery for turkey salad.......I've made pie crust in it quick as a wink.  Has a nice sturdy motor.....I'm very pleased with it.

I don't know much about Oster except I do have one of the old 5-in-1 mixer/blender/food grinder/chopper sets that sounds like a cement mixer (it is 26 years old though!) but still does the job.

I'd lean towards the Cuisinart, but that's just my opinion,

Carol

False

Cuisinart   Yes

False

Hi!  I went to Amazon and looked up both processors.

The Cusinart gets 4 stars.

• Ideal for making dough, slicing vegatables, shredding cheese, mincing garlic and herbs, mixing batters, emulsifying mayonnaise and more
    • 11-cup work bowl large enough for a family
    • Includes steel blade, dough blade, three slicing/shredding discs, spatula
    • Extra-large feed tube for larger food slices
    • Five-year full motor warranty, three-year limited entire unit warranty

Amazon.com

A perfect gift for new homemakers, the food processor has become an integral part of modern cooking, speeding up a multitude of processes, including kneading dough; slicing; chopping; shredding cheese, vegetables, and meat; mincing garlic and parsley; mixing batters; and emulsifying mayonnaise. Cuisinart's Pro Custom comes with an 11-cup work bowl; five basic attachments for slicing, shredding, chopping, mixing, and kneading; and also features two feed-tube options, one big enough to handle a whole potato. This processor comes with a compact cover for use when the feed tube isn't needed and a pulse control that allows the desired degree of fineness when chopping and puréeing. Remove the detachable stem for compact storage of discs. All the parts are dishwasher-safe and the motor base wipes clean. In addition, a custom-contoured spatula, a 50-page recipe booklet, and a 30-minute video designed to familiarize the new owner with the care and use of the food processor are included. --Victoria Jenkins

The Oster gets 5 stars

• 14 cup capacity work bowl with 5 cup mini chopping bowl, perfect for mixing, chopping, slicing, shredding, blending and much more
    • Continuous feed, wide-mouth feed tube slices whole fruits and vegetables
    • Stainless steel s-blade and reversible slice/shred disc stays sharp and cuts quickly
    • Powerful 500 Watt Motor
    • Convenient power cord storage compartment. stainless steel housing

Take your culinary skills to a new level with the Oster 14-Cup Food Processor. Powered by a 500 watt motor, this electric food processor makes sure that many of your cooking tasks - including chopping, blending and grinding - are done in minutes. With three speed settings, this chopper gives you complete control over the food being processed. The pulse control lets you ensure the food is not over-processed. Featuring an S-shaped stainless steel chopping blade, and a stainless steel slicing/shredding disc, this kitchen appliance can process food to perfection. It has a wide-mouth opening, so you can easily cut or chop large fruits and vegetables. This Oster food processor also comes with an additional 5-cup mini bowl, which is just right for your smaller food processing needs. 2-in-1 appliance! The Stainless Steel finish will look great on your counter-top and match your other kitchen appliances.

Hope this helps you!

False

AnnStar

I just got an Oster about two months ago and used it to make piecrusts for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It also came with an extra attachment blade that sits higher in the bowl and chops vegs. Havn't tried that one  yet but will use it this summer to make salads for picnics. So far, I love it! Hope this helps. Big Smile

False

THE AMERICAN'S CREED I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people, whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a Republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect Union one and inseparable, established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots scrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to suport its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect it's flag, and to defend it against all enemies. Proud member of The Daughters of The American Revolution

You know - I think either one would do what you want.  Both are great appliances and have great reviews.  The 14 cup capacity might be nice.

True

Online Community / Field Editor Manager

Feel free to reach out to me anytime!

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sue.stetzel@RD.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

Which food processor did you keep?

False

Cuisinart for sure. It would not be a contest here.

Many, many years of great use for both DS and me.

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009