How can I improve a box of brownies? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How can I improve a box of brownies?

Last post Sep 23, 2004 8:50 AM by lulabell . 22 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 12
  • How can I improve a box of brownies?
    I have a last minute meeting at church, and I want to bring some brownies. I don't have everything I need to make homemade ones, so how can I "jazz up" a box of brownie mix?

Thanks!
    Donna40
    False

Please be kind to animals.       Trust everyone, but always cut the cards.

• RE: How can I improve a box of brownies?
    Add some chocolate chips to them.
    False
    Maybe a nice chocolate frosting.
    False
    Mix up brownies as directed. In separate bowl, combine 1/2 c. sugar, one 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened, and one egg. Mix well and add to brownie mix. Swirl cream cheese mixture into brownie mix for marbled brownies. Enjoy!
    False
    To be really decadent, you can frost the brownies with chocolate frosting after they cool!
    False
    Turtle Brownies, pour half of the mix in a 9x13 baking pan then microwave some Marzetti Carmel apple dip (about 1½ cups) and pour over the batter, sprinkle some nuts over this and top with the rest of the brownie batter. Bake like you would for brownies. You might want to ice them also. These are sooo good.
    False
    Sprinkle with a mix of chocolate chips and white chips.

Sprinkle the top with M&M's.

Swirl caramel in.
    False
    Thank you all for some fantastic ideas. I am copying all of them. Yummy!

Donna40
    False

Please be kind to animals.       Trust everyone, but always cut the cards.

MILKY WAY BROWNIES:

Serves: 12-15
    Source: Lisa
    Effort: easy
    Comments: These are some of the best brownies I have ever eaten. They are so very easy to make also. Only problem is staying out of them.

INGREDIENTS:
    1 pkg. German Chocolate Cake Mix
    3/4 c. melted margarine
    2/3 c. Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
    1 bag (13 oz.) Milk Way Miniatures, chopped

INSTRUCTIONS:
    Mix cake mix, margarine and Eagle brand milk together. In 9x13 pan spread 1/2 mixture. I sprayed the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
    Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
    Sprinkle chopped Milky Ways over top of mix. Take remaining mix and drop randomly over milky Ways.
    You do not need to smooth it out.
    Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
    This is the recipe from Candykisses and it rocks.
    False
    you can also make them into awsome chocolate cookies
    mix in the brownie mix
    1/2 cup margarine melted
    1 egg
    2 tbs. water
    1 cup chocolate chips
    mix together until moistend shape into balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet bake@350 for 9-12 min or until they are as set as you like cool 2 min before removing from sheet enjoy with a glass of cold milk
    ewak
    False
    Peppermint patty brownies -- just make according to the box directions. Spread half the batter in the prepared pan, layer out York Mini Peppermint Patties on top, and then carefully add the rest of the batter. Bake as usual. When you cut, there's a little bit of a peppermint patty in each piece :)
    False
    add chopped nuts, chopped cherries, cherry juice, almond extract, chopped caramels, coconut, cherry chips, butterscotch chips, candy bars chunked, etc.
    False
    °º·¤.¸¯`°º·¤.¸¯`°º·¤.¸ ♥ ¸.¤·º°´¯ ¸.¤·º°´¯ ¸.¤·º°
    ~~ CELEBRATE YOUR FREEDOM
    AND THANK AN AMERICAN SOLDIER!!! ~~
    ¸.¤·º°´¯ ♥ ¯`°º·¤. ♥♥~♥♥¸.¤·º°´¯ ♥ ¯`°º·¤.
    ¤·º°´¯ ¸.¤·º°´¯ ¸.¤·º°´¯ ♥ ¯`°º·¤. ¸¯`°º·¤. ¸¯`°

My secret ingredients is "Toasted Coconut" . . . it adds a gourmet touch to brownies. I sometimes frost them with chocolate frosting too and sprinkle a little toasted coconut on top.

I found a brand of brownie mix that tastes so similar to my homemade brownies that I use them all the time. And it is so economical too.
    False
    WAs soon as you take the brownies out of the over spread a can of chocolate frosting on top. It will melt into the brownies as well as glazing the top. They will be very rich and fudgy.
    False
    Was thinking the same as DillyDo.
    Or you could spread a raspberry filling and swirl throughout the dough before baking.
    False