cake with jello and icing with ;instatnt pudding and cool whip | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

cake with jello and icing with ;instatnt pudding and cool whip

Last post Sep 10, 2004 9:01 PM by ajmom . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • cake with jello and icing with ;instatnt pudding and cool whip
    years ago my son loved a cake made with a white cake mix and holes into to cooked cake filled with jello...the icing was cool whip and vanilla instant pudding....any help for me?
    False
  • RE: cake with jello and icing with ;instatnt pudding and cool whip
    http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,186,153174-229201,00.html
    False
    JELLO - POKE CAKE

1 white cake mix
    1 sm. (4 oz.) Jello mix, any flavor
    8 oz. Cool Whip
    1 c. boiling water
    1/2 c. cool water
    Make cake according to package directions. Cool cake 20 minutes. Using utility fork poke cake at 1/2 inch intervals. Make Jello using 1 cup boiling water and 1/2 cup cold water. Pour Jello slowly over cake covering all holes. Chill 3 - 4 hours. Spread with Cool Whip.

False
    Here's another topping idea that has the Cool Whip and instant pudding.

SMOOTH 'N CREAMY FROSTING

4-serving box instant Jello pudding mix, any flavor
    1/4 c. powdered sugar
    1 c. cold milk
    8oz Cool Whip

Combine pudding mix, powdered sugar and milk; beat about 1 minute. Fold in Cool Whip. Spread on cake. Store frosted cake in fridge.
    False
    Check out Cubbybear's Orange Dreamsicle Cake - it uses jello over cake; sounds really good!
    False
    I like to make it with Strawberry Cake Mix and Strawberry Jello or Strawberry-Banana Jello.

For the topping, I use one small box of instant pudding and pie filling and use only 1/2 of the milk called for on the box. I mix that well and then fold in the Cool Whip.

KY Kate
    False
    A friend of mine makes this with a white cake mix,cherry Jello, Cool Whip for the topping,and then adds a can of cherry pie filling right on top of the cool whip. It is very good and very festive looking.
    False