PCH Kitchen March 2014 | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

PCH Kitchen March 2014

Last post Mar 31, 2014 5:33 PM by Tomcatlover . 20 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 2 of 2 (21 items) 12
  • Re: PCH Kitchen March 2014

Hi ladies, been a lil while, just been busy is all, things going on and the washer going on the fritz, having to go to laundry mat cuts into house time you know. I went today and did some rugs while Kerry was putting new shocks in the washer, and then did a load of laundry to try it out, no smoke, hehe, thank goodness. Had to wait for the 4 shocks to come in and Kerry have a day off to work on it, now he has had to go into the office to do some work, will be home late, so I am drying the clothes and taking a break for a bit. Had left over catfish fillets from our dinner out last night, still tasty this evening. Made mandarin cakes yesterday, took 1/2 of Kerrys down to neighbors last night for a visit, few and far between anymore, I am kinda like a hermit, or in hibernation so much of the time here at the house. So it was nice to get out. You ladies are staying busy too, getting ready for warmer weather aren't we all! I bought some tomato plants the other day while out, but garden is to wet to get into and I am being cautious for the time being. Rushing it am I? hehe. Deery I was looking at ear wax cleaning kits at Wal mart today while looking at eye stuff, I am really having a issue with all these styes I have been getting and trying to clear up, it has been a tough battle, and I use the antibiotic every night religiously. Neighbor told me that old wives tale said to rub a cats tail over the stye! Yikes, what bacteria that would be, nope I have not used Clea's tail on my eye. I mowed a bit earlier this week and need to rethink doing that for a while, with stuff flying in the air, or find my more wrap around eye shades to wear for more safety, but yard sure looked better. Deery your St Pats dinner sounded good, I did not fix anything special. Kerry has been supporting rotation of troop units this month and I for one will be glad when it is over and someone else's turn, crazy things they do, or how they attempt to get them down, what a waste of man power and money. Well time for shot and meds, have a wonderful weekend everyone, prayers for all those in need. Hugs, Connie

False

Debbie: That turkey turned out good, and the broth and soup were good too. The recipe calls for rice, so I've always been using brown rice, since it is so much better for you.

Deery: I've been working on that purse (I'm sure you meant the one I mentioned). It is purple, with a variegated purple/lavender crocodile stitch all around the middle. I'm working on solid color of purple shoulder strap for it now. I used some of the solid purple on the bag, so it should be great. I'll put some denim-like material (from my son's old pants) for the bottom of the strap, since it wears on the wrong side so much. I'll sew the strap on, then sew the liner in the purse. I'm debating whether to take the time to sew a zipper in it, or just use Velcro.

Weather is still a roller coaster. It was warm last week, but under freezing the last few nights. It may rain a bit today too.

My sons are on Spring Break this week, but working more hours because of the extra time this week.

Great to chat!

Mary

False

Keep Smilin'! A good laugh- for any reason- will do anyone good!

Just wanted to mention that I'm going to Taste of Home Cooking School next week, about 30 min. away. We got the tickets by phone and they are sending them. I've never been to one before- sounds good.

Mary

False

Mary, how exciting to go to TOH cooking school. How was it?

Hi Gals, Son and DIL came last Monday evening. We had chicken and salad for dinner. DD and family came over to visit in evening. Wed. both families and I went to Family Fun Center. (Arcade) Had more things to do outside but it was rraining. Then we all went out to lunch together. Thur. we had dinner at DD. They left on Fri to go to Spokane WA area to visit DIL son and family. It was a great week visiting with both families together.  Other son may come this week with grandchildren. Maybe drive up from CA tomorrow. I have not heard from him yet to know for sure.

Wishing all a good week. Take care and stay safe and warm.

Hugs, Deery

False

As a deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you, O God. Psalm 42:1

Son just called. He is on his way today. Already in Oregon. Will get here this evening.   Big Smile

Deery

False

As a deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you, O God. Psalm 42:1

Deery: sounds great!

The cooking school is Thursday this week.

Mary

False