Ot ~BB's Pet Board~ | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Ot ~BB's Pet Board~

Last post Dec 07, 2012 10:25 AM by LagarL . 112 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 4 of 8 (113 items) < First23456Last >
  • RE: Ot ~BB's Pet Board~
    Some more really cute stories!! Thanks for sharing them!
    False
    I love this thread! Keep them coming folks! People look at me weird when I say my cat is my child. I knew I wasn't the only one out there and this really proves it.

Speaking of children, my DH and I plan to not have them. At least the children that the IRS allows you to count. About a month ago, we had gone to visit my parents for the weekend and went to the church where I grew up. One older lady stopped to say Hi and then told me she was going to the nursery to see her great-grandchildren. Then he next line was, "I guess you still have cats?" And I responded in the nicest way possible, "Yes, and she's lovely." Ugh! People send me Christmas cards of their children, I've sent the same ones of my cat! She is my child and I would miss so much of life without her. Since I've been out sick most of the week, she has been by my side the whole time. Although, she did inform when her water bowl was getting shallow! She is caring, loving, and fun. Come to think of it, she and DH haven't chase down the hall the last few days. Maybe it's out of respect for my ills. I love my kitty!

Micki
    False
    Click for Cancun, Mexico Forecast
    I am also a cat person. I tried a puppy about 10 years ago but my cat moved out. He wanted nothing, I mean, nothing to do with her. My niece had black lab puppies but this cute baby just cried all the time. So I brought her back to my niece since she had other people interested in giving her a good home. It just didn't seem fair to leave her alone all day to cry.

I do love the independent spirt of a cat. Now, I have 3. I had 4 until I had to have Crispy put to sleep a couple of months ago. So now I have 1 gray tabbie, Jack, about 10 yrs old, and Magic & Lil Man, both black cats.

Jack is a simple loving cat. LilMan moved in during Hurricane Floyd about 5 years ago when he was a visiting stray. About the same time Magic's owner was evicted & left him behind. I guess they knew I would take care of him since I pretty much was anyway since they didn't let him in much. I started feeding him & let him in the bad weather.

I also "stole" Jack from another evicted tenant since they were not feeding him well or treating his illness. His innter eyelid was exposed. I took him to vet & then vet told me to give him med twice a day & keep him in. Ended up having to keep him in for 3 weeks & owner just started looking for him then & then they were evicted. At that point I knew they weren't getting him back. So planned on hiding him but then owner came & told me to keep him since they were moving. Whew!

Before I had Jack I had another black cat I called Munch. Magic is very much like Munch in temperment. Very spunky & very smart. I can get Magic to do anything all I have to do is say the word turkey or chicken. He knows what they mean. My Munch I had to have put down since he had stroke & lost use of hind legs. I truly loved him so much. I had him as a kitten when my niece showed up with him at 8 weeks old in a brown paper bag. She said it was a bag of Christmas ornament for me.
    False

Diane

Continued

I used to walke around the complex here at night every night & Munch followed right with me. He loved our walks. He used to turn on lights. He would jump & wrap his paws around the light switches. These were wall switches. I couldn't figure it out. I kept finding lights on that I turned off. Finally, I saw him do it. He just jumped & jumped until it worked.

I had to get rid of wicker with him too. That's why I named him Munch. He would munch on any wicker I had from planters to baskets to the hamper. He used to take a flying leap across the room bouncing off the sofa so as to reach my philodendrom plant in a wicker hanging basket in the living room. He would hang on like he was Tarzan & swing. He was so funny. He understood me like Magic does. I used to talk to him all the time on our walks. There was a mean cat that used to like to attack him & he wore a big bell. So when I heard the bell I would tell him to hide under the car until the mean cat passed by. And he did. I would walk away from him & the cat would pass us & then I waited & Munch would come to me when all clear.

Diane
    False

Diane

These stories are just too cute not to share. Thanks for sharing ~Janie~
    False
    Winston (after Churchill, of course!) my siamese cat was my best friend for 12 years. He was quite cross-eyed and a little clumsy. When the heat went out in our Chicago apartment, there was still hot water, so I decided to take a bath 'cause I was so cold and was waiting for the landlord to turn the heat back on. As I was relaxing in the warm tub water, Mr. Winston was sitting on the tub rim. Just as I was starting to warm up in the warm water, he promptly puked into the water!EEEWWWW!!! Guess between his cross-eyed vision and the motion of the bath water, he got "sea sick" LOL Lydia
    False
    Bump.
    False
    Ewwwweee!! But ya gotta love em!!
    False
    I have a couple of good pet stories. The first one is actually not from my pet but a friend of mines dog. She had a terrier (sad to say her dog has passed away since) that had never had puppies, never been pregnant either. One of her kids found a kitten that was apparently abandoned by it`s mother and this dog sort of adopted this kitten as her "child" and do you know that this dog started nursing this little kitten and producing milk for it? It was amazing to see that`s for sure. She just loved that little kitten.
    Next story is about my cat. Her name is Mama Kitty. She has this routine every night when me and hubby go to bed. First she starts out jumping on the bed by me then she`ll jump over me and go over to Terry for about 20 seconds :o) then she`ll jump back over me and rub her head on my hand to let me know she`s there and if I don`t pet her right away she sniffs my eye lids. Then I start petting her and she`ll bite my arm, not hard or anything. It`s like she`s saying "Come on, pet me some more". And I`ll pet her for a few minutes and when we settle down to finally go to sleep she likes to snuggle her face into my arm.

False
    We have two dogs (Lucy & Sasha) and a desert tortoise named “Fred”. We’ve had Fred since he hatched out of his shell 22 years ago. Both of Fred’s parents have died through accidents, but we are thankful to have their baby. Well, Lucy and Sasha love their Fred and Fred likes them. Fred has dug a large underground tunnel in the backyard; he sleeps in the hole each night and hibernates there during the winter. Every day we go outside looking for Fred to give him some romaine lettuce and other vegetables. We’ll call out “Fred” and the girls (Sasha & Lucy) help us look for him. If they can’t find him, one of the dogs usually goes down his hole looking for him. [They have “helped” Fred enlarge his home so they can fit in it too.] That will usually cause him to wake up and come out to see what we’ve brought him to eat!

One more “Fred” story...
    We moved a year ago February. Before we moved, my husband had to dig out Fred who in the middle hibernation in his underground tunnel. My husband put Fred in a box, and we left him there until he woke up in spring. When we put him in the backyard for the first time, our dog Lucy was beside herself! She was so happy to see her Fred, and realize that he had moved with us.
    False
    Ahhhh I'd love to meet Fred!! He sounds soo cool!

Our neighbor (3 houses away)has 2 tortoise's one roamed over to our neighbor right next door (Bill), well it was a Sunday and we had just sat down to eat and Bill came running over banging on the door that there was this HUGE snapping turtle in his driveway so I ran back with him to look and I said that's no snapper thats the neighbors, then next thing you know here comes the other neighbor looking for his turtle!
    False
    Great News! We have added a Tortoise and a Squirrel to the BB Board. Please take the time to read the last few entries. How nature provides and preveils.~Janie~ Newbies out there I know there are several, get your pets on the board, they are important too and we want to read your stories.
    False
    Cathy08925's story about her cat licking her eyelids reminded me of my cat Jack. He doesn't do this much any more but he used to wake me up that way. I'm not a good morning person but tend to stay up too late at night & then set 3 alarms (especially in the winter). He used to jump on my chest & flip my head back & forth. He was hungry for breakfast & heard the alarm so he would position his nose by my chin & jaw & lift it up & cause my head to bounce & turn. Then he would do it on the other side. He would do this several times until I would move on my own. He would also take his cold wet nose & smell my eyes. He is such a character but he is slowing down now and doesn't do this much anymore. Diane
    False

Diane

deej, Add your story~Janie~
    False
    Att: tylo7,Please take a few minutes to read some of these great stories.
    False