Copycat Biscuit Recipes 4U | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Copycat Biscuit Recipes 4U

Last post Jun 05, 2007 2:39 PM by LuLufrYork . 13 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
  • Copycat Biscuit Recipes 4U
    Hardees Biscuits
    4 c. self-rising flour
    1 tbs. sugar
    1 tbs. baking powder
    2 cups buttermilk
    2/3 c. shortening

Preparation:
    Mix together, but do not knead. Roll out to 1" thick. Cut and brush tops with additional buttermilk. Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.

KFC Type

2c. flour, 1/4t. baking soda, 1T. baking powder, 1t. salt, 6T. lard, 3/4c. buttermilk.

Sift the dry ingredients and cut in the lard. Add buttermilk and lightly knead, then knead for 1 minute more. Roll out onto a lightly floured surface and cut with a biscuit cutter or glass. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes on 400.

I have to make up a batch of biscuits, gravy and hashbrowns for breakfast tomorrow where I work. I am not a cook there, but it is part of my job to make meals.
    False
  • RE: Copycat Biscuit Recipes 4U
    now if I just knew how Hardee's makes their sausage gravy. It's not like any of the recipes I have gotten here. Drives me crazy! Tippytoes
    False
    False

I don't know how Hardees makes their gravy but I know how I make mine and my family likes it. Hope you will too
    I think Jimmy Dean sausage is about the best. I buy it in the pound rolls. I slice about half of the roll for my fam. of 3. Put in a frying pan and fry it until its brown on both sides. You should have quite a bit of grease in your pan when you finish frying. Then take it out of the pan and with a flat surface like a spatula squeeze all the juice and grease out of the sausage back in your pan. Put about 2 tablespoons of flour, salt and pepper to taste in the grease. Stir real good so it won't be lumpy then crumble up the sausage and add it back to your pan. Put about one and one half to two cups of milk in your pan. Stir with a fork bringing it to a boil. Boil until thick. Serve over hot home made biscuits with a couple of eggs and a cup of coffe.I guarantee its as good as Hardees.
    False
    My husband loves biscuits & gravy but our local Hardee's closed. Will have to try these recipes. Thanks for posting them!!!!!!
    False
    Libby's puts out sausage gravy in a can that tastes just like McDonalds. My husband happened to see this is the Dollar Store here for $1.00, you just heat & eat. Try it. I'm sure it isn't as good as Shine's homemade one but it is good. Just buy a bag of frozen biscuits, or Grands bake & serve the gravy over it. Fast

Davarenee
    False
    Does anyone have the recipe for Bojangles Biscuits? I love those.
    False
    Thanks luvz and shjnc! Hardee's biscuits and gravy breakfast was a staple for me in the summer of '88...my co-workers would rotate as to who would make the daily Hardee's run. It took me about six months to work off my summer chub from the biscuits and gravy! I must have been insane to eat that 2-3 days a week, but gosh it was good! :) I'll have to try your recipes sometime as a very special treat. Thanks for the KFC biscuit recipe, too.
    False
    Downonthefarm,
    Our Hardee's are all closed now, too. :(
    False

Bojangles Biscuits

Makes 10 to 12 biscuits
    2 cups self-rising flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    2 teaspoons confectioners’ sugar
    1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening (such as Crisco)
    1-1/2 cups buttermilk
    Melted butter, about 1/4 cup

Sift together the flour, baking powder and confectioners’ sugar. Cut in the shortening until pieces are about the size of grains of rice. Stir in the buttermilk (you may need less buttermilk; start with 3/4 cup and add more as needed).

Knead a few times, roll out on a floured board or countertop to 3/4-inch thickness. Be careful not to work the dough too much or add too much flour, or you’ll have dry biscuits. Cut with an oversized biscuit cutter (about 3 inches). Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, brush tops with melted butter and bake about 12 minutes in a preheated 450-degree oven.
    If the dough starts to get sticky.Don`t roll.Flour you hands and pat the dough out.

I have`nt made this recipe.Let me know what you think :)
    Rosie
    False

Our Hardees closed as well and our Just-rite a long time ago. We had a Ponderosa and it closed down. These were good eating places for families and pretty reasonable on the purse.
    False
    False
    bump
    False
    I totally agree...Hardees biscuits and gravy...the very best...will make a dog break a chain....LaVerne☺☺
    False