What to do with egg noodles? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What to do with egg noodles?

Last post Jan 21, 2007 7:56 PM by meadmilier . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • What to do with egg noodles?
    I have several packages of egg noodles and I haven't managed to use them up. I was wondering if you could make them tastes like those lipton boxed noodles or something?
    False
  • RE: What to do with egg noodles?
    I make a sauce for them sometimes. I melt a bit of butter and add some evaporated milk and parmesan cheese. I bring this to a boil and add a bit of garlic powder, salt, pepper and dried oregano. Then I mix in the noodles. I don't have any measurements I just make what I think we need. The parmesan cheese makes it thick.
    False
    Lots! There's a city in Michigan called Frankenmuth (a German town) that has all-you-can-eat chicken dinners and they serve the best buttered egg noodles around. Cook your wide egg noodles and drain; mix with a good amount of melted butter and top with finely-crushed butter crackers. This is a side dish to die for and because they're so fattening I make them only on special occasions.
    False
    SMOKED SAUSAGE NOODLE BAKE

1 lb. smoked sausage
    8 oz. uncooked medium or wide egg noodles
    2 tablespoons margarine
    ½ cup chopped onion
    ½ cup chopped celery
    1 can (17 oz.) cream style corn
    ½ cup sour cream
    ½ teaspoon salt
    dash black pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook noodles according to package directions. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion and celery until crisp tender. Combine noodles, onion, celery, corn, sour cream, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Pour into a buttered shallow 2-quart baking dish. Cut sausage into serving size pieces. Arrange noodles and push partially into noodles. Bake 40 minutes.
    False
    Here are a couple of good noodle recipes:

Kugel
    1 12 oz. package egg noodles
    6 onions, sliced
    1/8 cup of oil for frying
    salt and pepper t0 taste
    4 eggs
    1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
    paprika to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish. Cook noodles in salted boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes for until al dente (drain.) While noodles are cooking, cook onions in oil, in medium saucepan over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until brown and soft. In large bowl, mix noodles, onions, eggs, bread crumbs and salt and pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly. Pour into baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika. Sprinkle with oil, and bake 50 to 60 minutes until top is crispy and golden brown.
    This is good served as a side dish with roasted chicken or pot roast.

Noodle Pudding
    1 12 oz. package egg noodles
    3/4 cup white sugar
    3/4 cup raisins
    3/4 cup chopped pecans
    1 teaspoon salt
    4 eggs, beaten
    1/2 cup of butter
    1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook noodles for 8 to 10 minutes until al dente (drain.) In a large bowl, combine noodles, sugar, raisins, pecans, salt and eggs. Melt butter in a 8 x 12 inch baking dish. Tilt to coat the dish with the melted butter. Pour remaing butter into noodle mixture and stir. Pour noodle mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes until top is browned.

Both these recipes are very good!
    False
    False

My favorite thing to do with egg noodles is to serve this over them.

Left over roast; cut into small chunks
    onion, depending on how much you like
    flour
    milk

You take your cut-up roast and onions and saute them in some shortening or butter just until onions are translucent. Then sprinkle flour on top of this, stir and cook for about 1 minute. Pour milk over all and let cook until thickened. I'm sorry I don't have the exact measurements for the flour and milk, but I have never really measured any of this out before.
    Add salt& pepper to taste. Serve over buttered egg noodles.
    False
    bump for meritt
    False