Ot ~BB's Pet Board~ | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Ot ~BB's Pet Board~

Last post Dec 07, 2012 10:25 AM by LagarL . 112 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 6 of 8 (113 items) < First45678
  • RE: Ot ~BB's Pet Board~
    Oh Grann what a wonderful story.

Will be sending you (((hugs))) & keep you & Precious in my prayers.
    False
    Grann

Sorry you have a sick kitty. That was a cute story how she recognized Alpha & that book. It must still have had her scent on it. Diane
    False

Diane

It is good that you have some time to prepare. A big hug to you and precious, I am so glad you and her are a part of this growing wonderful board for all to enjoy. These stories continue to make me think twice when people think that they don't think, because they certainly do! Welcome Precious, Meet your friends.~Janie~
    False
    Bumping for Devon and for all of the new members so they understand how this board pours out so much love for our Pets~ Some of these old posts put a smile on my face, I hope it puts one on yours as well~ Janie
    False
    Well, I guess I have a 'bad news, good news story.

January 15th we had a fire and lost our 2 furbabies (miniature poodle named Nick and a ChiaPom named Twink. We also lost a parakeet, a 5" long gold fish that was about 10 years old, and a cat. We miss the furbabies the most. That's the bad news.

The good news is that we have 2 more furbabies on order. We are getting 2 miniature poodles, a male and a female, but the mother is still pregnant. They should be born the end of May and we will be getting them around the end of July. The best part is that the father of Nick is going to be the father of this litter so at least they will be a half-brother and half-sister to Nick. We have already named them. The male will be Sparky (named by my DH) because a spark started our fire and the female (named by me) will be Star because Twink's full name was Twinkle and stars twinkle so...
    False
    Cuuute stories!

I have had some real corkers for pets. Plus, the character we have now.

When I was growing up on a farm, I begged for the lives of 2 runt pigs. They teased the dogs by taking their blankets & they played peekaboo. One liked to wear the feed bowl on his head while the other wore the water bucket on it's head. They'd march around like fine ladies wearing beautiful hats in a parade. So many pranks.

Also had a chicken that liked to take walks with my dad. Dad really never felt well and he did need to walk. "Penny" would knock on front door with her beak until my dad came to the door himself. Then she'd repeat "wok wok wok" until he went down the road with her by his side. She'd look up at him and talk the whole way. What a sight! My father taking walks down the road with 4 dogs and a chicken.

Now we have a miniature poodle from a shelter. He dances when he wants something and we're not listening. The more he wants "it", the faster he dances. Sometimes it's a better show than the Charleston.

He asks to go potty. He puts his toys away when asked (way better at that than the kids). He knows all of his toys and different chew hides by name. (This is amazing to me - I haven't learned a speck of "dog speak" yet he's learned so much!)

He goes weird when anyone kisses or hugs. He's a very jealous little dog. He gets between people and pushes them apart with his four legs like the proper chaperone he THINKS he is when he sees hugging. So of course, our family hugs ALOT.

When he's mad, really mad, he cusses by lowering his head and puffing air out of his mouth as if to say, "Oh cats!".

He loves bellyrubs and will do anything to get one. If we're not listening to his request, he'll grab our hand with his front paws and put our hand on his belly, or he'll wriggle on his back until his chest is right under our hand.

He also barks once to be let back inside and if it's nighttime when neighbors are in bed, his bark is very soft and quiet.
    False
    I gotta tell you about the neighbor's dogs. They're so funny!

They sit on the recliners watching t.v. with a big rock in their mouths. They don't chew them, they just like to hold them in their mouths. They're huge rocks, like tennis ball size!

Our dog runs around with a rock in his mouth sometimes after he's seen them with their rocks. Must be a very elite club - "Dogs And Rocks Club". LOL
    False
    Probably the funniest dog our family ever had was "Murphy", a black lab.

One hot spring day (yes, in Texas there are some really warm days in the spring), my husband was turning up the soil in our front flower beds prior to planting new flowers. Murphy was enjoying a nap in the shade right where my husband was digging. DH would dig, make Murphy move, dig some more, make Murphy move again and so on. Finally, Murphy disappeared around the corner of the house and came back with DH's cigarette package and lighter in his mouth. He dropped them at DH's feet as if to say, "Why don't you take a smoke break and let me alone?"

He ran the fence with the neighbor's dog, both barking fiercely at each other as if to say, "Boy, if I could just reach you, I'd tear you apart!".
    What made it so funny was that the fence was just four strands of barbed wire. Either of them could have gone under the fence at any time.

Murphy was strictly an outside dog, but occasionally he came in with my DH. He knew that getting on the furniture was absolutely forbidden, but he would make a dash for the sofa.
    He would stretch out his full length and close his eyes as if he thought if he was asleep, he wouldn't get scolded.
    False
    My mom had a Bichon Frise named Scooby Doo, we just called him the Doo. Scooby and my Bishon were the very best of friends when they were together they would play for hours. One day Scooby got sick my mom took him to a STUPID vet who didn't know anything so she lost him. I could see the sadest in my dog, when we went to my mom's house he would look every where for the Doo. The happy part: My Rugrat is joy of my life biggest baby you could ever be around. I have to carry him aroud like you would a baby with his back legs around my waist and his front legs around my neck. I have an 8 year old Special needs child he loves her soooo much always with her and giving her so many kiss's. There very close. Karen M
    False
    Karen Mckinney ( cheermom)
    My Tanner had a rubber squeaky duck that he loved to carry around. If you squeaked it, he could take it away from you. He was always careful to not bite down too hard because he didn't want it to squeak.

For a while he was "fence dog" after we moved into our new home. The other outside dogs chewed up his duck. When you'd tell him to go get the duck, he's whine because he couldn't find it.

Now he is an inside dog & has a rubber chicken that he thinks is a duck. We never could find another duck - and we've looked everywhere.
    False
    My sad story... Our Tippy, we had had her since I was about 3, I was a senior in High school and the night before new years eve, I had spent the night with my girlfriend. When her mom dropped me off, she called me back to the car to ask me a question. I had started to go thru the gate and came back.. Tippy must have gotten out. We didn't notice in the buzz of all that was going on.. and mom and dad and I probably all thought that one or the other of us had put her in the basement for the night. The next morning when I went to let her out and feed her, she didn't come... I searched all over for her.. we all did... I called the Human Society and she had been hit by a car the night I had come home... She was such a good dog. When she had her puppies, I used to dress them up and give them rides in my baby buggy. Tip didn't have a mean bone in her body. I have the sweetest pic of me at about 8, crying (pouting more like it) hugging on her... somebody listened to me! HER! lol......Yep, ol' Tippy was a very good dog.

Hugs,
    ♥Marcia

False
    Janie, we now have a golden. Spot is the sweetest pup.. Turned a year in December. Oh my what a personality they have and yes, he watches TV. Animal plante, Air Buds, Charlottes Web! His favorite thing is to chase the ball. My brother had a pair of goldens and he always said they were the best dogs he had had... I see why now that we have ours! lol

hugs,
    ♥Marcia

False
    Tap3x, That's a cute story and Marcia I am glad that your story was followed by a good one~

Yes Goldens are the best~ They are so sweet and gentle, very adaptable and truly love everyone and they are a class act~ Proud, and knowing how beautiful and popular they are~ Janie

False
    I had a shi-tzu in high school. Her name was Ginger and she was tan and white, and very tiny. Whenever I walked her people always said oh what a cute puppy even though she was full grown. My brother back in the day was a big heavy metal fan and loved Ozzy Osbourne. One day he Mom was out shopping so he was blasting his music in the living room, and all of a sudden Ginger started howling away at one particular sound. We burst out laughing, and played the song again to see if she would react the same way. She did! Years later my brother happened to play that song again and Ginger true to form started howling away. Guess she didn't like Ozzy too much. LOL!!

Lori
    False

Lori that is an adorable story~

My other gal~"Chase" loves to watch animal planet and she does react to certain dogs~ my gosh even the hair stands up on her back as she growls and barks at the threatening dog on Tv ~Thinking that's it's going to get her~ Amazing how they think, she is missing Devon as well, but slowly we all are healing~ She has never had so many car rides~ Janie

False