Recipe: Cuppa Cuppa Cuppa | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Recipe: Cuppa Cuppa Cuppa

Last post Sep 08, 2004 2:17 PM by salsarose . 14 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
  • Recipe: Cuppa Cuppa Cuppa
    Cuppa Cuppa Cuppa

1 cup of white sugar
    1 cup of flour
    1 cup of fruit cocktail in heavy syrup (do NOT drain)

Mix all of the ingredients (including the fruit cocktail juice) together well. Pour into a greased baking pan. Bake in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit
    oven about 15-20 minutes until brown and bubbly and gooey.

Cooking note: (You can use 1/2 cup of brown sugar instead of white sugar if you desire.)

Cooking Note: This recipe will be probably be good using peaches or any other type cobbler fruit.

Cooking note: You can serve Cuppa Cuppa Cuppa warm or you can serve Cuppa Cuppa Cuppa cool over ice cream.
    False

"Disabled And Proud!" Both me and my only child are SSA Registered-Certified Disabled PWDs. I was born in the state of California, in the county of Santa Clara, in the city of San José. ***In every woman there is a Queen. Speak to the Queen and the Queen will answer. - Norwegian Proverb***

• RE: Recipe: Cuppa Cuppa Cuppa
    Cute name!!! =)

Lori
    False

Looks like a good camping recipe.
    One question.Is that self rising flour or just plain?I was wondering about the absence of baking powder.
    Thank you for posting it.
    Rosie
    False

Wasn't this the one from Steel Magnolias?? I love that movie!

:)
    Jolene
    False

Jolene--  http://jolenesrecipejournal.blogspot.com/

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it" -- Julia Child

Hi Lori (GreenChili):

Yes, it is a very cute name. :-)

======================================

Hi Rosie (rosiewny):

You are welcome. :-)

I am not quite sure myself because I discovered the Cuppa Cuppa Cuppa recipe for the first time last night.

I also found out at the same time that the recipe came from the movie
    "Steel Magnolias".

You could experiment by using self rising flour one time and then use plain flour another time and then use the flour that gave you the best results.

======================================

Hi Jolene (JMartinelli13:)

I discovered the Cuppa Cuppa Cuppa recipe for the first time last night but the directions are my wording.

I did find out at the same time that the recipe came from the movie
    "Steel Magnolias".

I first read about the Cuppa Cuppa Cuppa recipe last night on Kitchen Chat and afterwards I did a Google search and discovered that there are more Cuppa Cuppa Cuppa recipes on the Internet that gives the same 1 cup ingredients.

What is the movie "Steel Magnolias" all about? I have never seen the movie before. :-)

False

"Disabled And Proud!" Both me and my only child are SSA Registered-Certified Disabled PWDs. I was born in the state of California, in the county of Santa Clara, in the city of San José. ***In every woman there is a Queen. Speak to the Queen and the Queen will answer. - Norwegian Proverb***

You have never seen Steel Magnolia's?!!! OMG - I could watch that movie over and over again. PLEASE rent this movie and watch it - it is a heartbreaker-but before it gets there, it's really funny too! Not going to tell you about it, but it has Dolly Parton, Daryl Hanna, Julia Robets, Sally Fields and another famous movie star that I can't remember her name right now.
    False
    Can't get easier. Thanks for sharing this. Beth
    False
    Is the other actress Shirley MacLane?
    False
    Hi grandchef:

That is right. :-)

It is extremely rare for me to go to a movie theater to see a movie.

My old VCR player finally went out on me so I do not have a VCR player any longer. The next one I get will be a VCR-DVD player.

Judging by your reaction of me not seeing "Steel Magnolia's:, it must be a very good movie to watch. :-)

False

Hi Beth (betheny):

You are welcome. :-)

False

Oh my gosh...Steel Magnolias has got to be one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE MOVIES. I loved all the ladies in it, they were just like friends. Can't say who was my favorite, maybe Shirley McLaine, she played Weezer (sp?)

You must see this movie! the other famous actress was Olympia Dukakis, she played Clariee.

Think I'll sit down and watch this tonight!!!

Jannalee
    False
    Could somebody give me a nutshell summery of the movie plot (storyline) of Steel Magnolia's???

Thanks In Advance! :-)
    False

PRCA

Nutshell summary of movie plot for Steel Magnolias???? Well, without giving the total storyline away:

It's a story of GRITS bonding, loving, fighting,laughing,and crying. It's wonderful movie about girlfriends and friendships.

A MUST SEE MOVIE. I know the movie and all the lines by heart, but I swear I cry each and every time I get to "that part"....

Jannalee
    False
    Hey, PRCA, When are we going to get crazy again?
    False
    nice name ..musical too..thanks
    False