Ot ~BB's Pet Board~ | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Ot ~BB's Pet Board~

Last post Dec 07, 2012 10:25 AM by LagarL . 112 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 2 of 8 (113 items) 12345Last >
  • RE: Ot ~BB's Pet Board~
    We have 4 furbabies - 3 of them are outside dogs, but my new baby is a riot! Keep in mind that we have only had her a week. She acts like a cat. She has 2 hard plastic balls that she loves to play with. She bats them all over the place and chases them and then pounces on them like a cat! We were watching Jurassic Park (SP) the other night and when the dinosaurs came on and made noise, she stopped whatever it was she was doing and parked her little fanny in front of the tv and watched. A couple of times, it got pretty loud and she came running to "mama" wanting to be picked up and protected! I'm sure I'll have more stories to share the longer we have her! This is a fun thread!
    False
    Sierra is 7 yrs old (same age as my DS). Sierra is part cat. Her favorite perch is on top of the back of the couch (mind you she is almost 70 lbs). She is also very graceful and can leap right over the couch.

Terra is 9 yrs old and still acts like a puppy. She LOVES people and attention. When my DS and his friends play in the backyard Terra will play tag. She has also climbed the stairs on my DS's fort (its like a climbing wall-the stairs are plastic rocks at an angle) she then gets down by going down the slide!!!!!!!!!
    False
    We have a petite Cocker Spaniel named Dixie and she has a little boyforiend named Copper. When we go for a walk, she barks to alert him she's coming about a block before we get there. He meets her and they sniff each others' butts, nose to tail, and they spin madly around for about a minute. Then they stop and sniff each others' noses. If Copper gets too frisky and familiar, Dixie will sit down flat on her butt and glare at him. Then he'll feel guilty and come and kiss her all over her muzzle. She never kisses him back, but she allows him to kiss her.

Our little Dixie will kiss anyone if they make kissing sounds around her - she's so adorable!

She also watches TV and will bark at it when the other dogs bark 'at' her. Her favorite spot in the house is her bed in the front bay window - she has a view up and down the street, and she'll even sleep there. At night she sleeps with us in bed - she'll drape herself around one of our heads and snore like crazy. She's a doll - wouldn't be without her now!
    False
    Stimpy Click for Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin Forecast
    My cat is my child. I swear she has as much personality as a real child that you can count on your taxes. Boca is 11 and she is a grey/black tabby. She loves to play. She will run down the hall, look at my husband and then run back. If he doesn't get up and chase her, she will continue until he does. When he does decide to play chase, they chase down the hall, get to the end, then turn around and the other one is chased. They do this forever. Of course, when she does something wrong, she is referred to as "my daughter". When she's cute, she belongs to him.

One night he accidentally kicked her off the bed. She jumped back up and bit his foot. Then she was purposely kicked off. At that point, she jumped back up, marched to my side of the bed and began to meow very loudly. It was like she was telling on him.

Just for the record, the cat has been around longer than the DH. He and I had dated in college, but had gone our separate ways. When we caught back up, I wasn't sure if I was interested. he came to the apartment one night and she instantly fell in love with him. She had never acted so friendly to any guy I had ever dated before. It was almost like she was saying, "Oh Mom, I like this one. Can we keep him?" Boca got her wish and we've been married 15 months now!

Micki
    False
    Click for Cancun, Mexico Forecast
    Hi All-Boy is this a cute thread. I am owned by a large brown mutt called Poncho. He is also the mascot of the Cookin' Seniors thread on the board.

A rather sad story of how he came into our lives. We were traveling back from North MS to the AL Gulf Coast back in March. We had stoped at a vacent country story on a back road to let my old Peakaneese out to go potty. This small brown lively puppy with large feet came running out of the doorway. Planted himself in front of DH and looked at him as if to say, "Whee you came back for me!! I knew I was irrisistable. Oh you didn't leave me, but anyway take me home with you!!" Needless to say, he picked him up and gave him to me.

We have a new dog now that runs our lives and is always doing adorable things. We have chickens and he is best friends with a big red rooster. They have a wonderful time with the rooster on one side of the fence and Poncho on the other play fighting.

I will come back with more Poncho stories later. I have a novel full of them. As I said he runs our lives.

Zora and Poncho
    False

On the beautiful Alabama Gulf Coast!

This is better then a soap opera ! The board is raining dogs and cats. and one fish.OOps can't forget the bird! There is an awful lot of talanted furbabies out there. Let me bring you up to date so far as to the talent out there. So far I see a dog that likes to wear clothes, a dog that goes on treasure hunts, a dog that sings, a dog that acts like a sheriff,a dog that chases cats,a dog that loves to beg,A dog that plays tag team, a dog with a real romantic, lady and the tramp story,a matchmaker , and I forgot to mention,my cat boxes. And the winner is the fish that belongs on animal planet because it swims upside down,so All of the dogs can watch her on tv. There thay can all howl and sing together. Did you bb members realize all the talent out there ? Now let me think of what my horses can do? ~Janie~P.S. let's hear of some wonderful stories about Cory.
    False
    Well Janie you done good lady!! This has been so much fun reading about everyone's furbabies!!

Our Sonnie is part husky he has the most beautiful blue eyes took a picture of him in front of the morning glories (blue ones) and his eyes really came out good in the pic!
    False
    I am glad everyone is enjoying this post. There is so much stress in our everyday life, and animals are such comforters that I thought completely off topic would enlighten a lot of people. The list is growing, so now I have to add a chicken chaser. ~Janie~
    False
    Burt the Pig (Part 1)

How about a pig? ƒº When still in college I was selling encyclopedias door-to-door for some extra cash. While driving down a back road I saw the strangest sight in the field¡KA pig with a peg leg. That being a first for me, I stopped to check it out. Soon a tall, lanky farmer walked up and asked, ¡§Can I help you?¡¨
    I said, ¡§Yes, could you tell me about the peg-legged pig.¡¨
    ¡§Why that¡¦s Burt.¡¨ said the farmer, ¡§He¡¦s the greatest pig in the world.¡¨
    ¡§How did he get a peg-leg?¡¨ I asked.
    ¡§Let me tell you a story about Burt,¡¨ he said. ¡§One night the house caught fire. Of course, my family and I were all asleep. Well, Burt smelled the smoke and saw the flames and knew that weren¡¦t right. So, ol¡¦ Burt busted out of pen, busted through the screen door, ran upstairs, and oinked us all awake. We were able to save our hides and the house. Yep, Burt¡¦s the greatest pig you¡¦ve ever seen in your life.¡¨
    ¡§That¡¦s incredible,¡¨ I said, ¡§but how did he get a peg leg?¡¨
    ¡§I¡¦ll tell you another one about Burt,¡¨ the farmer said with pride.
    ¡§Once, in the spring of the year, my three young¡¦uns were down by the creek playin¡¦. Since we had a lot of rain, the creek was swelled up pretty good. Well, my youngest son fell in the water. He couldn¡¦t swim, so he was in some pretty serious trouble, bouncin¡¦ along in the current and goin¡¦ under from time to time. Burt saw what had happened and knew that just weren¡¦t right. So ol¡¦ Burt busted out of the pen, ran across the field, and jumped straight into the water¡KNow Mister, you know how pigs hate water¡Kbut ol¡¦ Burt he jumped right in, grabbed my boy by the nape of the neck and pulled him out of the creek. Saved his life fer sure¡KYep, Burt¡¦s the greatest pig in the world.¡¨
    By now I was becoming convinced that Burt was indeed the greatest pig But my curiosity still had the best of me. ¡§That¡¦s fantastic,¡¨ I said, but how did Burt get a peg leg.¡¨
    False
    Burt the Pig (Part 2)

“Let me tell you another story,” said the farmer.
    “No, just tell me how he got that peg leg,” I insisted.
    “Oh, well,” the farmer mused, “you don’t think we’d eat a great pig like Burt all in one sittin’, do ya? Suppers almost ready. Ya might as well come on in and sup with us.”
    So I did. Burt was the best tasting pig I ever had. Not only that, the farmer had a beautiful daughter just about my age. To make a long story short, we fell in love got married, and have been together for 31 years.
    Yep, I have to agree with the farmer. Burt WAS the best pig in the world!
    False
    We have a mini doxie. (He's name is Cinnamon) He's 12 yrs. old, And still acts like he's still a puppy. He loves to play ball. He knows the difference between a ball, Bone, And his little stuffed bunny. When I get "things" ready for his bath, He will grab a ball and take off running through the house, I think he's thinking we're "playing a game", lol. If I'm in a hurry to give him a bath, I will get "things" ready then go and get him. He knows what a carrot is, He loves those little baby carrots, Sometimes I will give him a few, He knows what cheese is, I will give him alittle piece once in awhile. He watches tv sometimes if there is an animal on there, Espcially if it's a dog, He will bark sometimes or growl. He is so funny sometimes. He even knows what a grasshopper is, I told him one day, There was a grasshopper, (I had him outside on his leash) To this day, He loves to find a grasshopper out in the yard, He likes to play with them lol. He know what the word bye bye means, He loves to go with us when we go somewhere, Sometimes we will take him with us to my mom's house. DH and I call him our little human, LOL!
    Deb:)
    False
    I have a male Australian Shepherd named Bernie that turns 6 months old tomorrow. Well, 6 months is the age that my vet starts neutering pups, so I called to get Bernie an appointment to get snipped. His name was never mentioned during the phone call and he's never done this before, but during the whole conversation he was on my lap and trying to put his head between me and the phone receiver. You'd almost think that he knew what the phone call was about.
    I really, really hate doing this to him, but if it will help curb future aggresiveness and straying and marking his territory, then I guess that I'll be there by his side while he has to go through it.

John
    False

John

John

“Then He'll call me some day to my home far away, where His Glory forever I'll share.”
    I feel like DR. Ruth on this one!
    John, have no worries you are definately doing both you and him a favor. The problem is that he just doesn't know it. The operation wll be good for both of you ,think of all of the lady frustrations he will not have. It will absoultely mellow him out and you will be the only one he will be thinking about. You 2 will have a much better bonding.Some of the agression could just be a puppy thing. Usually males have a little more. Well let us know how you make out. Good Luck to both of you.The bb pet board will be checking on you. Now that will be a cyber dinner for tomorrow. ~Janie~
    False
    I have many stories about some of my former owners:

Jakie, a black longhair of "friendly parents" breeding, used to have a "protection racket" in the neighborhood my family lived in from 1965-1976 (he might've lived there longer, but my family had to move to Milwaukee). He used to have four trained Doberman Pinscher guard dogs, a trained German Shepherd guard dog and an untrained mutt completely terrified of him. He used to jump on their backs, tease them a bit, then jump off, landing roughly 1 1/2 inches beyond their reach and watch them hang themselves trying to reach him.

My mother once was putting laundry away as the next owner, Daisy Jane, slept in one of my dresser drawers. My mother reached into the drawer, felt something warm, furry and breathing steadily, then let out a scream that my older brother heard five blocks away in school. (cont.)
    False
    When DB got home, DM asked him to look in my dresser to see if there was anything in there (she meant a mouse or a rat or something like that.) DB went upstairs, opened my dresser drawer and replied, "Yes, there is." After my mother finished that scream, he continued, "Daisy Jane." (Daisy was a gorgeous calico shorthair.)

Black Sabbath (my sister just wasn't that creative when it came to naming felines she got) was a rescue (her queen's person threw the queen and the entire litter out a car window and only two kittens survived.) They were roughly 4 weeks old when they were rescued. Black Sabbath would hide in my DB shoes (he wears a size 14 EEE) until she felt comfortable enough to be around someone. One year, DB held a Christmas party where only two of the guests showed up, one was his fiancee, the other was a classmate of his. When the fiancee showed up, Black Sabbath was nowhere to be found, but as soon as the classmate pulled up to the corner, the black shorthair had her paws perched on the mechanism that swung the screen door open/shut. She didn't leave the classmate's side the entire time the lady was there and the moment she started her car's engine, Black Sabbath was nowhere to be found. (cont.)
    False