To those of you who enjoy Joanna Lund's recipes... | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

To those of you who enjoy Joanna Lund's recipes...

Last post Aug 20, 2004 10:31 AM by Homestyle . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • To those of you who enjoy Joanna Lund's recipes...
    would you please share with me which one is your favorite. I have received permission from her to use a couple in our fundraising cookbook. I have my favorites but wondered what yours is.
    False
  • RE: To those of you who enjoy Joanna Lund's recipes...
    Her recipes are great. I haven't tried any recipe of hers that DH didn't love!

1. Grande Macaroni and Ham Bake
    2. Tommy's Cheesburger Turnovers
    3. Banana Split Pie
    4. Mexicalli Pie
    5. Mustard Coleslaw
    6. Cabbage Patch Chicken and Noodles
    7. Father's Classic Potatoe Salad

You forget these are healthy good for you recipes!

I have three of her cookbooks so if you need a recipe let me know.
    False
    Homestyle, thanks!

I have around 12-15 or more of her books autographed. I am going to start using her recipes this weekend. I would like to lose at least 50 pounds before she and I see each other again next July.
    False
    I will start using them too if you want to have a buddy! There is no reason not too use her recipes as we have to cook anyway. Would you like to sart next week with all JoAnn's recipes for dinner? No one here during the day for lunch so I just eat left overs from the night before. I say let's start with Mexicalli Pie and Mustard Coleslaw and Banan Split pie for Monday. You pick Tuesday!
    False
    I am at work leaving in a few minutes to head home. I will respond from home.
    False
    chocolate queen

how is she? I heard she had been ill. what a nice lady - always enjoyed seeing her on qvc.
    I have a few of her books - including her crockpot one. really nice soup recipes in there.

I like:

Simply Good Vegetable soup
    special chicken cacciatore
    Cookstove vegetable soup

good luck with the cookbook

kathy
    False
    Kathy, she is doing pretty good. She is ill but holding her own. :) She has lived much longer than the doctors thought she would.
    False
    oh my - I didnt know she was that ill. well I will certainly put her on my prayer list. she seems like such a nice, regular lady with a heart of gold. You can tell when she talks on qvc or by reading her books that there isnt a phony bone in her body. I really like her.
    False
    Smothered Steak and Onions (Joanna Lund)

This is a great recipe!

16 oz. ground 90% lean turkey or beef
    1/4 t. black pepper
    1 3/4 c. beef broth
    6 T. dried fine bread crumbs
    2 c. sliced onion
    3 T. all-purpose flour

In large bowl, combine meat, black pepper, 1/4 c. beef broth, and bread crumbs. Mix well with hands to combine. Using a 1/3 c. measure as a guide, form 6 patties. Place patties in a large skillet sprayed with butter flavored cooking spray and brown on both sides. Layer onion evenly over browned patties. In a covered jar, combine remaining 1 1/2 c. beef broth and flour. Shake well to combine. Pour broth mixture evenly over onion. Lower heat. Cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes. For each serving, place 1 patty on plate and evenly spoon onion sauce over top. Each serving equals:
    Diabetic Exchanges--2 meat, 1/2 veg, 1/2 starch

Sherry
    False

Faith is not demanding what we want; it is trusting God's goodness in spite of life's tragedies. Dave Branon

kathy, she is one of the sweetest most sincere people you would ever meet. When she was first diagnosed I sent her a card a week for around 6 months. She loved it. She also firmly believes in the power of prayer, and has been added to my church list various times.
    False
    I noticed on her website she has a cruise for Nov 27 - Dec 4, 2004 that you can sign up and go with her. I would love that!
    False