Question about using Crisco butter flavor instead of butter/margarine | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Question about using Crisco butter flavor instead of butter/margarine

Last post Oct 02, 2004 4:11 PM by Ann_Marie_PA . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • Question about using Crisco butter flavor instead of butter/margarine
    I bought some Crisco butter flavored shortening...can I use that in place of the butter or margarine called for in a cookie recipe???

Thanks!!
    Ann
    False

• RE: Question about using Crisco butter flavor instead of butter/margarine
    I would say yes, most definitely. There are generally cookie recipes on the three stick packs that I have bought. I especially like the one for chocolate chip cookies. Most of the margarines anymore do not have enough fat, which makes for a very flat cookie, and with Crisco I have not had that problem. Some times I use part butter and part Crisco. Good luck! :)
    False
    It depends on the recipes. Some recipes that call for butter only, I wouldn't even try.
    False
    If it calls for butter only I use real butter, otherwise I use the crisco shortening. My husband likes a soft cookie and this helps give me that kind of texture.
    False
    Thank you all for the help and advice. I rarely buy stick butter/margarine...we don't use it often enough. Much rather use the Crisco shortening.

Ann
    False