How long does it usually take to boil boneless/skinless chicken breasts? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How long does it usually take to boil boneless/skinless chicken breasts?

Last post Jun 06, 2005 3:41 PM by buttergirl . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • How long does it usually take to boil boneless/skinless chicken breasts?
    how long does it usually take to boil boneless skinless chicken breasts (fairly thin ones) until they are done? also how much water do I need to boil them in or do I just need to cover them?
    False
  • RE: How long does it usually take to boil boneless/skinless chicken breasts?
    I think it usually takes around 20 minutes. I don't quite cover them with water. Sometimes have boiled them dry so I almost think better a little too much than not enough!
    False
    I put them in cold water, and time them for 20 minutes after the water comes to a boil. Even thick breasts are done by this time.

Margaret
    False

If your spirit is grateful and humble / your tongue won't constantly grumble.
    Don't boil them, bring to a boil and then simmer. They will be more tender, boiling makes them tough.
    False
    Oh my gosh,,,,I was gonna ask this ? this am because I needed to get some chicken done up for 2 recipes tomorrow. Anyway I think I did mine for about 20 mins also. I did some boneless chicken breasts and the big legs of meat aslo.
    I am making Chicken Manicotti (sp) and Mexican Chicken Lasanga.
    Never made these b4,,sure hope they turn out. I got the recipes from here.
    Anyone tried them? Are they good?

False
    Oh my gosh,,,,I was gonna ask this ? this am because I needed to get some chicken done up for 2 recipes tomorrow. Anyway I think I did mine for about 20 mins also. I did some boneless chicken breasts and the big legs of meat aslo.
    I am making Chicken Manicotti (sp) and Mexican Chicken Lasanga.
    Never made these b4,,sure hope they turn out. I got the recipes from here.
    Anyone tried them? Are they good?

False
    I like to simmer them in enough water to cover or maybe a little more and add a chicken bullion cube. Then when done and I use the chicken for whatever I'm doing, I have a nice portion of "stock" to make a little egg drop soup or noodle soup for a quick lunch. Just a way to waste not want not and it makes the chicken taste good too. You can add just a little onion while it simmers unless it will conflict with what you are putting the chicken in.
    False

"Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book." ~Author Unknown

I bring them to a boil, cover & remove from burner....let them sit, covered for 1 hour. Nice & tender.
    False
    I bring them to a boil, cover & remove from burner....let them sit, covered for 1 hour. Nice & tender.
    False
    I'm bumping this post for others to see.
    False