What to do with left over sweetened condensed milk? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What to do with left over sweetened condensed milk?

Last post Dec 03, 2004 3:52 PM by Deannie . 28 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 12
  • What to do with left over sweetened condensed milk?
    Hi there, I made the milky way brownies this weekend. It only used part of the can. What can I do with the rest? Any ideas? Thanks in advance. K Ohio
    False
  • RE: What to do with left over sweetened condensed milk?
    You can make another batch for me! Sorry I really don't know what you can do with the rest but they sound great.
    False
    excellent question. Comes up all the time with various recipes!
    False
    I place the remaining in the freezer....It works great!
    Cookiedough
    False
    Mix in a blender with fresh fruit, your choice, & ice cubes to make a drink called a cinto. (I've no idea if that is spelled correctly!)
    Kind of like a smoothie.
    False
    Not sure how much condensed milk that you have left but an idea is to mix the condensed milk with grapes ( green and red) and chopped pecans. Best if you have time to chill. A lady from my church makes this and it is always a hit at potlucks! Hope this helps.
    False
    Spread some on toast instead of jelly.

KY Kate
    False
    Feed it to the cat? I don't know what to do with leftovers, but a well traveled College friend taught me this one. I think it comes from Columbia.
    Remove the paper from a can of sweetened condensed milk. DO NOT OPEN IT. Put it in a stock pot full of water and boil it for about an hour. After the can is cooled open it to the most rich creamy caramel sauce you have ever tasted. It is quite thick and could pass for a very rich pudding. It is great on chocolate cake. I store it in a plastic container in the frig, but it usually dissapears, one spoonful at a time.
    False
    K.Ohio...if you use CandyK's revised recipe, you use the entire can of condensed milk. I really like the new version better. It is made with butter flavored Crisco.

Another thing we do is to use the condensed milk to top snow cones. This is wonderful.

Fratz
    False
    Stir some chocolate into it and pour it in your coffee?
    False
    Connie Visit my blog at: Boondock Babble
    Freeze what is left over, and put a tablespoon or two in a bowl of hot oatmeal. I keep it frozen to sweeten oatmeal. Would probably do well with cream of wheat and malt-o-meal as well.
    False
    I read on one of the past posts that someone just uses the whole can in the brownies, and no difference. I am going to try it next time.
    False
    Wow great. I think I will try some of these. Maybe put it in the freezer and eat it a spoon at a time. Next time I will try Candykisses recipe and use the whole thing. I guess I just printed the recipe and never looked for a review. Thanks everyone! K Ohio
    False
    Yes I use the whole can for the brownies too!
    False
    I made a whole list of things to do with condensed milk. Guess I was bored LOL.

Connie nicely posted it here.

http://www.lharrington.com/TOH/tohdewey.htm

Deweydecimal :)
    False
    Deweydecimal "Imagination is intelligence having fun!"