What sells the best at a bake sale? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What sells the best at a bake sale?

Last post Oct 04, 2004 6:59 PM by Kelo . 24 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 12
  • What sells the best at a bake sale?
    I am baking for a bake sale at our church. What have you found sells the best? I have thought about apple dumplings, coffee cakes, & pies.

What is the tried & true best seller?

Jan
    False
  • RE: What sells the best at a bake sale?
    Who can resist brownies or pumpkin pies? Or peanut brittle?
    False
    CK: I can resist all three, Brownies are toosweet, same with Brittle and I am not a pie person.
    People also love home made bread, it is always a hit.
    Grelo
    False
    Brownies, cookies, cupcakes, rice krispy treats & bar cookies like 7 layer bars are all good!
    :)
    Ellen
    False
    Try these: chocolate dipped-pretzels, muffins, quick breads and monkey bread (usually best right out of the oven, but still sells). Good luck at your sale!

Kim
    False
    This time of year Pumpkin Bread is a great seller.

Personally, I love Lemon Bars.
    False
    Homemade cinnamon rolls always seem to go first at our church bake sales!

Judyfish
    False
    Wow, thanks for all the suggestions. I forgot about bread. I know someone is already making brownies, banana and pumplin breads and cookies. I didn't even think about britles or chocolate covered pretzels.

I'm open for your best seller too.

Thanks
    False
    Will there be kids there? My DD just had a fundraiser bake sale at school. I made Happy Face Cookies on a Stick. She said they sold very fast. Here's how I made them:

CHOCOLATE CHIPPERS

1 cup butter or margarine, softened
    1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
    2 eggs
    1 tsp vanilla
    2 cups flour
    1/4 cup cornstarch
    3/4 tsp salt
    1 tsp baking soda
    2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla.
    Stir in dry ingredients. (The dough looked a little too soft, so I added 1/2 - 3/4 cup oats) Stir in chocolate chips. Roll into large balls. Place on cookies sheet. Stick popsicle stick into the middle of ball. Flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Do not overbake, just till edges start to get golden brown.

When cool, stick on 2 M&M's with a dab of icing for eyes. Make smiles with red icing in a tube. (an icing that will harden when it dries, not the gel type)
    False

Dowie,

The chocolate chippers sound so cute. And you share the recipe too. Thanks.
    False
    We had a bake sale for my ds classroom trip and I made teddy bear cookies, cookies on a stick, seven layer cookies, peanut butter fudge, chocolate fudge, oatmeal candy, and any kind of homemade suckers. I am sure there was more but my mind is not working. LOL! At our table the seven layer cookies sold out first.

susiehomemaker
    False
    Everything! LOL! From experience at my work pies for sure then brownies and fudge....the jar mixes have gone over great too.
    Dee
    False
    hello jan
    we found that our bake sales if we make some differnt sized loafs of bread and pies they sell great with the eldery and other familys to ours is the homemade breads cakes and drink mixes were a hit
    ewak
    False
    Glad I stumbled on here today as I have a bake sale coming up in a couple of weeks and never seem to feel creative in what I take. Love the suggestions you shared.
    False
    I posted this suggestion on another post for someone that was wanting to make something for a bake sale.
    I used to make cream puffs. They will sell so very fast. They always sold fast at our girls softball team's bake sales.
    Just be sure to fill them with a filling that doesn't need refrigerated. Believe me, they do sell quickly!
    Nancy
    False