Ot ~BB's Pet Board~ | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Ot ~BB's Pet Board~

Last post Dec 07, 2012 10:25 AM by LagarL . 112 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 3 of 8 (113 items) 12345Last >
  • RE: Ot ~BB's Pet Board~
    Shadow Kibblesbane, another black shorthair (I adopted him from the Wisconsin Humane Society) was basically a walking furred medic/triage nurse. You could tell who was in need of medical attention asap by who he spent the most time with on a particular day. Before my mother was diagnosed with cancer the first time, he spent a lot of time with her. My DB thought it was because she had a cold she couldn't seem to shake, but it turned out that she had some small tumors in her lungs (she survived that bout of cancer, but lost the second round of the war.) Shadow also would express his grief out of the first floor bathroom window (he had a weird cry that penetrated your bones.) He also waited for me after a couple of teenage boys tried to rob me at gunpoint, not leaving my side except when I had to go with the police or when he felt that I was okay.

Sidhe
    False
    I have two male black and tan tiger striped cats. Tiki and Bubba. Tiki is 8 and is pretty mellow, doesn't care for the 3 year old Bubba much. Bubba is such a character! He wears a collar with a little bell on it and I swear he shakes his head all the time just so it will ding. He follows me all over the house like a dog, sits on the computer desk while I'm online and rests his head on the keyboard and stretches out his paw to try and touch my hands as I type. His whiskers curve upwards like a handbar mustache instead of downwards. He loves to play golf like my dh... he swats around his own golf ball on the kitchen floor. When I'm doing my pilate excercises he is on the floor with me trying to lick my face as I am sweating away, trying to excercise. LOL I could go on and on... he is the cat love of my life!
    False

We have four house dogs. All have great stories. Our smallest (in size) is a Yorkie named Sophie. We have several squirrels in our neighborhood. They run and play among the trees and really like our pecan trees. Sophie likes to run the squirrels back up the tree. She isn't much bigger than they are and I think the squirrels have figured out she's all movement and bark. We can ask her if there is a squirrel, and she begins whining and crying, jumps down and runs to the tree, looking up and barking in her cute little bark. She recognizes the word squirrel and will run to look even if we mention the word. She also knows there are squirrels at her human Grampa's and has to check every time we visit. Such a tiny little warrior! Her pug brother runs along with her but I think he likes scaring away the birds that might be at the feeders. It's really hard to stop talking about the "kids" as everything just reminds you of another story. This is fun.
    False
    Thanks again for all of these delightful, wonderfull stories, funny stories.These stories just goes to show us all , that animals certainly are not dumb.They play such an important role in our lives, that I can't imagine never having any. ~Janie~ Glad to see more Kitties on board,but I think it's a dog gone board!
    False
    Well Janie I said it before and I'll say it again...You done good!! and it seems to give everyone a break from their day, talking about something they absolutely adore!

Thought we'd see more bird people though.
    False
    Yea, Cittie. What's with that? I talked about this last night with hubby and he got a kick out of it. I really likes the way you said your dog sings, and the fish that swims upside down, The chicken one was fonny too! Just like to have a good laugh once in a while, as there are so many serious and sad things on the board. I really hoped to hear from coreys owner and Penny owner with her health issues several days ago. Maybe I'll pull this thread up once in a while when it runs out. Just in case someone wants to contribute or update.~Janie~

P.S. Great review on that mushroom soup that I also said sounded so elegant.
    False
    Any progress on your dog & the kitty?

I thought of you this mornin when I was getting ready for work...I feed the kitty a little canned food every morning in our bedroom, I put her plate on this wooden table in front of the window and she sits on her scratch post to eat...Sonnie comes in and decides he's gonna what her...mind you I can't see what she is doing since there is a big plant in the way of my immediate vision...so I start hearing her do that 'I'm gonna attack you cry/howl', so I peak around to see what is going on and here Sonnie is sitting there watching her, that is it just watching, so I let him know not to bother her and he lays down...she is still doing that cry...all I could thing of is that commercial where the kids keep saying 'Stop touching me!', she wants him to stop looking at her!! LOL!

You should see my boy sing!!! It is the funniest thing, he pours his lil heart & soul into it!! And practice makes good, he gets better each time!!LOL!

The upside down fish begging for food is a good one!! LOL!
    False
    I'll put it this way, they tolerate each other. I think I really put the curse on any new pet that comes into this household by calling her chase.
    Sooner or later they will live in harmony, Ha. HA, She went on a tyrate with my 2 mares yesterday, apparently one of them must have gotten stung with a bee or something and a stampede started, with chase comming up the rear, joining in the fun, that nearly gave me heart failure, Horses buck and kick when they are startled and you had best get out of the way, not chase she seizes the moment! I pray each time she does this, as there is no control when animals are running wild like this.
    False
    DH and I have an eight year old Siamese son, oops, cat,*laughs*, he is like a kid and spoiled to the core. He sits up like a squirrel and begs with his paws. I ask him what he wants and he rubs one ear with a paw while still sitting up, I tell him no, he has to give me two. So he rubs both ears with his paws sitting up for us to take him. I have to have DH talk to him on the phone when he goes away on his trip, can you imagine when DH was in Iraq talking to a cat here at home? LOL. Smokey comes running when the phone rings and I start talking, mostly if it is DH, or our sons, he seems to know. Animals a definately not dumb. I had to have our beloved Emmy cat put to sleep a few months back, we had adopted her the latter part of last year and she filled my heart with a special joy. She was such a sweet baby girl and still breaks my heart to think of her. I miss her so...... Thanks for letting me share, Connie
    False
    Connie that is soo sweet about your kitty needing to talk to daddy when he goes away!! And the rubbing of the ears, tooo cute!

Thanks for sharing about your Emmy...know exactly how you feel its so hard losing our 'babies'.
    False
    Connie, Just when I think I have read it all, up pops another one. This one is almost human like! Glad you got your story in before the thread is done.Animal Planet really needs to visit some of you owners out there. ~Janie~
    False
    One of the funnier stories I know is from a beagle/pointer mix dog we used to have named Scamper (appropriate name). Actually there are several stories with her...but anyway, my little brother and I decided we were going to train her to sit. So we would say "Sit" and if she did it we would give her a bite of a peanut butter sandwich. After a few times of this, a problem developed. She sat and refused to get up and expected to be fed because she was sitting. Thought we would never get that dog to do anything but sit (LOL). The other one had to do with my dad's birthday. My dad was very meticulous. One year my mom baked him a birthday cake (his mother's famous chocolate cake recipe). He came out into the dining room for something only to discover Scamper standing on her back legs licking the icing off of his birthday cake.
    To say he was not pleased would be an understatement (LOL)

Sherry
    False

Faith is not demanding what we want; it is trusting God's goodness in spite of life's tragedies. Dave Branon

This thread is great...let's keep it going with all our "tales about tails"
    In Wisc., I live right by a forest preserve that I was always afraid to walk in alone; punks & cruisers, etc. Well, in addition to my 75-lb. male springer I am the proud owner of a beautiful, purebread, male Doberman pincher dog. So, with Rex, my Dobe, we went walking into the forest preserve during the afternoon on one of the pathways. As there was no one around, I let him off leash to work with him on his commands. As I was looking at the wildflowers and beautiful trees in the preserve all of a sudden there were three punks behind me on the path and I was scared. They started saying things to me that made me even more scared and I didn't know what to do. Though I kept walking and paying no attention to them, they were closing in. When, what to my wondering eyes did appear, Rex, and he was better than a shotgun against these punks. They were "Oh$$it!) and I gave the command of "punch" and he grabbed one of them by their low-level jeans. This kid was crying. Rex held him; didn't bite him; but I told this jerkoff not to come back anymore into the forest preserve where people should be free to walk and picnic w/o fear. My springer, 5 yrs. has a merry heart, but is no watchdog. My Dobe is a great "equalizer."
    False
    I've really enjoyed reading about everyone's "kids". I have a beautiful 1 year old cockateil named Gizmo. He loves prancing around on my desktop while I'm online. He loves playing with my DGD who's a year and a half. He calls her boogie boo. He says a lot of things and loves to whistle. He now knows the Andy Girffith theme and whistles it constantly! He can imitate the telephone perfectly!! I'm never sure if the phone ringing or if Gizmo is calling. LOL He also likes to go riding in the car. He sits on the dash and yells at the other cars. lol He's hiliarious.

Sandy
    False
    How about a squirrel story, hehe. My next door neighbor, single guy, him and his buddy saw a baby squirrel come out from under my veranda and called it over towards them. The guy came over into my yard and scooped the baby up, and my neighbor called an told me what they had done. He was going to try to give it some milk. I asked him if he was still not internet connected, he does not believe it in. So I came to grab an eye dropper, located a site fast, ran off information on what to feed, and not to feed, how to hand raise a squirrel to release it into the wild. Well she(Stryker, squirrels name), her cage is put out on the porch of a morning, sliding door is left open, she goes in and out of the house now. She runs the wood fence as we talk over the fence, walks over his shoulders and arms, runs my veranda railing and is soooo cute. A big squirrel went into neighbors house the day before yesterday and baby Stryker hissed at the big squirrel and ran it out of the house. I know you need to be careful of wild animals and carrying diseases, but just a interesting little story on another type of animal. Nope, my doors stay closed, Smokey would not enjoy this kind of animal on his turf. LOL, Connie
    False